PDA

View Full Version : Great podcast, Nugget

charleville
09-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Hey Nugget;

A great podcast on your website this week.

Lots of good info. :)

Many thanks.

Regards....

gogecko
09-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Can someone tell me how to update podcasts? Ive subscribed to nuggets podcasts, but its not working.
I have itunes, and when I open it, I click on podcasts, I can see it says 'updating' and the progress bar spins, but I get no new podcats info.

I havent had an update since I heard the first 3 podcasts some 2 mths ago.

Any ideas? Running itunes 6.042 for windows.

thx
Andrew

charleville
09-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Actually, I find that Nugget's podcasts don't update automatically for me also so I just listen to them manually when I am at the computer. They are not lengthy so that is easy to do.

I wonder if others find that they don't update automatically also?

Bundy_Burp
10-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Yeah they dont work for me either I do the same as Charleville and listen to them manually.

Nugget
10-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys - appreciate the feedback.
I'm working on the automitic update stuff - should have it fixed soon.

In the mean time just go to www.nuggetfishing.com.au and click on the link.
I try to keep them under 1.5 meg for those on dialup.

Cheers

Dave ><>

Nugget
14-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Ok the podcast subscription update is now working.
So is the Itunes link and subscription.
You may need to re subscribe.

I've also had a PHP interface built so I will be able to put more tips up there as well - a lot less work now.

Cheers

Dave ><>

charleville
14-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Great! #Thanks Dave.

PHP ???

I have been downloading your 4BC program automatically into my Itunes using AudioHijack (Apple app) and it works exquisitely well. #So now I don't have to get up at 5am to listen but instead listen to it on my ipod as I am doing gardening, home chores, painting, etc. #

Hate to tell you this but I also now know how long the ad breaks and news breaks are and you know what that means - it takes a lot less than 2 hours to listen to the whole content of the show on the ipod. #This just means of course that the business model future of this medium has to be in advertorial content rather than advertising per se, I suspect. #eg your interviews with the Noble boats bloke are very listenable on that medium but the standard ad breaks are not asd listenable. #Well - maybe the new Peter Rule adverts are not too bad but hey will need regular refreshing to make them attractive to poddies.

:)

Nugget
14-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Ha Ha - as always Bruce - to the point, accurate and honest - I love your comments.

There are a lot of people out there that have worked out timed audio recording and are doing exactly what you are.
In most software it's like setting a video recorder (a lot easier actually) - the software records the Show and you listen to it at a later time.

The podcast software (my user end) will be completed by tomorrow.
The Kid's Page is a week away from being finished.

Getting there - if only the fish stopped biting for a few days I'd get more work done...!

Dave ><>