PDA

View Full Version : Herm's Husband Just Joined

Great_White
28-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi Guy's & Girls,

Just joined up tonight. :) Have been reading a lot of posts under Janine's name (Herm) even commented on a few. Time has come to post under my sign on as Janine is worried I may say the wrong thing under hers.

I think this site is an asset to all of those that fish / boat and I personally find heaps of hints & help that has increased our knowledge immensely. #I feel like I already know a lot of the members and hope chat to as many of you as possible.

It's great to have a wife who loves to fish, don't need to twist any arms or score points to go out.

Will try to be targeting some bay snapper over the next few weeks. #May have to hang the "L" plate off the back of the boat as I have never had the pleasure of meeting a bay snapper yet ;D

We have finally named the new boat "On Strike!" #so if you see us around, please come over for a chat! #Any suggestions or tips on fishing in the Bay would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone after a deckie for a night bay fish - I am keen to learn! #Please PM me!

Thanks
Peter ;)

Fishin_Dan
28-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Gday Peter.

Saw you "from across the crowded room" at Webby's talk a few weeks ago, but didn't get to say hi.

Welcome to Ausfish mate. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself.

You will need to have 2 computers (his & hers) to stop you posting under each others names though... ;D

Cheers,
Dan

theoldlegend
29-06-2006, 07:32 AM
Welcome to the site Peter.

Guess there shouldn't be too many dramas about buying gear then, should there? :-?

TOL

mcsalty
29-06-2006, 07:40 AM
G'day Peter welcome aboard mate. Hope you get to use "P" plates on the trip back in. ;D ;D If that happens I'd be a prospective customer for your "L" plates. Good luck.

cheers, Bruce McD.

Argle
29-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Welcome aboard Peter, like Dan I didnt get to catch up at Webbys talk - too much gasbagging out on the deck methinks..Robo02,cruiser93 Webby & Dan wouldve been there all night if Jeremy didnt kick us out ;D ;D ;D Will keep an eye out for you guys and will definately come over to say g'day. Good luck with that bay snapper mate, more time on the water is the key and thats something Im working on 8-)

Cheers and Beers
Scott

Herm
29-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Welcome Pete - about time you joined up under your own name! ;)

:)Dear

StevenM
29-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Pete,

good to see that you are not letting the better half talk on your behalf

so do you have two computers and two internets or do you have to take it in turns

Cheers

Steven

theoldlegend
29-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Actually Peter, it might have been better for you to remain anonymous and post whatever you like using "Herm's" name.

You get to stir the pot and Janine has to do all the explaining. ;)

TOL

shayned
29-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Does this mean the insightful comments we occasionally enjoy reading from herm will stop????????????? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Is it time to duck yet??

charleville
29-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Welcome aboard, Great White.

I have always assumed that Herm was short for Her Majesty. Is that the way that you see it? ;D ;D

You are certainly very lucky to have a fishing wife who seems as enthusiastic as Janine. :)

Bundy_Burp
29-06-2006, 04:26 PM
G'day Great White welcome aboard :)

onerabbit
29-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the site Peter,
Lots of good stuff & plenty of laughs, & a bit of bullsh1t, but it's all good fun.

Muzz

charleville
29-06-2006, 04:44 PM
a bit of bullsh1t, but it's all good fun.

More than a bit at times. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Louis
29-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Welcome aboard Peter.

We look forward to reading your posts in the future.

Louis

marlinqld
29-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Another local redlands boy on board. Welcome from a fellow resident of gods own country.

Mike

longtail
29-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Welcome to the zoo Peter ;)

i wish you (and janine ) the best of luck with the bay snapper mission 8-)

cheers
Jason

choppa
29-06-2006, 07:14 PM
what is ausfish advertising ""2 for the price of 1"" or something lately

c'mon,,, all these newbies,,,,,there coming outta the woodwork,,,

i for one checked the welcome mat,,, and not a single carton for starting could be found

oh yeh its allright choppa i hear some say,,, but all this advice,,, all this friendship,,, all of the experiences,,,,,,,its gotta slow down a bit

one poor newbie posted himself as female in the rush of joining,,,,just imagine the damage he could have done if he was filleting a slab of fish!!!!!!!

anyway,,, thats my 20cents spent,,,

oh yeh,,, welcome mr herm,,,,you'll get use to it/us/them

Lucky_Phill
29-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Peter, We extend the same welcome to you, we offered Janine.

Please feel free to post replies, opinions and even.....facts ::) on the boards............

OK, for what it's worth, and I haven't hit the bay for Snapper for a while now.

Fresh bait...........Cuttlefish, Diver whiting

Float ya baits

Stay away from the crowds

utilize a change of tide

find a small show of fish on the sounder to anchor on

Let them run a tad before striking

area...........this is for Peter only, none of you regular ferets are allowed to copy this....153.16.164 27.20.392 ( head east of here until to see a show of fish, or the bottom looks ''''fishey''''. :-X :-X :-X )

Cheers.
Chief Feret Wrangler,

or just plain.........Lucky _Phill

Great_White
29-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks for all of the welcoming comments guys ;D

Dan & Steven - currently on the one computer but getting a second and via modern technology (wireless router we should both be on line together) but only if Janine stops spending the computer money on fishing gear! ;)

Bruce - you can have the "L" plate as soon as we have #got a few snappa ::)

Scott & Dan - it was a great night that Jeremy organised with Webby, We learn't heaps :D

TOL - confessions over the phone today about a new rod & reel combo for SP's in a tackle store with you yesterday for around an hour. At least money was well spent and didn't go on a new dress ;)

Shayned - all posts were 100 % from Janine with the exception of 2 which I signed my name at the end of the posts. 1 was about trailer parts 2 was about boat servicing costs. So I am sure there will still be very insightfull comments in Janines posts. (Besides she can type heaps faster than me LOL) :)

Charleville - #not quite the Queen but she does rule my world and is my very own Queen and soul mate!!! #Herm is her nickname from her maiden name.

Mike - good to be neighbours and hope to see you out and about. 8-)

Muzz - BB , louis and Jason thanks for the welcome ::)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, This one is for you Choppa. I really like to read your posts and Snappa's , yet no welcome from you guys so far. #;)

Thanks to all again #Peter :)

choppa
29-06-2006, 07:52 PM
whats wrong with the last line in my thread,,,,,,,???????????

hang on i'll just check

nah,,,,its there

apologies expected,,,,,,,

Great_White
29-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey Choppa!

Just too quick for me! ;) My typing is not so quick and I was getting Janine to proof read my post! Sorry!!!!!!

And thanks for the welcome and the marks - Lucky Phil!

Thanks for the welcome!

Peter :D

webby
29-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Welcome aboard folks, dont believe Phill Marks, they'll put you on top of the s/e cardinal at Mud;D.
The only probs with two of you on site, neither can Bullshit now ;D
regards

roz
29-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Welcome Pete,

You're going to love it, as well as meet heaps of nice people with the same interests.

Looking forward to meeting both of you.

roz