14-06-2006, 10:20 PM
What else is there to be........

QUEENSLANDER

Black_Jack
14-06-2006, 10:26 PM
QUEENSLANDER

Sportfish_5
14-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Mal is building something special here. What a great young side - watch them mature over the next few years ;) ;)

It's great to be a QUEENSLANDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky_Phill
14-06-2006, 10:33 PM
yes

sempre
14-06-2006, 10:41 PM
OH ... YEH... HOW GOOD IS THIS ...

James_V17L
14-06-2006, 10:43 PM
AWESOME........... :o :o...

charleville
14-06-2006, 10:43 PM
It has been a few years since we have seen something like that!

:) :) :)

lippa
14-06-2006, 10:47 PM
sam thaiday for p.m. woo hoo queenslander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craigus
14-06-2006, 10:47 PM
It's been looming for a while now. Watch out NSW

QUEENSLAND ALL THE WAY

craigie
14-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Just left Lang Park, what a magnificent atmosphere to go with the outstanding winning performance !!!!

A victory to be cherished 8-), NSW were tackled into the ground !!

roz
14-06-2006, 11:03 PM
THE MIGHTY MAROONS

I shall be wearing my Queensland jersy with pride tomorrow.....specially to the gym, there are going to be a couple of guys hiding from me Woo Hooo..

Lone_Wolf
14-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Mal is building something special here. What a great young side - watch them mature over the next few years # #

It's great to be a QUEENSLANDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not have said it better myself! (note the bruise from head butt training. He has a pic of Gus Gould on his wall to aim at)

Lone_Wolf
14-06-2006, 11:21 PM
and he is training waiting for his call up for game 3!

land_based
15-06-2006, 12:19 AM
UP THE QUEENSLANDERS!!!!! was a terrific atmosphere at the local, i can only dream wat it wouldve been like at the game!

MyWifeGaveMeCrabs
15-06-2006, 12:49 AM
NSW

PinHead
15-06-2006, 03:16 AM
what was the score???

aussiefool
15-06-2006, 04:51 AM
As a proud blue's supporter, I've got to take my hat off to you mob north of the boarder, Qld diserved to will, fainally played with pashion well done
Aussiefool

skippa
15-06-2006, 05:56 AM
what was the score???

Queensland 30

nsw #6

lock
15-06-2006, 05:56 AM
Well there you go Tinaroo your home town lad showed them why he was selected. I never got to watch the game but my mates were texting me the score I raced around like a clown telling everyone no one give rats ar**e considering the Irish have not heard of it but I was still pumped.
Bring on game 3. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

charleville
15-06-2006, 06:24 AM
what was the score???

Queensland 30

nsw #6

Nah, what you really meant to say was...

Queensland 30

NSW 6

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

gawby
15-06-2006, 07:13 AM
How insulting is it to give game three to melbourne when its our game. They donot give a shite about the nrl as the replay last night down there didnot go to air until 11pm. What a joke.
Bring our game back here and bring back the BIFF
Graeme ;)

maztez
15-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Couldnt agree more with you Gawby ..bring it back to QLD and bring back the BIFF ;D ;D
cheers Terry

charleville
15-06-2006, 07:32 AM
How insulting is it to give game three to melbourne when its our game. They donot give a shite about the nrl

I have attended an origin game at the MCG. They are a polite interested audience but the fact remains that they are puzzled by the game so it loses atmosphere.

Also, the MCG is such a large field compared with Lang Park that the audience is such a long way away from the action and once again the atmosphere is lost, dispite that they will get 100,000 people there to see it.

