PDA

View Full Version : Chatboard Upgrade to be done this weekend

imported_admin
08-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Will be upgrading the server over the long weekend and switching the chat board over to different software. As a result the site maybe offline from time to time over the weekend.

When it is offline you will see a screen advising you that the board is in maintenance mode, whenever possible I will also advise of an estimated time it will be back online.

If all goes well and the change over goes smoothly there will be minimal disruption.

webby
08-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Working this weekend are we, no rest for the wicked. ;)
Would give you a hand but will be away ;D sorry.
best of luck
regards

Owen
08-06-2006, 09:38 PM
When you say different software, do you mean an ugrade, or are you changing from YaBB to something else?

mod5
08-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Steve, before the forum software is changed, do you think you could put your ideas to the forums users first? Only reason I ask is that some of us have probably used the software your looking at and may be able to point any any problems with it.

At this stage I will most likely be using SMF - http://www.simplemachines.org/

Will try and do a test install and conversion on the weekend and see how things go.

PinHead
09-06-2006, 04:19 AM
Working this weekend are we, no rest for the wicked. ;)
Would give you a hand but will be away ;D sorry.
best of luck
regards

Glad you are not giving Steve a hand...after a few black cans...the site would be down for weeks...LOL

Have fun Steve...better you than me.

madman1
09-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the notice!

Gbanger
10-06-2006, 01:21 AM
sounds good, good luck with it...

blaze
10-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Best of luck Steve

Feral
10-06-2006, 10:15 AM
oh no the risk - weathers to crook to go fishing, if the site goes down for any length of time, I'll have to do chores! :'(

gruntahunter
10-06-2006, 09:30 PM
i think fix the clock........ ;)

mod5
10-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Clock is currently 3 minutes out. ;)

imported_admin
11-06-2006, 09:59 AM
i think fix the clock........ ;)

Have a read of the followingthread in the Help section. Explains how to set the correct time in your profile

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1128484896

mod5
11-06-2006, 02:43 PM
How's the changeover going Steve.

imported_admin
11-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Will be doing soem of teh major stuff tonight.

Will be off line from around 10:00pm tonight. All going well it will not be off for long ;D

mod5
11-06-2006, 05:40 PM
All going well it will not be off for long #;D

Good luck with it. :P :P :P

Gbanger
11-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Will be off line from around 10:00pm tonight. All going well it will not be off for long #;D

this means ill have to go out of the house...

gruntahunter
11-06-2006, 08:34 PM
been waiting all bloody weekend for a call or post fromhicksy about his boat for sale......u know when he is goin g to look at his post....yes u guessed...when we are down ...lol

hope the site gets a bit quicker....tis very slow now

anyway...thats my bitch...tis a great place anyway

mod5
12-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Wheres the new board, Boss. #;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::)

imported_admin
12-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Conversion caused major problems. Still trying to sort it out but not looking good for it to happen this weekend.

As it looks like it could be a while for the conversion to take place I ened up doing some upgrades to the existing software.

If anyone finds problems please either report them here or in the Help Section.

Thanks

mod5
12-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I think you should stick with YaBB. I see you updated to YaBB 2.1 and YaBB 3 will be out before to long. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Feral
12-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah 5:30am this morning ya gave me a hearty, board still not up, wind blowing, those chores were in danger of getting done!

Thank goodness you got her back on line!

longtail
12-06-2006, 06:19 PM
steve , the board is now taking forever to load . dunno whats wrong but i'm on broadband and it usually takes only a minute or 2 to load a new page , but it's just taken 12 minutes to logon . as i'm typing it's still loading.

cheers
Jason

blaze
12-06-2006, 07:10 PM
as above
best of luck
cheers
blaze
ps
I would hate to be trying to work out what ever you are Steve

nabs12
12-06-2006, 10:25 PM
hey
Ausfish is taking ages to load for me aswel.. how long will it be like this?
I can stand it!!!!

imported_admin
13-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Think I have sorted that one out, should be a bit faster now.

fishingbarry
13-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Still a lot slower than it was before , its driving me nuts :'( :'( :'(

imported_admin
13-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Still a lot slower than it was before , its driving me nuts :'( :'( :'(

Can you give me an indication of times it is taking to load a page and also what ISP you are with.

These are the current times I am experiencing.

When I click on "General Chat" on the main page it takes 6 seconds for the message index page to load.

When I click on "Chat Board Update this weekend" topic it takes 5 seconds for the page to load.

lippa
13-06-2006, 05:58 PM
its working fine for me now, but yesterday arvo/evening was as previously stated 10-15 mins to load a page and finally when clicking on a topic i got a page saying expired/technical difficulty's message

cheers

lippa

imported_admin
13-06-2006, 06:34 PM
its working fine for me now

Thanks for the feedback.

yesterday arvo/evening was as previously stated 10-15 mins to load a page and finally when clicking on a topic i got a page saying expired/technical difficulty's message

Yep, sorted that one out about midnight last night. Was one line of code that was causing it.

SeaSaw
13-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Steve, I now have to log in before I can access any of the chat boards. Is this a new lockdown or is it something missing after the upgrade?

