is this a strickley male forum

lucylass
06-06-2006, 12:16 AM
just tht i would wave the flag ::)

is this a seriously #male forum
( i couldnt spell strickly)

Feral
06-06-2006, 05:43 AM
Well last I looked fish are not cudly, are in fact slimey, fishing usually involves getting out of bed early, usually involves sticking your fingers in smelly things, usually involves treating people of all races and creeds (well except for the rare asian haters amongst us :-[ ) equally, joined by the bond of fishing.

not exactly the job description of the Paris Hilton sorts is it?

Tinn
06-06-2006, 08:51 AM
There are some lovely ladies among us. ;) But the majority I would say are males fishing at night in cold weather ain't are girls favourite thing to do.

Louis
06-06-2006, 09:37 AM
I think the vast bulk of us would welcome more women into the wonderful world of angling and Ausfish.

Alas, unfortunately, as others have stated, many women seem not to like the processes involved in angling.

Louis

Tinn
06-06-2006, 09:48 AM
One major problem is the smell of bait. Ohhh I am not touching that smelly stuff : :(

lucylass
06-06-2006, 10:16 AM
One major problem is the smell of bait. Ohhh I am not touching that smelly stuff : :(

8-)

thats why god made chicken breast in garlic ;D

Nic
06-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Yeesh, that's a bit harsh fellas. ;D My girlfriends and I don't give a rats about early starts, cold weather or bait. Would you agree, Lucylass?

Tinn
06-06-2006, 10:24 AM
We aren't saying all girls are the same just the majority. You will always find some keen girls that love fishing

fishingnottake
06-06-2006, 10:49 AM
it because all the women are out catching the fish while the guys are on here talking about the fish they;re going to catch ;)

PAYNE
06-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Not a STRICTLY #;) male forum Lucylass.

We girls seem to have less time to waste on internet chat boards #:P

Each to their own when it comes to fishing. #I know some blokes almost puke when I bleed a tailor or watch me put a worm on the hook. #Bloody wussies #;D ;D ;D

themisses
06-06-2006, 01:43 PM
I joined up to see what all the fuss was about, Captain was often talking about the site. Now check it most days to see what is happening. I have no probs sticking a hook up a yabbies bum. Not so great knocking off the fish but do scale and clean. Learned lots from here. Don't post much, if I bragg too much about out fishing the Captain i get left at home. Cheers Kim. ;)

bidkev
06-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Well last I looked fish are not cudly, are in fact slimey, fishing usually involves getting out of bed early, usually involves sticking your fingers in smelly things, <snip>

Mrs Verminator doesn't mind that one bit and they don't come smellier than vermin ;D

kev

bidkev
06-06-2006, 03:23 PM
"The smellier the better", she says ;D

Figjamm
06-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi lucylass #[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

You'll find me in the Boating Chat section as we're on the home run of a rebuild.... but soon we'll be back out there catching a feed of fish 'n' crab #:)

--
Bev

lucylass
06-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Yeesh, that's a bit harsh fellas. #;D My girlfriends and I don't give a rats about early starts, cold weather or bait. Would you agree, Lucylass?

maybe harsh

i volunteer for marine rescue and its often in the middle of the night raining and cold :-/

but i go
to help those that are out there fishing 8-)

karana
06-06-2006, 05:43 PM
My wife outfished me once and says there is nothing more to prove.

choppa
06-06-2006, 07:31 PM
now lucylass,,,, honestly,,,,you spell strictly as i did,,,,(lesson 1)

you see when it comes to food gathering,,,,,hunting,,,,,killing,,,the male of the species has always prevailed,,,

the female,,, well she had the role of,,, cooking,,,,child bearing,,,parent teacher night duties, and so on,,,(lesson 2)

now that we have entered into the ""new age"",, were the females trespass on the male roles,, you have a confliction of interest,,,,

some of the males raise there arms and shake them about like madmen,,

some of the males become outcasts,,, and go on to lead a lonely life

some (like me), fight for there rights,,

and as soon as mrs choppa leaves the room,,,i'll crawl out from under the bed and bloody well tell her

but to answer your query,,,i personally think that some of the males on this site are really fmales anyway,,,,,,have you seen ""hussy's"" recent topless pic,,,,,looks like my grandma ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Figjamm
06-06-2006, 08:09 PM
the female,,, well she had the role of,,, cooking,,,,child bearing,,,parent teacher night duties, and so on,,,(lesson 2)

