PDA

View Full Version : What did you forget in the tackle box

mowerman
30-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Somewhere on this site is the quote.
"The 2 most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity"

Went to Moreton for a week last August.
Set up camp, time to rig the rods.
Shite..All my nice new gang hooks are sitting on the bench at home.
What are mates for..Yeah sure they said. Cost you 2 cans a set. Thanks mates.
I was very careful where I cast that week.

Have a nice day.

el_carpo
30-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Could have been worse. At least you still have the hooks when you get home. My brothers and I left our tackleboxes at a lake once when we were kids. On the way home, we noticed that we had forgotten to pack them. Dad sped back to the lake and we looked all over for them but nope, they were gone for good. Wow, did we get yelled at. Must have lost a few hundred dollars worth of gear.

That is definately not one of my favorite fishing stories to remember. I get a sick feeling every time I think of it. Like my stomach is getting tied in knots.

Brrrrhrrrrhrrrrr! Yuck!

Since that day, I've become obsessed with checking to see that everything is accounted for before I leave. I guarantee that I learned my lesson---and then some. :-[

I'll bet you never forget your hooks again. Also, as far as your friends charging you two cans of beer goes.......just wait until they forget something. Mwa-ha-ha-ha-haaaa! It will be payback time! 8-)

"You forgot your hooks did you? No problem, you can use mine----FOR A KEG!!!" ;D ;D ;D

Karma.

land_based
30-06-2006, 11:14 PM
knife, rid, pliers spring to mind.

TinarooTriumph
30-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Yeah... pliers for me aswell ;D . Thats happened heaps... another incident would be me packing everything to go on this big reef trip near Cairns... where i packed all my bait gear (hooks and everything...) but i was planning a big day out with a assortment of jigs. So told my mate 'yeah yeah i got everything buddy'. "Oh thats good mate, you gonna be throwing lures and jigs around mate'? "yeah thats my main aim mate'. Turned up the next day at the warf after a 2 hr drive from where i live at 3am in the morning. 'Hey Theo, umm where's your jig box mate?' . I dont think ive ever been that angry in my life!

Theo 8-)

major-defect
01-07-2006, 05:02 AM
I forget the knife or the pliers.Have even forgotten the sounder and have left the fuel at the servo twice.

kevy
01-07-2006, 11:35 AM
hi all, left early one morning, got to the ramp to find no key, accused everyone of theft, burglary, etc, to find on return home, left keys in drawer, red face & lost day. :-/

S_Bend
01-07-2006, 12:39 PM
The gaff. Out on the gravel beds at Noosa/Teewah. Got onto the spotties with a couple of spaniards thrown in. Thank God for the rigging gloves we forgot about on a previous trip. Never forgotten one since. Do forget the missus a fair bit though...

GAD
01-07-2006, 04:22 PM
pliers ,knife, even the tape measure now boat has own gear

manchild
01-07-2006, 04:39 PM
How about a whole tacklebox? :P

cheers ]
George

StevenM
01-07-2006, 07:03 PM
My biggest P%$# off was leaving the boat keys at home, It was a nice day to go towing but.

The thing I leave home the most is the sun screen, did it again today.

Cheers

Steven

spinna
01-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Bait all the bait :-[

charleville
01-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Went to a deep part of the bay on Friday (yesterday) and set up the downrigger only to find that I had left the release clip at home.

lippa
03-07-2006, 07:22 PM
tackleboxes? forget 'em, never ever forget the esky!!!!!

cheers

lippa

gunnabuild1
03-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Pliers mostly [yes more than once]no rod or tackle once many many years ago during an informal pharmaceuticals stage, oh well, nice day by the water.

thesimmos
03-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Boat key?

Craigus
03-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Left a rod and reel set at our fishing spot once, and after 20mins we noticed and went back to find it gone :'(. It was not to bad though as it was a $20 cheapie outfit.

Have also forgot the whole tackle box at home once. :-[

Craig

tunaman
03-07-2006, 11:13 PM
My lunch,sunsceen,knife,bung plugs,the right lures,and one time,I brought the wrong tackle box and went out, got to the spot and went to rig up and opened the tackle box up and it was full of sockets and screw
drivers!
I think they heard me scream in new zealand.

signed tunaman :D

Juzo
04-07-2006, 04:30 PM
went down to the ramp one day, getting ready to launch, realised I forgot the sounder/gps, went home got it, back down (15 mins each way),

went to launch, realised I'd left the boat key at home, back home, got it, back to the ramp,
get the key out of the car only find it had fallen off the key ring/float, and was still at home. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!.
chucked it in and went out the next day instead............

flea_350
04-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Went on a day trip to Bribie for a spot of surf fishing with a few mates, set up our rods, went to bait up, opened the esky and no bait. So everybody started blaming everybody else. We decided to throw in a plastic or two to no avail. Got back in the car to smell a whole bag of bait under the seat that had been in the sun all day.

gropeher
04-07-2006, 05:10 PM
My Dad came over on holidays last year,
I was so stoked to take him out on my brand new rig,

Got to spot x and I could not believe what a dick I was,
Tackle box, knife and pliers still at home.