Cheers,

Mark

bidkev
13-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Steve, I've noticed that when a page is loaded, then the N (for Netscape) is showing it as still loading and the windows egg timer is still showing. IOW, if you observed what is happening in my browser, you would think the page is still loading when in fact, it has completed. I've typed this message and took my time and it is still showing as downloading???

kev

blaze
13-06-2006, 10:24 PM
ATM between 6 and 15 seconds, depends on what I go to look at
cheers
blaze
explorer
telstra bb

PinHead
14-06-2006, 04:34 AM
Looks like you must be having a great time with it Steve...had any sleep lately????

PinHead
14-06-2006, 06:26 AM
A quickie Steve..why can't I send a pm..comes up with a text error message ??????

fish2eat
14-06-2006, 09:09 AM
upgrades.....hmmmmm.....don't think I've EVER seen one go without severe complications, and I've seen many. Had to help rescue a large company that got into financial difficulty after it did a software upgrade.

my advice.....NEVER do it on a live operating site

Darryl
14-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Flying for me. Telstra braodband, 1500kbs.

imported_admin
14-06-2006, 09:48 AM
A quickie Steve..why can't I send a pm..comes up with a text error message ??????

PM's seem to be working fine.

Can you tell me exactly what the error message says?

imported_admin
14-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Steve, I now have to log in before I can access any of the chat boards. Is this a new lockdown or is it something missing after the upgrade?

Cheers,

Mark

Trying to ease teh load on the server by not allowing guest access. This blocks all the bots, E-mail harvesters, etc.

Just select to "Logged in for: Keeps" if you are not on a public computer and you do not have to login everytime you visit.

imported_admin
14-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Steve, I've noticed that when a page is loaded, then the N (for Netscape) is showing it as still loading and the windows egg timer is still showing. IOW, if you observed what is happening in my browser, you would think the page is still loading when in fact, it has completed. I've typed this message and took my time and it is still showing as downloading???

kev

Noticed that once this morning. I think it was just all teh smilies and BBC code butons loading though.

Will keep an eye out for it though.

Fishin_Dan
14-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Steve - The PM issue is not when you send a PM directly, it's when you try to reply to a PM. I tried on 3 different PM's today, and had to PM each person directly instead.

The error reads "Error loading 2.txt" or something like that.

I tried with Explorer & Firefox. Both are the same.

rando
14-06-2006, 11:53 AM
As of last night it was taking my home compuer ages to load,and I could not post in some boards as the start a topic page would not load completely, it stopped once it reached the internet explorer screen.

imported_admin
14-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Steve - The PM issue is not when you send a PM directly, it's when you try to reply to a PM. I tried on 3 different PM's today, and had to PM each person directly instead.

The error reads "Error loading 2.txt" or something like that.

I tried with Explorer & Firefox. Both are the same.

Just tested it on my account and a test account and it is working fine.

Could you give me a copy of the exact error message so I can check it out further.

Is it happening when you click on the reply button or when you click on the send button once you have typed a reply?

SeaSaw
14-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Steve, #I now have to log in before I can access any of the chat boards. #Is this a new lockdown or is it something missing after the upgrade?

Cheers,

Mark

Trying to ease teh load on the server by not allowing guest access. This blocks all the bots, E-mail harvesters, etc.

Just select to "Logged in for: Keeps" if you are not on a public computer and you do not have to login everytime you visit.

Thanks Steve. I log in from a couple of computers, but it is no trouble to log in and out. Does this mean Ausfish is now officially Members Only :-?

Mark

fishingbarry
14-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Much quicker today guys well done, have to log in every time in go on line.

imported_admin
14-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Does this mean Ausfish is now officially Members Only :-?

No, only got it that way for a few days while I work on things.

Fishin_Dan
14-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Just tested it on my account and a test account and it is working fine.

Could you give me a copy of the exact error message so I can check it out further.

Is it happening when you click on the reply button or when you click on the send button once you have typed a reply?

Just sent myself a PM, then replied to it, and it bl*%dy worked!!! ::) ha ha ha

It was after you typed a reply and clicked on the "send" button.

slyman
14-06-2006, 04:44 PM
mate, its still slow as a wet wig for me, ever since i started checking out the site, pages take on average 30 secs to a minute, monday night pages just didnt load at all, but today, they are as slow as they always have been for me. Which is annoying because i have broadband and every other site i look at loads in seconds.

gawby
15-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Steve,
Looks like you have had plenty of comments about the site being slow, its taking longer now to get through things at my end than it did before.
No doubt things will get better.
Graeme

griz066
15-06-2006, 06:07 PM
i agree very slow worse than b4 the only diff is that the number of posts is back under our name again.

mod5
16-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Are you going to try the new forum this weekend Steve.

imported_admin
16-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Will be changing servers next week. It will take a bit to do as there is quite a bit to move and setup. Not just Ausfish but there is a lot of domains that I host that I have to move as well. Should have it all finished by next weekend.

ShaneJ
19-06-2006, 07:28 PM
I am noticing in the Tackle & Accessories Chat section that I am unable to view previous pages because page numbers after 1 are missing. Is anyone else having this problem?

imported_admin
19-06-2006, 10:28 PM
I am noticing in the Tackle & Accessories Chat section that I am unable to view previous pages because page numbers after 1 are missing. Is anyone else having this problem?

Fixed

choppa
19-06-2006, 10:49 PM
if you check out the test board,,, i had a bet with no 1 son that line 1 runs faster than line 2

i want to up grade and increase my winnings to line 3,,,

hang on i'll show what i mean

horse1

horse2 with extra 1kg weight

horse3, outsider paying 150/1,,, no way can win

i'll go half/half if you help out