PDA

View Full Version : zulumike

zulumike
09-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Hi fellow fisherman Im a new member only kicked in tonight
However I need some help,My mate and my self are comming up to Port Stevens around the middle of next month as he has warranty work to be done on his boat. However while there we hope to put it in the water and hopefully catch a fish or two (now here is the catch) seeing as we are from Tasmania we have not got the foggiest where to go to give us a chance to tangle with one of the following Tuna,Kingies or Snapper.
We hope to get about four days fishing in but would appreciate it if some one could give me some idea where to go boat is seven meters so we would not be restricted to the shore line.Have been trying to read some reports but it dont meen a thing if you dont know the area
Tight lines
Zulumike
tglov28@iprimus.com.au

blaze
09-07-2006, 05:17 AM
Hi Mike
welcome to ausfish
you may get some 3 headed banter thrown your way
what part of tassie are you from, big call havnt to go outside the state for warranty work
dont have to leave tassie to catch those species, why not chase something a bit more unuassal
cheers
blaze

zulumike
09-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Hi Blaze
Yes used to the comments on the (TWO HEADS),but all the better when polaroiding fish,comments don't usually worry me but when Im in a badmood it some times can.
Im from the East Coast of Tasmania place called ST Helens,right on the coast line.
Have to come up Port Stephens way as the boat is a Stebber and was purpose built for my mate nothing serious to be done and will only take a couple of days so we figured while up that way do what we kike best and thats go fishing
As our season down here runs from about January to April, thats Tuna and the odd Marlin from late jan to march and of course we only seem to get the small kings here and snapper are here but hard to find, plenty of makos though
But the last season for tuna and marlin was prety scratchy due to late arrivals and warm currants being wayout wide so you can see why we want to make the most of our trip up north

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #Tight Lines
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # zulumike

finding_time
09-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi Mike
welcome to ausfish
you may get some 3 headed banter thrown your way
what part of tassie are you from, big call havnt to go outside the state for warranty work
dont have to leave tassie to catch those species, why not chase something a bit more unuassal
cheers
blaze

Giday Blaze

Have you seen Bugman down your way yet? Apparently he's growing his second head at the moment! I hope it's better than the first. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ian

I going to cop it now

wayne_cook
09-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Hi Zulu call into duffy,s tackle shop he will help out with up to date news.

Broughton Is is always worth a shot for reds and kings.
Lately the bigger kings have been out wide? so I'm told
The islands produce just out from the heads for reds .The young bloke speared some snapper there this mourning.
Tuna is a day by day thing.
Cheers and welcome to the site

blaze
09-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi Mike
I am up the farnorwest (smithton) normaly try to get down your way a couple of times a year, not this year though. Some nice snapper up this way.
cheers
blaze

zulumike
10-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Blaze
Had an idea that you may have been in Tassy we may have to come to some arrangement and meet at some time what are the size of the Snapper up that way as yet I have not had a go at them.
You mentioned that you come this way on occasion I assume after the Tuna
Tight Lines
Zulumike

blaze
10-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi Mike
lost my one and only marlin hook up down there 3 seasons ago, not very far out either.
cheers
blaze

zulumike
10-07-2006, 08:12 PM
brrbear
Thank you for the info ref (Duffy,s Tackle Shop) shall most certainly get in the mans ear when we get up there you mentioned the bigger Kings are out wide how far and or is there a structure out wide that they hang around as you can imagine seeing as we are going over there we figure to catch the biggest and best there is of what ever species just had a blow in the guts and been informed that what ever we catch over there we can not enter it through our local Game Fishing Club BUGGGGER
P.S. any idea how far out you have to go to reach the continental shelf?
Tight lines
Zulumike

zulumike
10-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Blaze
Ref Marlin Lost over here
Did you fish out of your own boat or charter ? if own vessel what name?

blaze
10-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Lost the marlin off rockies boat, mines "macartha anne", dont fish comps and shes only been down a couple of times. Trips comprise of charter boats, mine boat or any where I can get a crew spot. Would have love to have done a couple of trips down south this year but the oputiniies didnt come my way. You want to get up to one of the M & G at 1770, annually event in october, I am going back again this year. Great bunch of ausfisher getting together to fish, drink and dine.
cheers
blaze

blaze
10-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Snapper how big, rumour has it there was a 16kg caught somewhere off woolnorth this season, I didnt see the fish but it has been sight by others.

zulumike
10-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Blaze
I know Rockie realy well and about the time you lost the big Garfish my mate would have possibly been the Deck Hand on the boat, have a couple of mates both here and Burnie who went down south this year after the Blues and caught fish ranging from 77 kg to 104 kg cleaned but the big problem was the seals they told me they lost more to them than they tagged hope to get a taste of one of them at least
(Lost me with the M&G 1770 SORRY)
16 Kg not a bad size was looking at giving the Tamar a trip for Snapper if I get the Time latter this year as I said earlier we may have to wet a line some where together and see what happens if your down this way, my boat name is (Apache a 5.5 Savage Mako) with all the comforts of home
tightlines
Zulumike