We had 3 rods between 2, first drop, reefed, now down to 2 rods, one with an oversize snapper hook, we had to fish with these 2 for the rest of the day trying not to lose our rigs, what a shocker.

Scored a couple of fish.

bballfisho
09-07-2006, 06:56 PM
the weather was looking fantastic so we loaded up the boat and headed to noosa at 630pm. arivved at the grandparents place 830 and began to sort out all the gear for the following day. oh dear forgot the keys [smiley=angryfire.gif] [smiley=angryfire.gif]. dad drove back that night and spent the night in bris. and got up at 3am to meet us at noosa. and everyone was happy

lock
09-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Gees its good to see I am not the only person who has forgotten things. This is only one story of many , I was keen as one fri morning woke up 4 did not have to pack the boat cos I did it the night before :-/. I jumped in the car drove the HOUR and half to the spot my mate and I wanted to try went to grab the bungs, sounder ,Shit !!!!! :o

Deiter
10-07-2006, 04:34 AM
old mate and i used to be REAL keen when we first had access to a boat ( his old man's) and get up early for 3am starts to fish the bay in his 15ft compasscraft. It had an old 55 'rude on the back that was a bit tired and would only just get us on the plane. We used to just run from wello pt to green is and feed the pinkies (the baby ones) pillies and the reef a box of 50 hooks in session (we thought you were supposed to fish right on the snaggy stuff).

anyway, this particular day we made a descision to try somethin different and made the trek over to the harry atkinson.

long way at 10-12kn!!

When we get there we sound around for a good half hour, find a likely looking spot and anchor up. Then i realised i had left my tackle box at home. no worries, old mate always brings his. " mind if a borrow a hook and sinker, old mate?" says i.

"Yeah um, its just th...um, hang on,...it must be...nope, musta left it home."

"Poo, bum, wee!!!" says i.

travel backto wello, i stay w/ the boat, while he ducks up to the 24hr servo to grab a pack of hooks, sinkers, and swivels.

gets back to ramp, back in boat, out past leads, and i ask what hooks he got?

he searches his pockets, not there, must have left them on the roof of the car when leaving servo. "That would have been that funny noise i heard as i left" says he.

back to ramp, back to car, back to servo,searching w/ headlights, can't find 'em, so in he goes and buys some more.

we ended up fishing green is. again that day for not a scale.

such is life,

Damo

fishlady
10-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Clothes??? :-[ .....oh and the gaf,
Picture this! 6am Hubby's just left for work and Ive crawled back into bed. 7,6 and 5y'old sons on front deck, naked, fishing with Dad's rod and brand new lure. Mum being roused from daze with "Mum quick we're getting spooled". Mum jumps up (in knickers only) brings dinghy to take rod and 3 naked children to save Dad's lure and perhaps whats on the end of it! After 3/4 of an hour chasing the bloody thing round and round the bay I'm beginning to realise the rest of the harbour is waking and getting moving to go to work! Feeling rather stupid, but unwilling to give up on the fish, the boys finally got him alongside. A huge Tuna and thankfully near dead by that time .......no gaf. Providing entertainment by this time!
Sorted out getting him on board with the anchor rope where it proceeded to bleed smelly fish blood on every part of my lovely white boat, my once white children and myself! Matched my red face ::) :-[
Ha Nice sleep in!
Jane

Chimo
10-07-2006, 07:48 AM
Hi Jane

Great yarn

Any photos???? ;)

Chimo

Smailesy
10-07-2006, 05:45 PM
i went to inskip once and forgot my fishing rods

imnotoriginal
10-07-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm a pliers tragic as well, have forgotten them so many times, I think I'm onto my fifth set in 2 years.
Joel

fishlady
11-07-2006, 06:37 AM
Hey chimo,
Funny but there are photos...........................ALL taken by me!!! (I hope!!)
Just went looking but havent come up with the shots........of my bloody, naked children!!
Cheers Jane :)