An un-named male once told me wife stood for.... Washing, Ironing, Food and Entertainment!!!! #

Fortunately I am NOT married to that male #;)

Gbanger
06-06-2006, 10:17 PM
my house.. ;D

lucylass
06-06-2006, 10:39 PM
now lucylass,,,, honestly,,,,you spell strictly as i did,,,,(lesson 1)

you see when it comes to food gathering,,,,,hunting,,,,,killing,,,the male of the species has always prevailed,,,

now that we have entered into the ""new age"",, were the females trespass on the male roles,, you have a confliction of interest,,,,

some of the males raise there arms and shake them about like madmen,,

some of the males become outcasts,,, and go on to lead a lonely life

some (like me), fight for there rights,,

and as soon as mrs choppa leaves the room,,,i'll crawl out from under the bed and bloody well tell her

but to answer your query,,,i personally think that some of the males on this site are really fmales anyway,,,,,,have you seen ""hussy's"" recent topless pic,,,,,looks like my grandma ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i think your being nice cause i helped you with your computer stuff you make me laugh

lucylass
06-06-2006, 10:43 PM
;)

choppa
06-06-2006, 10:46 PM
you darling,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you've found me weak spot :D :D :D :D

lucylass
06-06-2006, 11:24 PM
yay yay

i luv your attitude

you know i can help you
with most ???? #

i am good with boat rules

sorry i am just clever 8-)

laughing

Herm
06-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi Lucylass

I am a fairly new member and only found out about this site from a work friend.

I must admit that I have probably learn't more from this site in the last month or so than I have had in my 30 odd years of fishing! # :)

The bait, getting the swallowed hooks out, tying new traces, pumping yabbies etc, doesn't worry me in the slightest - but I will admit that I do not like the cold, early starts but, hey, if it means getting out for a fish - I will be there!!!! ;)

I love coming in and checking here to see what has been caught and what is on everyone's minds! and drolling over the catches of the day! :D

We have just bought a boat and we hope to be heading out on Monday for our first trip in the bay, so hopefully a fish on my new rod and reel! :) #I have only ever fished for whiting, bream and flathead so I think that I have a very steep learning curve coming up!

Janine :)

imnotoriginal
07-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Where are the females? Particularly the young ones.....that are single.....and own boats..... ::) Where oh where???? ;D
Joel

roz
07-06-2006, 09:37 AM
my house.. #;D

in your dreams ;D

I honestly don't know why males out number females in this sport/activity, fishing is simply the only past time for me, and it's always been that way.

Fortunately the male/female difference is not really an issue these days, particularly here on Ausfish.

So it's nice to see other females joining up, but at the end of the day we are all people with a common interest.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all one day, get yourselves to a M & G!!!

Cheers Roz.

rough_shag
07-06-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't think anyone on here hates asians,just what some of 'em are doing on the foreshore thats all.I reckon we would all enjoy more of the fairer sex on our boats and helping gut the catch eh.I reckon there will always be more women buying shoes than catching fish and vice versa.It's just the natural order of things.LOL.Jace.

Nic
07-06-2006, 12:36 PM

i think your being nice cause i helped you with your computer stuff you make me laugh

I think you should go once step further and give poor Choppa a full-stop key for his keyboard, looks like the poor fellow is having to make do with the comma key. :(

I have a spare old keyboard that I can prize the full-stop key off if you want it Choppa.

lucylass
07-06-2006, 01:07 PM
;D,,,,,,,,, i mean .............

mickstar001
07-06-2006, 02:32 PM
i personally there would be money in perhaps a team of ladies in bikinis to serve alcohol and clean boats at the end of the day for us hard working men just trying to get a feed for our families - would go down well ;D

PAYNE
07-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Wouldn't mind a team of well-toned males with hot bots to clean my boat.... bring 'em on ;)

Fishin_Dan
07-06-2006, 04:26 PM
i personally there would be money in perhaps a team of ladies in bikinis to serve alcohol and clean boats at the end of the day for us hard working men just trying to get a feed for our families - would go down well ;D

