PDA

View Full Version : Tow n Go hire boats ... are they still around?

ShnogDog
26-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know if there are any tow and go type hire boats available? # There was a company operating in Brisbane that offered a pretty good range of boats, but I dont think they are around anymore. #Specifically, I'm looking for something bigger than the usual 12ft/6hp hire boats. #I'm heading to Awoonga in Oct with my Dad & Brother. #We have licenses etc. # We've booked a couple of hire boats up there, but hoping to find something bigger, that will cover a bit more distance etc.

Have been told that the owner of the houseboat up there may hire out a boat around14 ft etc, but I've since been told the owner has changed, so back to the drawing board.

Would appreciate any help, tips, suggestions etc.

Cheers

Mark :)

foggy
26-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Hey Mark. Try this place. They should have what your looking for

www.brisbaneboathire.com.au/

charleville
27-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Gee - that is a pretty attractive option - especially on their prestige boat @$350 per day. #

I am sure that my mates with bigger boats don't use them more than a dozen times each year. #

'Twould be different if you are retired and going out every week but a bigger trailer boat needs a deckie and I suspect that plenty of people with the bigger boats don't get them out enough to cover the depreciation and lost opportunity cost of the capital let alone all of the holding and maintenance costs.

boatboy50
27-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey Dog,

Try www.hireboats.com.au

They have a range of boats, including a 4.55 Polycraft, 5.99 Polycraft, party pontoons and a 19ft Crownline American Bowrider.

They all come on trailers and are priced reasonably. I know they've been towed and hired long distances before.

Regards

Darren

ShnogDog
27-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the link Foggy, is exactly what I was hoping to find !!! :D

Cheers

Mark

ShnogDog
27-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Have since found out that there is a new owner for the boat hire taking over, and that they have a 435 Barra Elite avail for hire, or will do... at $150/day its not cheap, but still a better peice of kit than the 12ft/6hp boats.

Mark

ShnogDog
27-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks also Darren, the 4.55 polycraft looks like a top boat to take up there, but as I'm coming from Toowoomba, I dont really want to be picking up a boat from the Gold Coast and having to return it there also. There boats certainly look the goods though and thanks for the suggestion.

Mark

StevenM
27-06-2006, 07:05 PM
I think they operate out of Westside Boating at Goodna these days