I too think that it diminishes the spectacle by holding it in Melbourne.

gawby
15-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Ive been to the MCG to watch a cricket game and lost interest as you say charleville as the players were so far away. Took more interest in the stirrers in bay 13. ;D ;D ;D
Graeme

shayned
15-06-2006, 08:38 AM
What a game, what an atmosphere and best of all, when the last cheer died down, if you listened very carefully, you could hear in the distance......................................Gus Gould sobbing like a school girl! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bo_sawyer
15-06-2006, 08:48 AM
how many times did omeily get picked up and dumped!!!! GO QLD!!!!

shayned
15-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Almost forgot, no biff on the field but in the stands there was a cracker. Picture this, a NSW supporter in the stands carrying on like a pork chop and continually waving his flag in this womans face. She tells him to cease and desist. Flag waving bloke from south of the border ignores her and keeps going, only a woman right?
Wrong, Queenslander, she took the flag off him and gave him a right towelling with it. Damn shame she missed the rest of the game but she gets my vote for the Reg Reagan award last night. ;) ;)

Fishin_Dan
15-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Almost forgot, no biff on the field but in the stands there was a cracker. Picture this, a NSW supporter in the stands carrying on like a pork chop and continually waving his flag in this womans face. She tells him to cease and desist. Flag waving bloke from south of the border ignores her and keeps going, only a woman right?
Wrong, Queenslander, she took the flag off him and gave him a right towelling with it. Damn shame she missed the rest of the game but she gets my vote for the Reg Reagan award last night. ;) ;)

AH HA HA HA!!! ;D That's gold!!!

Shoulda given her "Man of the match" award! ROFLMAO ;D

Slient
15-06-2006, 09:46 AM
You Queenslanders & me too would be much appreciated

SCOTTYGC
15-06-2006, 10:11 AM
the game in melbourne is not at the MCG but at the Telstra Dome and would be close to a sell out

finding_time
15-06-2006, 10:13 AM
How insulting is it to give game three to melbourne when its our game. They donot give a shite about the nrl

I have attended an origin game at the MCG. #They are a polite interested audience but the fact remains that they are puzzled by the game so it loses atmosphere.

Also, the MCG is such a large field compared with Lang Park that the audience is such a long way away from the action and once again the atmosphere is lost, dispite that they will get 100,000 people there to see it.

I too think that it diminishes the spectacle by holding it in Melbourne.

I don't think the games at the MCG it think its at the Smaller covered ground ( Not sure what company its named after now)

maverick1
15-06-2006, 10:37 AM
What a turn around from game 1 the might Maroons spirit is back !! bring on game three !!!

dan88
15-06-2006, 10:54 AM
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!
Yesterday was my 18th and i partied hard at the game and partied hard til the early hours of this morning. What a night! Its NSW fault for calling them soft thats what you get.
We had NSW supporters leaving with 20 minutes to go. It was awesome!

And by the way haha this is a weird way of looking at it but by having it at Melbourne we have a better chance of winning because if it wasnt there it would be in Sydney. GO QUEENSLAND ;)

Argle
15-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Proud to be a Queenslander 8-) What a performance!! Its been a long time since I have seen a QLD defensive line move up on the attack like they were last night, got right up in there faces and hit em hard! Beats standing back and watching and waiting for them to do something with the ball. My old footy coach used to say "they cant score when theyre flat on their backs!!" My man of the match award goes to the entire QLD forward pack, a fantastic performance BRING ON GAME 3 and a series win to QLD.
QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNSSSSSLANDEEE EERRRRRRRR

Cheers and Bluddy XXXX's
Scott

Gummtree
15-06-2006, 11:18 AM
What a game, what a bunch of blokes. True Queenslander.

Hey, did anyone notice about 15 minutes into the second half, The Mouth"Gus" could see Qld were just simply going to pants the Cockroaches. Gus started going on over the commentary about how Graham Murray should get Danny Badearis ( not sure of spelling) out on the park. He dribbled on about a couple of players, Gazneir and a couple of others, being good players but not being real good thinkers. That the NSW side really needed someone out there desperately to show some direction and do a bit of thinking. What happened, 2 minutes later, Danny was running on. The same thing happened to a couple of Gus's other comments as well. Interesting. Me thinks that "Gus" is supplying his two cents worth to the NSW coach via the TV commentary. If so, it is a dirty tactic, below the spirit of the game, definately, ChannelNine should clean it up. Gus, if you want to have some dictate on the play, go back to coaching, if you want to commentate, do so, but don't insult viewers by veiling your ideas to the NSW coach via the TV set sitting beside Graham Murray as general commentary on the game.
But to be fair, Gus certainly praised the Qld boys for their effort, which they certainly deserved.
QUEENSLANDER

Jackinthebox
15-06-2006, 11:33 AM
I was not really looking forward to last night's game, but from the first tackle when the maroons came screaming up the field and started pounding those big fat blues players before they could get going, I thought "hold the phone, this is gonna be good!"