Lucky the mods don't think outside the box on that one! :-X HE HE HE

choppa
07-06-2006, 07:14 PM

i think your being nice cause i helped you with your computer stuff # #you make me laugh

I think you should go once step further and give poor Choppa a full-stop key for his keyboard, looks like the poor fellow is having to make do with the comma key. #:(

I have a spare old keyboard that I can prize the full-stop key off if you want it Choppa.

thanks nic for the offer,,,,,, but unfortunately it wouldn't help,,,,,,,,,,,you see its not the keyboard but my prostetic arm at fault,,,,,,, i couldn't afford to get a full length one,,,,, the shorter version only reaches far enough to hit the comma,,,,,,,,,i could sit closer to the keyboard,,,,, then my prostetic leg knocks against the power board and reacts with my pacemaker,,,,oh you don't want to hear about this,,,,,,,,,,,just accept me thanks before something else falls off and i've gotta call mrs choppa in to pick it up again,,,,,,,,,

TinarooTriumph
07-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Id love to see more women getting into fishing - theres not enough of them that fish at my age!. Theres very few gals my age that fish... very very few. And to tell you the truth, 'the girl' has to like fishing, and if she dont like fishing, she can go and throw some bait at some other fella as far as im concerned.

Theo 8-)

theoldlegend
07-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Sounds like you've got leprosy Choppa. :o Don't turn your head too quickly(comma) it might drop off.
:-?

TOL

choppa
07-06-2006, 08:16 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lippa
07-06-2006, 08:30 PM
my old girl loves fishing, i just wish she could get the gist of rigging up/ tying knots. ahh well. but as for going crabbing i'd have her in the boat any day over all my mates, friggin' big pansies! :D funny thing is one's a pro crabber!!! he even offered her a job, but she didn't want to leave her homewares shop! if you search back a bit, you will find a post she put up under my handle titled "lost husband" worth a read there's some funny replies in there!

cheers

lippa

theoldlegend
07-06-2006, 08:32 PM
No point in getting Choppa to clean your boat Leeann. :-/

He's got body parts falling off. :o

TOL

hussy
07-06-2006, 08:47 PM
hey choppa leanne wants a few well toned guys with hot bods to clean her boat. do you know where we can get one more guy to help us. hussy

choppa
07-06-2006, 09:04 PM
come on guys,,,,,,,your just takin the p^^5$$3@ss outta me now,,,,,oooops to late,,,,

leanne,,,i'll check me diary,, (and color,,,,,gotta be careful here,,,dont want to start a new thread)

lets see,,,me,,,,hussy,,,,TOL & lippa will join in i'm sure,,,,, but tinaroo triumph,, to young mate,,,,sorry

lucylass
07-06-2006, 09:31 PM

i think your being nice cause i helped you with your computer stuff # #you make me laugh

I think you should go once step further and give poor Choppa a full-stop key for his keyboard, looks like the poor fellow is having to make do with the comma key. #:(

thanks nic for the offer,,,,,, but unfortunately it wouldn't help,,,,,,,,,,,you see its not the keyboard but my prostetic arm at fault,,,,,,, i couldn't afford to get a full length one,,,,, the shorter version only reaches far enough to hit the comma,,,,,,,,,i could sit closer to the keyboard,,,,, then my prostetic leg knocks against the power board and reacts with my pacemaker,,,,oh you don't want to hear about this,,,,,,,,,,,just accept me thanks before something else falls off and i've gotta call mrs choppa in to pick it up again,,,,,,,,,

choppa does that mean you hav a prostetic fishing rod too

you would be hard to fish with althugh i think at the rate things are falling off you ................. you might make a good berley trail :o

lippa
07-06-2006, 09:44 PM
damn i look fine in a pair of budgie smugglers ;D....not ;)

cheers

lippa

Gbanger
07-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Wouldn't mind a team of well-toned males with hot bots to clean my boat.... bring 'em on # ;)

pm sent!

