PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Brewing

iank
04-07-2006, 05:13 PM
What is this world coming to, she who obeys, oops ment to say, must be obeyed ;D ;D, has now joined this site under the name Fishing_Widow. She has been logging on at work under my name then ringing me to tell me to have a look at this or that. Now I have to be extra careful when talking about my latest purchases (no dear I bought that rod and reel at least 3 months ago). Well must go and hide the lures I bought today. ;) ;D
Cheers Ian

gogecko
04-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Is nothing sacred ian? Surely we can pass some sort of a rule against this? If all our wives join up, we'll have nowhere left to talk fishing.......

Saw a good quote on another site......
"my greatest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell all my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it"

cheers
Andrew

cuzzamundi
04-07-2006, 06:02 PM
that is absolutely hilarious!!! the will of a woman never ceases to amaze me! they are great creatures - you gotta laugh!

cuzza

robersl
04-07-2006, 06:38 PM
at least they are showing an intrest in your hobby or is it just to keep and eye on you mmmm ;)

warrior
04-07-2006, 08:11 PM
mate mine fishes with me quite often and loves it,gives me a good reason to go out and get more gear for the two of us, that i seem to mostly use.

TinarooTriumph
04-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Hope she doesnt hear about that $600 Loomis your brought ;D

PinHead
04-07-2006, 08:40 PM
nothing wrong with buying a $600 rod...then comes the reel and all the other attachmetns..just let her spend the same on whatever she wants and all is good.

Great_White
04-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi Ian, good to have a wife that takes an interest in fishing. My wife was an ausfish member months before me. :)

Over the last month she has spent over $1000 in gear 2 rods and 2 reels etc and is proud of the fact ;D

At least it didn't go on girly shoes and clothes. ;)

Take your wife out for a fish and get her hooked into the whole package. :D

Peter. 8-)

Fishin_Dan
04-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Ha ha ha! Welcome aboard Naomie!!! #;D

Someone's gotta keep him under control ;) Besides... I'm pretty sure he told me you outfish him... :-X

Herm
05-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Is nothing sacred ian? Surely we can pass some sort of a rule against this? If all our wives join up, we'll have nowhere left to talk fishing.......

Sacred!! ;) #I was a member before my husband decided to see what I was spending so much time looking at on the computer!

If all the talk is honest and not full of shite, there should be no problems! atleast she is showing come interest! (sometimes this is not such a good thing - I have to wait until Pete goes to bed now to get a look in here! ;) But honestly - is it really an issue??? :-/

Just do the "I've had it for ages!" and really there are ALOT worse things you could be spending your money on!

Now he has joined and I have to watch what I say and sadly I could not use the abovementioned excuse when I came clean about the new G Loomis and reel all spooled up ready to go, in the cupboard with all my shoes!!! :D

:)Janine

Feral
05-07-2006, 05:02 AM
ah well we will see if the size of your catches decreases markedly now the "moderator" is around! ;D

iank
05-07-2006, 07:32 AM
As Dan said, she kicks my butt on most of the occasions she comes out for a fish, and yes I am very proud of what she knows about both the general knowledge and practical sides of fishing. For a long time the only reel she could use was a baitcaster.
Cheers Ian
Barra caught on a bream outfit last Dec (6lb braid)

iank
05-07-2006, 07:34 AM
another ;)

Fishing_Widow
05-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi guys,

After nearly 10 years of having fishing rammed into you, you sort of take an interest. I guess it was a case of have to if I wanted to be able to hold a meaningful conversation with him. I don't fish very much but when I do I don't do to bad. ;D besides I thought it was about time that I got some use out of the gear that was bought for me (that he uses). ;D ;D

Also I am trying to display my own identity rather than being known as Ian's wife/missus all the time. ;) ;) ;D

So if you see us around make sure that you say hello.

Naomi

Fishin_Dan
05-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Not only is she a good fisho, but is one of the nicest/most generous people you will meet!

And she makes FANTASTIC rissoles ;)

Welcome Naomi! See you at the Tweed hopefully.

Fishing_Widow
05-07-2006, 12:47 PM
I'll be there Dan. I am working with Jacqui - no point in sitting around and twiddling my thumbs whilst he is fishing.

Gives a new meaning to working to support his fishing habit huh??? ;D ;D

GBC
05-07-2006, 12:53 PM
This is just the sort of tardy browsing I'm talking about!!!! You blokes should be ashamed to have let slip the name of the site we all love but dare not speak its name.
;)
Welcome to the new ladies, and hello to the well established ones too. I can see a definite up side to having a wife nagging to go fishing, just don't know how to achieve it.

Anyway, I'm off to keep loading the ute for the forthcoming "family" Cape York trip tomorrow - it's amazing where you can hide crab pots and 8kg outfits in a vehicle.......did you know round crab pots fit in a spare wheel cover and nobody knows they are there?
Nor did I, but then again I wouldn't have to if my wife loved fishing too.
C.J.

finding_time
05-07-2006, 01:02 PM
This is just the sort of tardy browsing I'm talking about!!!! You blokes should be ashamed to have let slip the name of the site we all love but dare not speak its name.
;)
Welcome to the new ladies, and hello to the well established ones too. I can see a definite up side to having a wife nagging to go fishing, just don't know how to achieve it.

Anyway, I'm off to keep loading the ute for the forthcoming "family" Cape York trip tomorrow - it's amazing where you can hide crab pots and 8kg outfits in a vehicle.......did you know round crab pots fit in a spare wheel cover and nobody knows they are there?
Nor did I, but then again I wouldn't have to if my wife loved fishing too.
C.J.

You crack me up GBC!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Do you really think you can outsmart that wife of yours!! She just lets most of your antics slide i a vane attemp to improve your self esteem ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If you need any advice on setting up a true #WOD (web of deception) you know where to get lessons.

Ian

Fishin_Dan
05-07-2006, 11:20 PM
did you know round crab pots fit in a spare wheel cover and nobody knows they are there?

;D ;D ;D I am picturing her face when you are on the side of the road up the cape with a flat tyre and she takes teh spare cover off and finds a big muddie looking up at her, but no spare ;D ;D ;D

Az
06-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Hope she doesnt hear about that $600 Loomis your brought #;D

;D ;D

Herm
06-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Hope she doesnt hear about that $600 Loomis your brought #;D

;D ;D

Hope "he" doesn't find out about the $300 one that I just bought! ;)

Canoedle
06-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Go Naomi, some awesome fish there, and that barra on 6lb line!!??? amazing stuff. :)

Fishing_Widow
06-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks Canoedle,

That was the biggest that I caught last year. Oh hang on it was also bigger than Ian's ::) ;) ;D

theoldlegend
07-07-2006, 05:12 PM
$300 Janine??

Are you sure? ::)

Just thought I'd ask.

TOL