PDA

View Full Version : Video clips on Nugget's Website

charleville
19-06-2006, 06:03 PM
I notice that Nugget has added three new video clips to his website. http://www.nuggetfishing.com.au/index.shtml Well, they are possibly not really new to anyone who has attended one of Nugget's recent presentations where he has shown these but they are pretty good to see again.

Without wishing to appear greedy Dave, it would be great if you could add a sound track to them explaining what we are seeing, eg the sorts of comments that you have made in your presentations about Flatties being a night-time fish because the daytime shots have them covered in sand whereas the night time shots show them "cleared for action" in the best naval traditions. :)

The great opportunity for improving our fishing skills I reckon, is in understanding fish habits. We get lots of info about the hardware of fishing, reels, lines, rods, lures, but surely the difference between mug fishos and the greats has to be that the greats understand fish habits - where and when the fish will be around and on the chew.

Just some more gratuitous advice ;D but offered in the best possible spirit. ;)

thesimmos
19-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah it is a good site. I like the videos of the ramps..

On the boat ramp videos: It would be good if there was the Raby Bay, Viccy Point and Steiglitz (private and public) video footage....

Out of curiosity does anyone know if you can download hiswhole Weekend Morning fishing shows from anywhere? or can i only get the small podcasts...

charleville
19-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Out of curiosity does anyone know if you can download hiswhole Weekend Morning fishing shows from anywhere? or can i only get the small podcasts...

The full 4BC broadcasts are not available as podcasts.

However, I have overcome that by using some some software to download the program at the scheduled time and automatically convert it to the Ipod AAC protocol. #I have an Apple Mac at home and the appropriate software to do that job is Audiohijack which costs about USD$20. #I don't know what the equivalent PC program might be but I am sure that they would be available.

Having said all of that, it works for me every week without fail usually but did not this past weekend. #The error message was "Server not responding". #I tried to access 4BC on-line several times over the wekkend without success so I sent an email to their general manager. #The online service is working now.

On the boat ramp videos: It would be good if there was the Raby Bay, Viccy Point and Steiglitz (private and public) video footage....

The boat ramp videos are great. #Dave mentioned to me at the Tackle & Tinnie show that he is thinking about updating them. #I suggested that it would be useful to show what the beach looks like beside the ramp. This would be very good for solo boaties like me.

Nugget
20-06-2006, 04:06 AM
Thanks for your comments Bruce.
There is audio with the clips - or least there should be.
If you can't hear it please let me know.
It is a simple description but does ad some info.

Just thinking about it, the audio is in windows .wmv format - I might have make a Quicktime version.

There was an error with the flathead one which I recieved an email about.
It should now be fixed as well.

Also, if you heard last Sunday Show you might be interested to see Gavin Dunne's 30lb threadfin from the Brisbane River.

Yes there are more clips coming - updates on ramps and some how toos.
Kid's page is almost finished as well.

Cheers

Dave ><>

PinHead
20-06-2006, 04:23 AM
followed u up the M1 yesterday Dave..the nugget logo looks good on the back of the red beast (could not miss it )not forgetting to mention the large ausfish on the side...but where was the stabicarft behind it.

charleville
20-06-2006, 09:01 AM
There is audio with the clips - or least there should be.
If you can't hear it please let me know.
It is a simple description but does ad some info.

Just thinking about it, the audio is in windows .wmv format - I might have make a Quicktime version.

Aha! #My fault, Dave. :-[ #It does have sound.

When I open the clips by pasting the URL to WMV, it does have sound but when I just click on the items on your web site, the default media player that opens on my Mac shows the vision but not the sound. #I have #a conversion program which converts wmv to quicktime. #I guess that it is not quite up to the job in respect of the sound.

There you go. I have learnt yet another something. #:-[

Many thanks. #:)

gogecko
20-06-2006, 02:22 PM
A few minor bugs on a great website. Sorry to be picky, but I know nugget reads this feedback and likes to know about probs;

1- if you go to nuggets ausfish profile and click on the link to get to the website, you dont see the new videos. Is this a cache issue? Links on the front of ausfish are fine, as is the link in this thread above.

2- I cant see the new seaway videos on WMP, error "C00D11B3: Encountered a network error
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the Player encountered a network error. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

The server is not available (for example, the server is busy or not online). Try again later. "

- so was the server down Tues arvo, or did my Trend micro 2006 block the access?

3- ramp video is a great idea but the link to get Realplayer wants my credit card. This is a huge no no for me. Can you post a link to a free version of Realplayer instead of Realplayer Plus?

Luv ya work,
cheers
Andrew

Nugget
20-06-2006, 02:44 PM
A few minor bugs on a great website. Sorry to be picky, but I know nugget reads this feedback and likes to know about probs;

1- if you go to nuggets ausfish profile and click on the link to get to the website, you dont see the new videos. Is this a cache issue? Links on the front of ausfish are fine, as is the link in this thread above.

2- I cant see the new seaway videos on WMP, error "C00D11B3: Encountered a network error
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the Player encountered a network error. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

The server is not available (for example, the server is busy or not online). Try again later. "

- so was the server down Tues arvo, or did my Trend micro 2006 block the access?

3- ramp video is a great idea but the link to get Realplayer wants my credit card. This is a huge no no for me. Can you post a link to a free version of Realplayer instead of Realplayer Plus?

Luv ya work,
cheers
Andrew

Thanks Andrew - appreciate you letting me know.

1 - Should be fixed now - I'd forgotten there was a link there - it was to the old site / Steve's old server which was updated this week.

2 - I've tried on a few PC and they all work although the trevally footage is a big file and slow.
As I mentioned Steve was transferring all his sites to a new server early in the week - you might have hit it just when the change over was going through.

3 - Yes Realplayer - sneeky as they are - changed their free URL to the pay version - I have fixed that - it should now link to the free version.

Cheers for now.

Dave ><>

Nugget
20-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Hi Pinhead
The blue Stabi is in Leisure Marine's workshop having the E-Tech fitted this week. Lots of other gadgets to go in it yet so it is still a few weeks away from getting wet. I have promised to admit what the first fish to hit the deck is - even if it is a grinner or Logan River whiskered perch!
Can't wait.

No problem Bruce - Glad it's working now.

Dave ><>

gogecko
21-06-2006, 12:55 PM
My firewall was stopping me access the seaway movies. Ive updated to Trend micro Internet security 2006, and seems to be blocking a few sites, and then allowing others for no particular reason. I had to turn off the firewall to see the movies, and then turn it back on.

Apparently my security program doesnt like phishing sites!

cheers
Andrew