PAYNE
08-06-2006, 10:06 AM
come on guys,,,,,,,your just takin the p^^5$$3@ss outta me now,,,,,oooops to late,,,,

leanne,,,i'll check me diary,, (and color,,,,,gotta be careful here,,,dont want to start a new thread)

lets see,,,me,,,,hussy,,,,TOL & lippa will join in i'm sure,,,,, but tinaroo triumph,, to young mate,,,,sorry

Only under 30's need apply # # ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fishin_Dan
08-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Leanne - Maybe I could tie this in with my Industry Jobs thread! ;D I've still got 2 years before I hit 30!!! HA HA HA

theoldlegend
08-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Geez,

That's me gone 30 years ago! :'(

Can't help bad luck I suppose. Can't help old age either.

TOL

major-defect
08-06-2006, 11:46 AM
damn i look fine in a pair of budgie smugglers ;D....not ;)

cheers

lippa
Nobody looks good in budgie smugglers.

lucylass
08-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Only under 30's need apply # # ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

ooohhh thats got to hurt :o

TinarooTriumph
08-06-2006, 04:15 PM
:o Too young :o

Cant wait to meet ya Choppa... ;)

Theo 8-)

fishingnottake
08-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Only under 30's need apply ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
bugger i make the age cut off but i'm too far away...

mickstar001
08-06-2006, 05:36 PM
But ummmm what do we have to do to apply :P

Dignity
08-06-2006, 06:24 PM
mmmmm! under 30 stone (is that what 30's stands for), I make it

sam

lucylass
08-06-2006, 08:02 PM
god i think i forgot what the job was

can we start this again :o ::) ;D

hussy
08-06-2006, 08:23 PM
where are the females? .in the kitchen cookin dinner i hope.
(this is not hussy) its his evil twin

lippa
08-06-2006, 08:33 PM
i'm 28, do you want me in a g-string or boardies? ;D

cheers

lippa

hussy
08-06-2006, 08:38 PM
i,m 31 but look great in a g- string

Jim_Byrne
08-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Leanne, how bigs your boat?

ronnieandbill
09-06-2006, 10:28 AM
I've been fishing since i was- well that high. My first jarvis walker was taller than I was. Fishing has always been something I've done.
What is it when a woman pulls up at the boat ramp, reverses her boat down,launches it, pull starts the motor and off she goes. Why does she get nothing but stares from the fella's. Some of the fella's don't like taking us fishing either. Maybe its because they can't stand it when us girls catch more and they're BIGGER.
I catch my own fish, fillet them,sharpen my own knives, cook the buggers and wash my own dishes.Nothing I like to do more.
Maybe all us girls should get together for a fishin weekend and leave the fella's home.
Ronnie

bidkev
09-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Ronnie, the missus could leave me at home when it comes to taking the kids fishing.

She does all the towing, reversing and trailering, whilst I simply hold the painter on the pontoon.

I see those looks you talk about when the guys see her putting the trailer in the water and then winching the boat on......it's no mean boat either, pushing 2.5 ton loaded and she gets it on herself.

Then there's the other look the guys give.........it's aimed at me standing watching her.....that "what a lazy bastard look" ::) ;D I normally acknowledge their looks with a, "now *that's* what you call a deckie!". ;D

The truth of the matter is that part of her is protective of my bad back, but in the main it's her fiercly independent attitude that has her doing it. She's been a pig farmer, a cattle hand, student at agricultural college, aircraft engineering mechanic in the navy and is now a bloody good nurse.....when she grabs the reins, you let her run ;D She's bloody murder to live with, but I don't regret a minute of my life with her....especially as she chose, and paid for the rig ;D

kev

PAYNE
09-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Leanne, how bigs your boat? #

5m Southern Star
3.85 Explorer Trophy
and a dodgy 12ft punt # :)

Hussy................. #I do NOT want to see you or your just as evil twin turn up, especially in a G # # #;D ;D :P :P

ronnieandbill
09-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Ronnie, the missus could leave me at home when it comes to taking the kids fishing.

She does all the towing, reversing and trailering, whilst I simply hold the painter on the pontoon.

I see those looks you talk about when the guys see her putting the trailer in the water and then winching the boat on......it's no mean boat either, pushing 2.5 ton loaded and she gets it on herself.

