PDA

View Full Version : Yellow bank

B00NY
29-06-2006, 01:00 PM
i was wondering if anyone knows where yellow bank is as a m8 is heading out off morton on sat and he wants to keep clear of it as there has been reports of some freak waves and there was a boat swamped unsure when any info would be gr8

cheers
David

marlinqld
29-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Does he mean Yellow Patch?

B00NY
29-06-2006, 02:52 PM
i ment Yellow Patch Marlin_Mike was hard to hear him on the phone when 3 smalls are running around ya on the phone at the time lol

cheers
David

Blackened
29-06-2006, 03:02 PM
G'day
Yellowpatch is on the northern edge of moreton. There is a channel runing east through combie corner. Yellow patch itself should be marked in beacon 2 beacon or on a chart.
Dave

fishn-ads
29-06-2006, 05:37 PM
That part of the water way is pretty well protected by the island unless theres a northly blowing. Once you get to Comboyura point at different stages of the tide you will go through abit of what I call the washing machine but it soon flattens out. Run up towards the cape maybe 200-400m off the beach about half way the island heads back in towards the lighthouse on north point. That point is the end of tailor bite and the start of Yellow patch. At that point head NE motor out to the cape at that heading and you'll be well wide of the cape and any dangers around it (about a mile or so to your left is flinders). once your a k or so past the cape you can head Nth, Sth, East with no worries there are a few good wreaks and shoals in close to the cape or a troll past the headland is worth a go. Or head east to Tempest.

Let us know how he goes

Ads

B00NY
29-06-2006, 05:51 PM
thanks marlin_mike,Dave & ads muchly appreciated

David