It's amazing to see the difference in our playing style under Big Mal's coaching, we are playing like the Qld of old! Running forward with a purpose while angling across field keeping them guessing, very quick passing, cut out passes, wraparounds, getting up quickly & tackling them before they can get any momentum and my favourite - plenty of SUPPORTING RUNNERS[/b] going with the guy who makes a break.

All basic stuff, but we seemed to have forgotten that in the last few years, until last night!

Imagine if we got to the fifth tackle more often and then put the bomb up right over the try line like NSW always do on their 5th?
(instead of those silly little grubber kicks)

That score could so easily have been 50 - nil !

Go you good things!

[b]QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

bo_sawyer
15-06-2006, 01:15 PM
itll be interesting to see what changes they make in regards to inglis. he deserves a jersey but who on earth would u take out??? its great to see that every player stood up, the only thing you could criticise is a couple of drop balls by dummy half and failing to kick on 5th tackle. they made very few errors compared to the blues. GO QLD!!!

yibbiy
15-06-2006, 01:21 PM
QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNSSSSSSLLANNNNNDDDD DDDDD!!!!!!!!

at least we only lost the first game by 1 pt. . . . . .not 34 pts. . . .yikes

Lone_Wolf
15-06-2006, 01:29 PM
What a game, what a bunch of blokes. True Queenslander.

Hey, did anyone notice about 15 minutes into the second half, The Mouth"Gus" could see Qld were just simply going to pants the Cockroaches. Gus started going on over the commentary about how Graham Murray should get Danny Badearis #( not sure of spelling) out on the park. He dribbled on about a couple of players, Gazneir and a couple of others, being good players but not being real good thinkers. That the NSW side really needed someone out there desperately to show some direction and do a bit of thinking. What happened, 2 minutes later, Danny was running on. The same thing happened to a couple of Gus's other comments as well. Interesting. Me thinks that "Gus" is supplying his two cents worth to the NSW coach via the TV commentary. If so, it is a dirty tactic, below the spirit of the game, definately, ChannelNine should clean it up. Gus, if you want to have some #dictate on the play, go back to coaching, if you want to commentate, do so, but don't insult # viewers by veiling your ideas to the NSW coach via the TV set sitting beside Graham Murray as general commentary on the game. #
But to be fair, Gus certainly praised the Qld boys for their effort, which they certainly deserved.
QUEENSLANDER

I agree with you there Gummtree however it went both ways. Do you recall Gus talking about the Caltex Vortex Tackle Tracker and how in game 1 Qld played a very confined game. He said they needed to play a more expansive game and that is exactly what happened. Thanks for the tip Gus now SHUDUPP!! ;D

p.s for a laugh, try saying Caltex Vortex Tackle Tracker after a few jd's!! #

tiges
15-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Goes to show you how important the forward battle is. Get on top of the other pack and suddenly your playmakers have time to create, and get good kicks in for field position. The confidence flow on effect seeps into every other part of the game, free flowing attack, up and at 'em defence etc. Both games have been excactly the same really, with one forward pack comprehensively dominating the other. The difference here lies in the halves. Anasta and Finch are very one dimensional, and possess very little other than a decent kicking game. They were made to look a lot better than they are in game 1 by the NSW forward performance. Lockyer and Thurston however showed their real ability when their pack done the job last night. Outstanding kicking/passing/running games. The sets of halves are the reason one team won by 1 point and the other won by 24.

So where do NSW go?.... as a blues supporter this is my main concern. Sure get rid of Finch/Anasta, but replace them with who? Kimmorley has had his chance and failed over and over, Gower isn't fit and is also lacking in imagination, Orford is untested at this level. 5/8 wise there is virtually no-one else, Scott Hill has gone alright before, but is prone to having absolute shockers. Johns and Barrett would be the answer, but both are adamant they won't play, and Barrett is suspended anyway.

