PDA

View Full Version : Inconsiderate Fishermen

rando
03-07-2006, 07:30 PM
I wanted to clean my catch at the public cleaning facility at Whyte Island on Saturday night and some grub had left it both of the Tables covered (deep) in scales and dried offal stuck all over the place.
It took at least ten minutes to clean it before i could start on my catch >:( >:( >:(
there really are some inconsiderate bastards about.
It only took two minutes to clean when i finished and it was all still fresh and easy to wash off.
rando

flatstrap
03-07-2006, 07:48 PM
To some people, public facility means 'treat it like sh*t"! Unfortunately, but that's human nature. We can just keep pounding away and hopefully one day change some ingrained attitudes...flatstrap

StevenM
03-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Wasnt me Rando as I cleaned up after myself but must say that they were both just ok, a few scales but no fish gut etc.

Cheers

Steven

rando
03-07-2006, 08:09 PM
I was a professional chef for 20 years. Leaving a mess on a work bench would get you a boot up the arse from the executive chef, or worse if it was someone elses work station. So I really gets my goat.

Steve
Did not even cross my mind ,
just had to vent my spleen somewhere ;)

stuftifino
04-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah.. some people really dont give a &*%* about the next bloke, i was always taught to try to leave a place a bit better than you found it. Arent launching ramps amazing places!, someone will write a book about them one day. sorry to get of the subject, but cleaning tables are a good place to stand to have my winge, i go to a few ramps an am disgusted by the people who cruise up and flick thier smoke overboard, and i think to myself they have been doing this all day and they think this is ok, THIS IS NOT OK, put it in a coke can or somthing then in a bin. Every butt is a potential poison bullet.

Fishin_Dan
05-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Hey Rob - Do you remember that little jetty we went to for bream in the river?

No-one can fish from it anymore... It kept getting littered & blood/scales all over it, so they locked it out to fishing. We used to spend 5 minutes cleaning it whenever we fished it (Nemo84 & myself), but other people don't care...

It's a sad sad world we live in when people no longer have respect for anything that is not there's...

MJR71
06-07-2006, 05:14 PM
It's a shame people don't have the same respect for property as we do. I quite often come across filthy cleaning facilities in my travels, never come across the mongrels leaving the mess there though.

Dignity
06-07-2006, 08:20 PM
know the feeling - have yet to come across a cleaning table that I have to use that is clear of scales etc with 1 exception. The only tables I have seen but not used that are left clean are at Cudgen Creek Kingscliffe. The anglers there seem to appreciate the facilities (sorry you fellas lost last night). The tables there have those nylon (whatever you call them) cutting boards screwed into the stainless steel tables which saves the knives heaps and pipes running from the tables to the water for the offal. Wish we had that set up here in the smart state.

sam

BrandonH
07-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Clontarf is quite good most days. a few scales here and there but i have never seen the guts left on the table. The pipe draining the waist isn't big enought for all the guts but the water isn't that far away ;) Deep water bend is often encrusted with scales but i have only ever seen it "bad" once.

Cheers
Brandon...

griz066
08-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah but I bet if that pr!ck lobbed at the cleaning table and found it in the same state he would go off like a 2 dollar h00ker ;D

Deiter
08-07-2006, 11:16 PM
guys, unfortunately this sort of thing is happening everywhere. the other day at work, i cleaned my plate after smoko and returned it to the clean pile, when some young bloke blurts out, " jeez, you're domesticated."

if you cant laugh, you will cry.

deiter

fishlady
10-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Should be tied to the table for 2 days as punishment!
At least then they'd understand the effect of their slovenly ways both on humans and the wildlife. You got crocs down there???

barfly
10-07-2006, 05:34 PM
at least you get the chance to use your supplied table i work for a local council ,after 2 days the whole lot went walkies cheers barfly

JACKO_226
10-07-2006, 06:10 PM
I recken if you use a puplic facility like the cleaning tables you should at least be able to spend 5 minutes cleaning up your mess.

Cheers 8-)