PDA

View Full Version : Hello all Ausfishers

heathrow69
29-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Hi there i am new here and just reading all your posts is helping me to become a better fisherman i learn heaps!!!! :) Hope to have some fishing stoties to tell you all.

Heading down to the gold coast to fish at the seaway by boat any hints and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Heath 8-) [smiley=cool.gif]

john_steward
29-06-2006, 06:27 PM
heath,
look foward to hearing some reports

Scalem
29-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Welcome Heath,

You've come to the right forum for advice, and there's lots of people who know the seaway, but give us a little more of a clue as to what species you want to get and what day you are going?? ::)

For instance, there's a hole at the end of the north wall people have caught school jew and Tailor, but on a Saturday there will be lots trying.

There will also be a few drifting the seaway for large flathead on live bait and soft plastics. Bream respond to deep jigging on plastics, but you need an electric motor to slow the drift down. 3" pumkinseed berkley minnows or grubs seem the go.

Pumping a few yabbies opposite seaworld and behind wavebreak is a good option if you fish them along any of the rock walls for bream... The list is endless if you let us know a little more about what species you want to target.

Scalem

heathrow69
29-06-2006, 09:26 PM
thanks for your advice :) i hope to be targeting big bream and flathead so sounds like drifting will be the way to go. Hopefully head out early enough and beat the crowd. Never tried sp and keen to give it a go. will let you know and hopefully have a few pics for you all!!! :-?

spinna
29-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Welcome to to the mad house heathrow69 ::). Looking forward to some pics good luck.

#Cheers spinna ;) :)

mcsalty
30-06-2006, 04:54 AM
G'day mate, welcome aboard.

Good luck at the seaway.

cheers, Bruce.

hot_spottie
30-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Hello there heath all i say is enjoy the site and learn alot cause i do.
maximus 8-)

Slient
30-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Welcome aboard & enjoy the website

happy fishing
Silent

Murks
03-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Gday Heathrow, I too am new to Ausfish not even 24hours and I got to tell ya, I'm addicted to this site and the great forums.
Look forward to reading your stories as well as all the other guys and gals,
Murks

thesimmos
03-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Is that a fake photo of yourself like mine Murks? Just Joking...

Welcome guys... Thanks for the tips Scalem

Simmo

Murks
03-07-2006, 10:32 PM
yes it is mate I am much better looking

Craigus
03-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Welcome mate, I am sure you will enjoy the site and learn heaps from the great Ausfish community.

Craig

SCOTTYGC
04-07-2006, 03:14 PM
welcome aboard

try getting some fresh yabbies from the sand banks south of wavebreak island, then do a drift out from the easten side of wave break for some bream , I have also caught some nice squire along there

get yourself some of the bigger size plastics and drift on the easten side of the pipeline for some bigger flathead and jewfish

if its to busy in the seaway and belive me it gets busy

head north around crab and soverign island allways plenty of flathead and bream around try the gulps for the bream and my favorite for the lizards is a squidgy fish in gold 100mm

good luck
scotty

Great_White
04-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi Heath and welcome to ausfish ;)

I am new as well, it's a great site and all members are able to share their knowledge contributions.

Look forward to seeing posts on your catches #:)

Peter.

Bundy_Burp
04-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Welcome Aboard Heath this would have to be the best fishing site in Australia if not the world always plenty of answers to your questions .
So dont be afraid to ask .

shabss
05-07-2006, 10:38 AM
heathrow
see your pm

Louis
08-07-2006, 05:18 AM
Welcome aboard Heath.

Louis

griz066
08-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Welcome heath