Regardless, it's great that the series is going to a decider. Apart from the halves, I think both sides are evenly matched in the forwards and backs. There is 3 likely scenarios in the 3rd game, and QLD would win 2 out of the 3. NSW forwards dominate - NSW win; QLD forwards dominate - Qld win; Forward packs negate each other - QLD win on the strength of Thurston and Lockyer.

So I'm looking forward to the decider, but I gotta say it's looking good for you Queenslanders.

fish_head
15-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Its all rigged Had to let Queensland win to keep the series alive. If NSW had of one again every one would have lost interest. To much money involved, NSW were told to lay down

tunaman
15-06-2006, 09:53 PM
We are not greedy, <NSW>. have to let you win one.

GO THE BLUES!

signed tunaman ;D

dan88
15-06-2006, 11:01 PM
fish head you have no idea. How the hell can you say that. There is something wrong with you for even thinking that. So those tears that braith anasta had in the dressing rooms, is that because he didnt do a good enough job at losing the game??
You say to much on the line so they had to lay it down. MY ASS! Imagine how much more is on the line if someone finds out they were told to lose!! that is 10 times worse for the game.

The only way i will apologize is if someone proves it. Why would you say something like that? People like you are worse for the game than qld losing an origin match.

dan88
15-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Oh, and by the way, if NSW are soooo good that they need to drop a game, then why is it, that when playing nearly at the peak, that they only beat Qld by one point.

Laid the game down....i think not

tunaman
15-06-2006, 11:57 PM
Queensisland were just too good on the night!

signed tunaman :D

lock
16-06-2006, 04:09 AM
Its all rigged Had to let Queensland win to keep the series alive. If NSW had of one again every one would have lost interest. To much money involved, NSW were told to lay down

All bad loser say stupid things to cover up a hiding. Winning a clean sweep means more than just winning the series. But if what you say is true they did a real good job of laying on there a**es ;D ;D

bo_sawyer
16-06-2006, 12:31 PM
We won because our forwards kicked ar** this time, which helped the backs move.

so if money and rateings are involved then they would of had to have offered a good deal to omeily and the other forwards... BECAUSE THEY GOT HAMMERED... you think if the game was rigged that the NSW would of takeing that flogging? let themselves get picked up slammed into the ground?

fish_head
17-06-2006, 10:36 AM
wish the fish were biting as good as you queenslanders this weekend. I was only joking when i said the game was rigged

dan88
17-06-2006, 11:20 AM
you should probably make it more obvious that your joking if you are going to say something like that. ::)

Lone_Wolf
17-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Boys, boys,

It's just a game and ..... everyone has an opinion.... and this is a fishing web site.... :)

skippa
05-07-2006, 10:43 PM
FULLTIME

GAME SET and MATCH[/b[b]]
QUEENSLANDER
[smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif]

NEVER SAY DIE

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Craigus
05-07-2006, 10:46 PM
[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

QUEENSLAND

jerson
05-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Tonight ,Thaiday felt at home dominating state of origin. Queensland will now turn the tide for the next few years.

lippa
05-07-2006, 10:58 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gbanger
05-07-2006, 10:59 PM
So, is the tipping contest going to be counted on what the score was 16-14 or what the score should have been 22-8 ???

that video ref wont see the light of of the tv screen again

Great_White
05-07-2006, 11:07 PM
The best team won ;D Even though the video ref tried to steal the game away from us >:(

Thanks for bringing it home boy's and showing the Queensland pride and the never give up sprit.

The look on the NSW players after they LOST priceless!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;

Peter.

Sportfish_5
05-07-2006, 11:09 PM
I told ya all Mal was doing something special with this young team.