Then there's the other look the guys give.........it's aimed at me standing watching her.....that "what a lazy bastard look" ::) ;D I normally acknowledge their looks with a, "now *that's* what you call a deckie!". ;D

The truth of the matter is that part of her is protective of my bad back, but in the main it's her fiercly independent attitude that has her doing it. She's been a pig farmer, a cattle hand, student at agricultural college, aircraft engineering mechanic in the navy and is now a bloody good nurse.....when she grabs the reins, you let her run ;D She's bloody murder to live with, but I don't regret a minute of my life with her....especially as she chose, and paid for the rig ;D

kev

Kev
thought I may of imagined some of the looks- thanks for the confirmation and everything you said is just the way it is.Sometimes i think its because they wish their missus was able to do the same thing.
Nice to hear you have such a great wife. Sounds as if her and I have lots in common. I too am very independant and like to think I can do most of what the guys do. I won't let my hubbie anywhere near our cars and definately won't let him loose with a spanner near the boat. Apart from the boat the next best present from him was a massive tool kit and heaps of power tools.
You say she's murder to live with but Lets face it Kev- you wouldn't know what to do without her.

Ronnie

bidkev
09-06-2006, 10:20 PM
[quote author=kingtin link=1149516882/45#59 date=1149820536]<snip>

You say she's murder to live with but Lets face it Kev- you wouldn't know what to do without her.

Ronnie

Too true Ronnie......Love ain't whether you can live with someone.......it's whether you can live without 'em ;) :D

Hope she doesn't read this.........she knows just when to take advantage of a situation. ;D

kev

lucylass
10-06-2006, 12:14 AM
did i start something

looks like a very interesting thread
8-)

lucylass
10-06-2006, 12:17 AM
hubby has been away for 4 days

:-/ i am not quite sure yet what 2 do

Gbanger
10-06-2006, 01:09 AM
lol go fishin

Rlee
10-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Another female here.... I love fishing.

My husband had on old tinnie and I only went out in it once and told him he needed a new boat lol.

So we bought a new boat and are out in it most weekends now.

Hubby hasnt used the old boat since and I am nagging him to sell it lol.

woppa
11-06-2006, 08:00 AM
Kev it's bloody good to hear there are more women out there like it!! Nothing is better than getting out and fishing. Many of our mates comment their wives would be seen out catching bait, putting smelly pillies on hooks, bleeding fish etc... it's all part of the fun of fishing!!

I really do think though that a lot of the time for girls, being brought up in the fishing culture helps. Even for blokes, i know a lot of guys who haven't been brought up in a fishing family and don't like the feeling of putting bait on or filleting a fish!!

Jim_Byrne
11-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Nice collection Leeann! 5 metres is easy to clean!

choppa
11-06-2006, 10:38 AM
hubby has been away for 4 days

:-/ i am not quite sure yet what 2 do

well if i can help out in any way let me know

is it pearl one # # knit two???? :D :D :D :D :D

keyboards fixed!!!!!!!!!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,(s##t,,,,,,no its not) ;D ;D ;D

freespool2
11-06-2006, 10:45 AM
I know some blokes almost puke when I bleed a tailor....

use a knife not your teeth.....

Herm
11-06-2006, 12:12 PM
LOL! ;D ;D ;D ;D

From Woppa

I really do think though that a lot of the time for girls, being brought up in the fishing culture helps. Even for blokes, i know a lot of guys who haven't been brought up in a fishing family and don't like the feeling of putting bait on or filleting a fish!!

I totally agree Woppa! :D #You have described my husband to a T - not the baiting but definatley the filleting! :D

My family have had a holiday house at Golden Beach, Caloundra for longer than I have been around, and every fortnight it was up to the beach! #It is strange that it felt like SOOOOOOO far away when we were kids! ;) #Mum and Dad have retired up there recently. so we know try to get there every 3 weeks.

I got "my" first rod and reel at 4 - a little Alvey and an Angler Whippy Extra Rod that my Great Uncle did the binding on. :D

Yabbying, tying our own hooks, cleaning our own catch and I am determined that my nearly 4 and nearly 2 year old girls WILL do the same! #None of this having someone else do what they can do themselves ;) #

Miss 4 loves going "abbying" and Miss 2 was trying to pick up the live sandy last weekend and steals the "abbies" out of her grandad's bait bucket! # :)

I can't imagine that I would have ever started fishing later in life and I am so thankful that is was a part of my upbringing!

