PDA

View Full Version : MROCP/MROVCP Course 15th July VMR Vicky Point

subzero
23-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency.(M.R.O.C.P)
Marine Radio Operators VHF only Certificate of Proficiency.(M.R.O.V.C.P)
This course will cover both certificates and is completed in the one day
The cost for both classes of Certificate is the same. ($48.20)
To be held on Saturday 15th July, starting at 8.30am
Address: VMR Victoria Point, Council Reserve, Victoria Point
Course Costs and Requirements:
$48.20 (GST inc) OMC Test for Certification
$26.50 (GST inc) Marine Radio Operators Hand Book (Optional)
There is also a course fee of $10-00 for non-members
(This fee is waived for Waterside Assist and Active members)

A passport sized photo must be produced for inclusion with your test papers

ADDITIONAL COURSE INFORMATION:
There is a small cost of $10.00 to recover our costs, and also a fee of $48-20 for the issuing of the test papers from the Office of Maritime Communications and the subsequent marking of those test papers by them. Upon passing they will issue your lifetime Certificate. (Licence) If you choose to purchase the Marine Radio Operators Handbook their will be an additional charge of $26-50. (It is recommended that you do purchase this book to meet your legal obligations if your vessel is equipped with Marine Radio's other than 27 meg)
Attendees will need to produce a passport sized photo to be included on their MROCP/MROVCP Certificate and also be able to produce photographic proof of identity, usually in the form of a Drivers Licence or Passport upon the completion of the test papers
There are 2 classes of Certificate, one being the MROVCP, (restricted to VHF only) and the other being the MROCP. (Unrestricted and includes MF/HF)
If the Certificate is for your personal use only, the MROVCP is the one easier to pass with less questions to answer
If you are aiming to work on a Commercial Vessel, join a Rescue Group, or own a MF/HF set then you will require the MROCP
You must make a decision as to which test you wish to sit so the appropriate test papers can be ordered in

To book contact Lloyd by emailing

lloyd@vmr.org.au
Mobile 0403539485 or Home most evenings 32063600

See aditional details in the attached pdf file

Cheers Lloyd

subzero
24-06-2006, 05:36 PM
bump

subzero
25-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Not many takers so far

Fat Chilli
26-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Hi Subzero - what does the course involve, what is covered in the syllabus? I've had a bit of radio experience (12 yrs Army) but no Marine radio experience, so I want to do this course, haven't purchased one yet, it is next on my list. Are there any courses in the near future closer to the GC?

Cheers.

FC

subzero
26-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Gidday FC, if you are down the GC, ring VMR or Coastguard Southport for available courses.
Our course would be pretty much the same as everyone elses, it covers the whole thing pretty much.
Routine, Mayday, Pan Pan, Securitee calls, channels to use, appropriate use, DSC, maintanance, batterys, epirbs, search and rescue, reporting... the list go's on and on. Their is a lot of info jammed in a very short space but with a few examples on the tougher parts it tends to alll fall in to place by the end of the day.

Good luck with the license.
Cheers Lloyd

P.S
Its not mandatory to do a course, if you choose you can study the Marine Radio Operators handbook and just arrange to sit the test.

Fat Chilli
26-06-2006, 09:48 PM
subzero - Yeah, realise it's not mandatory, but would rather do it than not do it, for the sake of a couple of bucks. Thanks for the info. Will look into something more local, if there's nothing for a while I willget back to you about the Vicky Point VMR course.

Cheers

FC

Fat Chilli
26-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Woops double post

subzero
27-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Thanks FC

subzero
02-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Any more takers?
This course is filling very slowly this time but I need to order in the test papers from the O.M.C so time is running out if you are considering it but havent yet decided.
Dont leave it untill the last minute.
Cheers Lloyd

subzero
06-07-2006, 10:36 PM
The course is NEXT weekend. (Saturday 15th July)

I need to put the order in to the O.M.C this weekend to get test papers on time.
If anyone wants to do the course and test contact me urgently as I still have 6 spots available.

I wont be running another one for a couple of months after this one as their isnt much demand at the moment

Cheers Lloyd

subzero
08-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Will be ordering papers in on Sunday at noon. 3 spots left.... last post for this course, last chance up untill lunchtime today to be in.
Cheers Lloyd