Locky was inspirational :o :o :o :o :o :o

QUEENSLANDER !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohh one last thing is I cant believe how much bad sportsmanship I saw displayed by Danny Buttwipe during the presentation ceremony - Poor form by the NSW captain and he should have a good look at himself --- but what can you expect from a cockroach ::)

richieboy
05-07-2006, 11:25 PM
The REF gave you's the game and you still couldn't take it from us!!! Go you mighty Maroons!
It's the start of the resurgence. Bring back the golden years.
;D ;D ;D ;D

Rich

Az
06-07-2006, 12:05 AM
oooooooooooooooo yeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing beats QLD pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #8-)

not even the blind video ref!!! ::)

Jackinthebox
06-07-2006, 12:11 AM
What a team of champs!

A fightback against all odds - considering the bloody video ref and the onfield ref were both wearing blue undies! Even Gus & Sterlo were calling bulls#%t on those decisions.

Not good enough Blues! It's called Karma - Ha ha ha ha ;D

I'm sure the "Joey, please save us!" call has already gone out for next year!

Queenslander!

land_based
06-07-2006, 12:11 AM
LOL Az i was bagging out lockyer the whole game but he came through with the goods QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackinthebox
06-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Sorry, that was meant to say .......

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!! ;D

Az
06-07-2006, 12:19 AM
LOL Az i was bagging out lockyer the whole game but he came through with the goods QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so long as he never kicks on the 5th again and gives it to hodges i wont mind.. how he has never realised going the bomb on the 5th is so much more dangerous than a silly little chip or grubber has me stuffed!! but thurston has improved QLD's kicking game imensley!!!!

but he did come through with the goods.. and his defensive game tonight was superb!

lock
06-07-2006, 04:19 AM
So far away but still so sweet ! #Quick race to the border and watch it fly over blues ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

McCod
06-07-2006, 06:27 AM
Feels good to be a QUEENSLANDER ;D

manchild
06-07-2006, 06:34 AM
ANGER<DISSAPOINTMENT AND THEN WAIT A MINUTE ;D ;D ;D #TEARS OF JOY
UMMMM HOW GOOD IS THIS ,WE ARE INVINCIBLE ,THEY GOT NOTHING ,THEY NOT HAPPY ;D ;D ;D
GO YOU GOOD THING

George

griz066
06-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Lock wins the footy tippin picked the correct score 16-14 to Qld 8-)

seatime
06-07-2006, 08:32 AM
Thurston was the money man, well done. What a fantastic game!!

I like how Gus Gould only opens his mouth to change feet, his commentary was gormless again. ;D
The NSW supporters are now saying how good the result was for the future of Origin, whatever!.
regards

TheSaint
06-07-2006, 08:43 AM
Queenslander!!! ;D

The_Bulge
06-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Someone should tell the Video Ref that cheats never prosper. Sucked in. YAHOOOOOOOOOO ;D

whykickacatalong
06-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Queensland won hey?, A wise man once said: "seems like the classy thing to do would be not to bring attention to it" ;) Homer Simpson

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Darryl
06-07-2006, 09:04 AM
How's that humble pie tasting? ::) ;D ;D

Great game, horrible ref decisions , Blues had a good game but the end result was the better team on the night. (WHICH JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE THE TEAM I SUPPORT) ;D ;D

Darryl.

HAZY
06-07-2006, 09:19 AM

what aload of CRAP AND IM A STAUNCH NEW SOUTH WELCHSMAN

Gummtree
06-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Awesome, great to be a Queenslander but gees it would be good if they could keep it clean referee wise. Regardless of the outcome, the shitty taste of unfair and blatantly incorrect decisions stays in the gob. Then again, maybe that was fodder for the boys spirit. They deserve to feel proud. They love their work.
QUEENSLANDER.

Argle
06-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Proud to be a Queenslander 8-) Thats Queensland spirit right there gentlemen, something the blues like to talk about but something they will never have.
And poor old Danny Boo hoo shaking his head like THEY were robbed :o :o :o
FFS!!! Even with a blue jumper on the video ref you couldnt break the spirit the never say die attitude....eat S#$T Blue boys man that humble pie must taste good ;D ;D ;D Soak it up QLD that trophys ours!!!

Cheers and XXXX's
Scott
(Proud Queenslander 8-))

Black_Rat
06-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Because WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS !

