PDA

View Full Version : Carwashes around Brisbane

whichway
04-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Hi

Can someone tell me how much it costs to go to the carwashes to wash the boat trailer etc.

And where are the carwashes located. The only one I know is on Wondall Rd at Manly west, and are they doing a roaring trade these days.

Whichway

Scalem
04-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Whichway,

They are not hard to find, and there is a good one on Logan road, Underwood. The difference I find between a good one and a bad one is:

Good ones have enough room in the wash bay to bring the car through in order to position the boat in the wash bay, without cutting the flow of traffic with your towing vehicle.

Good car washes allow a single $1.00 coin to start the high pressure rinse. For me, that is all I need to do the springs and trailer, and a quick rinse off the boat. Another $3.00 should be enough to use the soap brush. Allow enough time to rinse because it takes quite a bit to wash away all the suds. The rest I can do at home, inc flushing the motor

Scalem

S_Bend
04-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Good post Whichway. With water restrictions, these are pretty much now a necessary evil. Pretty cheap to use - for a few bucks, boat and trailer are clean and in a quicker time usually. Can't really help you with Southside carwashes - I'm Northside and WAS using one at Albany Creek - next to the servo. I will admit the guys there were polite about it but I have the impression that they are not keen about boats being taken in there on a weekend - blocks traffic due to their limited access. Now have to look for another one. Will look at Brendale - anyone else having this trouble or got any good solutions?

Fishin_Dan
05-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Theres a Carlovers at Virginia on Sandgate Rd just near that Mart store.

Ph 07 3865 4976

Has 4 self washing bays.

The_Walrus
05-07-2006, 11:58 PM
There's a car lovers at Brendale.

Plenty of space.

Luc

land_based
06-07-2006, 12:13 AM
car lovers at stafford, stafford road

Mr__Bean
06-07-2006, 02:17 AM
The Carlovers at Brendale is in Kremzow Rd.

I used it last Saturday night and it cost $9 to give the boat and trailer a damn good clean, that included blasting the carpet and the insides of the boat.

I used to only rinse the boat and give it a good wash every 3 months or so, that was fine if the carpet got a good rinse but for $9 the boat now looks washed rather than rinsed and I will do it more often I reckon.

Access is an issue with any trailer in these places, I reckon best solution is to keep away during the day on weekends and slip down there later at night if you can. Even on a Saturday night it was only me and 3 other cars that were there in total, oh and a chatty security guard that kept wanting to talk while my money was ticking away....

A salt rinse of should only cost about $3 or $4.

- Darren

Mogwai
06-07-2006, 07:25 AM
I use the one on Wondall Rd at Manly west. i have from the day i got my boat i spend around $2 to $4 on the boat and around $5 to do to the car and i do it every time i go out fishing. i was there last sunday and it was very busy but i did not mind the boat needed a hose down

Dignity
06-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Scalem, would you mind sending me a PM on the one you use at Underwood. Would use it when doing the pin area. Probably still a little way from home when doing the reefs up sunshine coast. Is there anywhere around calamvale/sunnybank/browns plains that any one has found as having good access for a 20 ft boat and trailer?

sam

Scalem
07-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Scalem, would you mind sending me a PM on the one you use at Underwood. #Would use it when doing the pin area. #Probably still a little way from home when doing the reefs up sunshine coast. #Is there anywhere around calamvale/sunnybank/browns plains that any one has found as having good access for a 20 ft boat and trailer?

sam

Hi Sam,

I will PM the details for U, but for everyone elses' benefit, in ans to your question, I would think that this one or the one at Beaudesert road, Acacia Ridge ( just short of the railroad crossing) would be nice and handy. For Sunshine coast, Underwood would be very easy, take the Eight Mile Plains Exit, from the Pin, swing past Marsden on the way home to Sunnybank via Illaweena/Gowan road might be easy. Either of these two seem to have a little more room to swing a boat through. Yours will be much harder than my 15 footer!! :o

Scalem