Janine :)

Goldy16
11-06-2006, 12:18 PM
I would enjoy fishing a lot more if I still had a boat & the gear to do it with. Unfortunately, when I had to get the local constabulary to evict my ex from my premises he took the lot.

Dignity
13-06-2006, 05:04 AM
What is it when a woman pulls up at the boat ramp, reverses her boat down,launches it, pull starts the motor and off she goes. Why does she get nothing but stares from the fella's. Ronnie

Maybe it is just admiring the rig, the woman or both. I'm not biased so I would go for both. 8-)

sam

PinHead
13-06-2006, 06:43 AM
my missus helped choose the boat..she cleans the inside of it..she loves being out on the water.

major-defect
13-06-2006, 06:54 AM
My wife backs the trailer down when we go,she likes it[she does it better than me].Mrs defect went and got her own licence so she could take the boat out if she wants but hasn't yet.That might change now we have the new engine.Both my girls have been fishing and camping since they were born and love it.My wife isn't the overly keen angler but loves where it takes her.

ronnieandbill
13-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Hey Sam
Never thought they would be admiring both.??????????????
Good point but then at my age you don't think about that.
Now I have the big boat I'm sure its the rig.
Ronnie

PinHead
13-06-2006, 10:09 AM
she who must be obeyed driving the boat..she has the boat license...vhf license..done some nav courses etc etc

megan
13-06-2006, 01:54 PM
My Partner is lucky that I go fishing with him - otherwise there wouldn't be any fish to eat most of the time. ;)
I don't like the early starts but once I am out there I love it - I bait my own, tie my own rigs, have my own fishing rods and gear, catch the fish, clean 'em, cook 'em and finally eat 'em.

megan
13-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Oh yeah and I also draw navigational charts for a living - so I can read the charts as well...

Dignity
13-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Ronnie, there's a lady who comes down to sth straddie who some years ago split with her partner. She decided she liked boating, bought a beaut old seameter and has never looked back. First time we saw her she struggled a little, but we gave per plenty of encouragement after watching her first attempt at setting the anchor and putting out a stern rope to the beach. She joined the club after that and is now a master of her vessel and outdoes many blokes with what she has learned. I hope it was because she was new to boating that every body helped out and not because she was an attractive young lady.

sam

theoldlegend
18-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Hey Chop, I'm just getting up to date with all the posts and I was taken by your reply (#69) offering some help.

Did you want to give me some help? [smiley=kiss.gif] [smiley=kiss.gif]

TOL

Owen
18-06-2006, 01:26 PM
What is it when a woman pulls up at the boat ramp, reverses her boat down,launches it, pull starts the motor and off she goes. Why does she get nothing but stares from the fella's. Ronnie

Maybe it is just admiring the rig, the woman or both. #I'm not biased so I would go for both. 8-)

sam

Or maybe thinking...
"Wonder if her old man owns a pub?" ;D ;D ;D

There's not much that doesn't require brute strength that a woman can't do as good or better than a bloke.
I've had my backside kicked by girls in superbike racing (improved touring back then), competitive IPSC pistol shooting and definately fishing. It's all about the fight in the dog.
I always liked teaching women anything more than blokes. They have less issues with being told that they're doing it wrong.
Except for the better half of course who is never wrong ;)

cheers,
Owen

lucylass
19-06-2006, 03:08 AM
thanks for the input

i have loved the answers

vanurose
20-06-2006, 07:59 AM
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the personal anecdotes on this topic. My husband and I fish nearly everyday(weather permitting)and we love and respect fish and their environment. We love boating and tackle shows and looking at all the tackle in tackle shops in Cairns(where we live) and other countries that we travel to.
Terry is non chauvenist and brags about the ones his wife catches more than his own catches(but I do catch more than him). I know a lot of ladies that would love their partners to take them fishing but unfortunately their partners hate fishing, so they come with us.
There are lot of lady anglers just waiting to be let loose but prefer male company to fish with. Most ladies love strong helpful men to be a partner with them in the world of angling.
Cheers
Rose