Lone_Wolf
06-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Newsflash:

Graham West, the video ref has changed his name by deed poll to Graham South( of the border)

It took 70 minutes for my rum to taste soo good! Great effort Queensland!

Motorman
06-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Well done to the QLD team never gave up

All the referees including touchies should never get another game
That was atrocious

Seems like this year they are getting worse

Was different hearing Gus complain about a decision that went with NSW but yeah definate knock on

Well done boys

Bring on next year

Brad

Green
06-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Was definately a sweet victory, good on ya fellas. Also good hearing Gus at least attempting an unbiased call, good on him. Nothin to do now except crack another XXXX with Bundy chaser and bask in the win. QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!

PinHead
06-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Gotta love seeing QLD win against the Bluesers

bo_sawyer
06-07-2006, 12:52 PM
the fact the video ref and touchy ripped us off.... MAKES THE VICTORY TASTE EVEN SWEETER #;D ;D ;D ;D

Its great to see lockyer get the praise he's deserved... ;)

bidkev
06-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Says it all! ;D

rando
06-07-2006, 01:06 PM
I am starting an appeal to fund corrective eye surgery for the Referee 8-) 8-) 8-) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

FISHING_ROCKS
06-07-2006, 01:17 PM
WE WON GAME 3 AND THE SERIES! ;D ;D ;D

PROUD TO BE A QUEENSLANDER

Gold_can
06-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Queenslander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hussy
06-07-2006, 02:17 PM
excellent, you dont hear em any more seem to have gone quiet
hubby, formerly hussy

lock
06-07-2006, 03:53 PM
I am just glad the sheild is going back to
where it belongs. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Owen
06-07-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm a blues supporter and I went to bed ten minutes after half time.
The game was a bloody disgrace!
Between the incompetent referee(s) and the condition of the field I was disgusted. Neither side got to play their best game. OK, you might say that they both had the same conditions, but wouldn't it have been better for them to be able to side step or kick without going arse up.
Qld was obviously the better side on the night to have overcome the poor decisions they were handed.

cheers,
Owen

fish_head
06-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Its about time Queensland won a series 4 straight loses would have been embarresing. The Blues will be back next year

StevenM
06-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Edward was at school this morning and the teacher asked all the

children what there fathers did for a living. All the typical answers

came out, Fireman, Policeman, Salesman,Chippy,Captain of Industry etc,

but Edward was being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked

him about his father.

"My father is an exotic dancer in a gay club and

takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes if the offer

is really good, he'll go out with a man, rent a cheap hotel room and let

them sleep with him."

The teacher quickly set the other children some

work and took little Edward aside to ask him if that was really true.

"No" said Edward, "He plays football for NSWStateof Origin side, but I

was just too embarrassed to say."

StevenM
06-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Edward was at school this morning and the teacher asked all the

children what there fathers did for a living. All the typical answers

came out, Fireman, Policeman, Salesman,Chippy,Captain of Industry etc,

but Edward was being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked

him about his father.

"My father is an exotic dancer in a gay club and

takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes if the offer

is really good, he'll go out with a man, rent a cheap hotel room and let

them sleep with him."

The teacher quickly set the other children some

work and took little Edward aside to ask him if that was really true.

"No" said Edward, "He plays football for NSWStateof Origin side, but I

was just too embarrassed to say."

griz066
06-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Too True

MJR71
06-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Go you good thing. How tops was that Lockyer intercept ;)

skippa
06-07-2006, 07:26 PM
just heard on B105 tonite that the NRL have defended the decisions of the ref's saying no mistakes where made ....... # [smiley=freak.gif] # [smiley=freak.gif] #[smiley=furious.gif]

WTF ??? where they really watching the same game ????

Ahhhhh what the hell

QUEENSLANDER

NEVER SAY DIE

stubbie
06-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Blues supporters are a bit quiet ;D Probably a bit sour in defeat just like Buderus. Disgraseful >:(

herveybaymagic
06-07-2006, 07:49 PM
never seen such sore losers

White_Knight
06-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Just shows U that we not only have the best fishing grounds but we have the best NRL STATE TEAM ;D

SCORE SHOULD HAVE READ

MAROONS 24 :P
BLUES 4 :-X

The ref on the field and the one in the box had a blue jumper under their white one ::)

WHITE_KNIGHT ;D ;) 8-)

mowerman
06-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Queensland didnt win.
NSW lost.

