PDA

View Full Version : any fishing clubs on GC

gutzy
03-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Just wondering if there are any clubs on Gold Coast , mainly for inshore waters and also competitions and if not how about all the smaller boat owners get together for some friendly competitions every now and then?
Could end with a bbq or just some good family fun.

Murks
03-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Mate I would be involved, I like fishing inshore around the Broady and up to the Pin.
Been down that way a fair bit but still exploring so anytime ...well almost anytime ;) I'm ready and willing.
Cheers and Good Luck,
Murks

JT
04-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Hey Gutzy,

Have a look here http://www.flatheadclassic.com.au/ its the site for the Gold Coast Sports Fishing Club. Its made up of a mix of Offshore and Estuary fishos with some fly & fresh wtare thrown in. We meet every second Thursday of the month at our clubhouse in Ninde Street Southport which is located on the Northern side of the Southport pool. Generally the Sunday following the meeting is comp day followed by a BBQ at the club.

Come on down and have a look, have a coldie and see what its about. Be nice to see some new faces.

Cheers

John

MJR71
06-07-2006, 05:28 PM
I'd be happy to meet some of you fellas out on the broadwater for a bbq,fish,chat or whatever. Let me know if n when.

Mark

Scott_Thunder
06-07-2006, 07:28 PM
good idea Gutzy i'm in Shepparton victoria anyone feel the same pm me i'm keen. Hope it goes well Gutzy

flattymattyb
07-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Hi Gutzy & Others,

I am also a member of the club, membership officer actually, meeting is this coming Thursday night 13th july @ 7:30pm & inshore/offshore trip on sunday 16th with BBQ after at the clubhouse, details to be confirmed on Thursday night. Membership is $25.00/year & this Thursday is try out night for the caterers for the flathead classic so a free meal for all "financial members" in attendance.

If interested PM me or just rock up, hope to see you there.

Matty

PS: if you come along bring a photo of your best fish caught locally in the last month could win you $50. ;)