PDA

View Full Version : M&G Jacobs Well just gone

bonka
26-06-2006, 08:55 AM
I'm writing this to express my sincere thanks to the meet and greet organiser, "Touchy" for the great weekend just had. I learnt a heap of stuff about fishing around Jumpin Pin on the G.C. Knowledge that would take years under self tuition. Thanks also to "Big D" , John and others for sharing their knowledge and time with me. It was an exciting and gratifying weekend and depite some showers on Saturday, well worth the effort. I highly recommend these meet and greet weekends to any other new fisherfolks or just anyone willing to have a good time with a great bunch of like minded blokes. I will be looking out for the next one.

At the risk of boring some readers, here's bit of what I learnt.
1st time catching Yabbies
1st hand knowledge of the many tricky unmarked sand bars to navigate around this area.
Learning how to fish really close in to the banks and fish the small chanels there.
Learning that you can catch muddies on a line
Learning that chicken fillets are a great bait for Flat Heads and Bream...and cheaper per kg than Pillies.
After moving a ton of sand searching for Yabbies and only catching a dozen or so I was lucky enough to get some help from an expert who collected 4-6 a time. I was pumping the wrong spots totally...oh well, so much to learn.
Learning that "Touchy's" secret bait really smells terribly. :-/

Thank you all again and thanks to Ausfish for this great site.

Oh yes, we did catch some fish. Tailer, Bream,Flatties,Whiting. Won't say who got the biggest?

Cheers

Brent

Lucky_Phill
26-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Good to see had a " learned ' time down there, Brent.

You know, this IS a great place to meet people and share their knowledge and experiences. I cannot emphasize enough the mateship I have gained from the people who frequent this site.

Touchy and Pete are great blokes who will go out of their way to assist anyone or pass on any knowledge they have gained over time.

Brent is spot on, people, if you even have a small chance of getting to an Ausfish M & G, get there !!!! These are not for the experienced fisho, the died in the wool variety or even the novice. These are for YOU.

You will understand, after attending an M & G, why I call this site and it's members, The Ausfish Family, in some of my posts.

When it comes to an M & G, everyone has a story, an experience or some knowledge that will be useful to someone else.

When it comes to having an Meet & Greet, and you are not sure what to do, just get it going. Even if you live somewhere remote, Lead and they will follow, I say.

Being up here away from you SEQ Ferets is not all that's cracked up to be. I don't miss the Brisbane traffic, rush, pollution etc, but I sure as hell miss the M & G's down that way.

Now don't any of you regulars start telling stories about previous M & G's, as we don't want to scare the newbies off. ;D :-X

All being well, I'll have a crack at attending the River to Mud at the end of July.

Well done Touchy. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Cheers Phill

PinHead
26-06-2006, 07:00 PM
ditto to that Phil...Touchy and Pete are fantastic company...second year I have shared a cabin with them..and will gladly do it anytime...some great laughs..good yarns..a few drinks...fishing and of course..the nectar of the gods..green ginger.
Great to see Brent enjoyed himself..top bloke who is willing to find out as much as he can...he had his family with him which is good to see also.
Thouroughly recommend the M&G to anyone interested...just should be more of them...just wish I could get the time off for the Agnes one..but alas..the joys of being self employed..bloody hard to get the time off.