Ahh whatever, now you can jump around for a couple of weeks like your b**ls were caught between 2 bricks.
Its good to see you with a smile on your face and a chip on your shoulder.

And DONT talk about the ref... We had to put up with a bloke called Gomersall.

And borrowing that SO OFTEN REPEATED Queensland line...........

JUST WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR.

lock
07-07-2006, 04:05 AM
They did not just lose mwerman they were out classed so suck it up and try not to trip over your bottom lip. ;D ;D ;D

youngfisho
07-07-2006, 06:30 AM
nicely said lock,

and yes the score line should have read 24 to 4 but weve been getting shafted for years.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO QUEENSLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_RYAN_
07-07-2006, 11:01 AM
best 80 minutes ive seen in a long time..

Sportfish_5
07-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Mowerman - you and your blue mates just had your grass cut ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PinHead
07-07-2006, 11:54 AM
mowerman..NSW should flog us every year if you take the population sizes into account..just they cannot find enough southerners with the guts to get into it when the chips are down.

where_is_dave
07-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Says it all

stubbie
07-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Mowerman, get ya thumb out of ya mouth and cut the excuses. Leave the 'Grasshopper' alone, not even he was wosre than that performance on Wed. night. Not our fault you were born south of the border, deal with it ya sook :'( :'( :'(

Lucky_Phill
07-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Dare I say that the " Mythical " Queensland spirit has been revived.

The Spirit was always there , but needed a push to bring it to the fore. That push was provided by an inept decision by firstly, the ref and secondly, by the video ref.

Further push was gained through an extrodinary effort by a young gun and an old head. Personally I thought Brent Tate was Man-of-the-series, but certainly Locky stepped up a notch when required. Thurston has shown he will be around in S.O.O for a long time.

The young forwards.......what can I say. David and Goliath stuff, hey ?

I have no beef with the players from south of the border, BUT, when will the Blue selectors get it through their collective heads, that you do NOT pick players out of their position.

I was at the local Tavern for the game. The crowd was pretty well divided in respect to the teams. I did notice and I am loath to report this, that at least 4 people ( Qld supporters ) left mid way through the second half. Shaking thier heads as they left. To ones credit, he returned. But, I never thought I would see the day a Maroon supporter would throw in the towel. Just as well the Players that wear the Maroon Jersey, NEVER say die ! hey ?

To Big Mal ( " chicken george " to his friends ).... absolute genius !
To his staff including the AXE...........well done !!!!

And to the clowns that hung Blue flags all over our building site on Wednesday arvo :P :P :P

Cheers Phill

Captain_Starli
07-07-2006, 08:00 PM
don't you love the way the cane toads get their butts kicked for 3 years in a row, & pi*s & moan about how everything was against them, then when they do win one you can't shut em up about what legends they are. you watch, next year if they get flogged again, which is on the cards, take a look at the difference in comments :'(.
have to add that this year they deserved to win, they were the better side, but for christs sake stop whingeing about how the whole world is against you, it's old news,you pack of girls... :-*

kingcobe
07-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks to lockyer we won the game and the series

lock
08-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Ah # #mr whiskers I seem to remember a mob of blokes in blue jumpers whinging all the time when the shoe was on the other foot and qld belted nsw several years in a row, and always whinging about our GRASSHOPPER!. :-/ #And who are you nostradamis predicting next years results already, the only thing on the cards is that in 2006 qld won. So just let us brag about it for the year and let it go or you might get an ulsar ;D

Captain_Starli
08-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Ah mr whiskers I seem to remember a mob of blokes in blue jumpers whinging all the time when the shoe was on the other foot and qld belted nsw several years in a row, and always whinging about our GRASSHOPPER!. :-/ And who are you nostradamis predicting next years results already, the only thing on the cards is that in 2006 qld won. So just let us brag about it for the year and let it go or you might get an ulsar ;D

i was over it wednesday night. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

fish_head
08-07-2006, 12:20 PM
The way you queenslanders are carrying on you would think you had won three straigt series in a row. Guess you havnt had much to crow about for the last few years Enjoy it while you can because NSW will be back next year.

PinHead
08-07-2006, 12:28 PM
ahhhh...the cockie supporters...not many have said .."well done Qld, you were better in this series"..just carry on about the past...am just wondering who the sore losers are.

whykickacatalong
08-07-2006, 01:57 PM
"Well done Qld, you were better in this series"

There ya go ;D

Enjoy the next year, talk it up while you can. Just remember the passion in 10mths time so we can do this all again. ;)

dan88
08-07-2006, 02:22 PM
The fact is the majority of calls went against Queensland and we still won. Bunch of sore losers they were. Danny Buderus who i am a huge fan of could not stop shaking his head! What Queenslander has ever done that in the way that he did. Even gus gould came off better than they did.

All i can say is QUUEENSLAAANDDERRRRRR!

dan88
08-07-2006, 02:27 PM
To add to the discussion, why did Danny Buderus not get up and thank the queenslanders for the game etc and lose gracefully, which is what Darren Lockyer has bin doing for 3 years, instead, he sulked about it.

ibbo
08-07-2006, 03:23 PM
To add to the discussion, why did Danny Buderus not get up and thank the queenslanders for the game etc and lose gracefully, which is what Darren Lockyer has bin doing for 3 years, instead, he sulked about it.

Because he's a blue and like the rest of them and most of their supporters (not all) they dont respect Queensland.

As for the past 3 years ANCIENT HISTORY give credit where its due - do you here about any queenslanders going on about the 80's.

Just goes to show that passion over rides names on paper - NSW has allmost got the australian side and we still one without hunt, hodges, ingliss, slater, bell.

Get over yourselves and the past.

Passionately

IBBO

Camo
08-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Despite the best efforts of the NRL board, refs and other officials, the Mighty Maroons won convincingly on Wednesday night. Now all we've got to do is convince the NRL board that there is no SW in NRL, and that the League heartland also extends north of the Tweed border.

Now they are threatening to take major games off Queensland and hold them in Victoria. The morons will never understand that league will never be popular in Victoria with their overwhelming AFL tradition.

Camo

tiges
08-07-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm blues supporter, and I have no problem with giving full credit to the QLD'ers. The reason that Buderus was shaking his head and big Willie was lost for words at the end of the game was because they had thumped the QLD forwards in both attack and defence but still managed to lose the game. They thought that the QLD forwards would eventually lay down, but they just kept on coming back for more. Led by Petro and Pricey they toughed it out. And when NSW relaxed, the class of Lockyer and Thurston shone thru, and suddenly the game was over. And how about Lockyer!!! NSW ran as many plays as possible straight at him trying to wear him down and dull his effect on the game in attack, but he relished being involved in everything. There can be no doubt that his best position is 5/8th, he has no problem playing as a defender in the first line of defence.

I've now lived in QLD for some 12/13yrs, and any origin losses for NSW have always stung bad. But I think this year I have finally got to understand the QLD mentality. Don't get me wrong, we blues supporters are as passionate about our team, as you are of yours. It's in the players where the difference lies. The NSW players have tried to create a team spirit over the years, and in many ways they have succeeded. But it seems very insular within the team that the bond exists, they seem to shut themselves off to the outside world. The QLD'ers seem more driven to do it for the average man in the street, and the state as a whole. The Blues want to do it for themselves and each other. The penny dropped during Lockyer's acceptance speech when he said that the shield was for the fans. Cheesy I know, but I could only imagine Buderus' response in the same position being all about the team, and how they earned it or whatever.

All that said, I will remain a staunch blues supporter. After all it is about state of origin. And for christ's sake stop whinging about the Hodgson knock on thing. I clearly remember a virtually identical incident in last years series or the one before, when Slater made a play at the ball and it spilled forward off his chest/knee and you guy's had a try awarded. Kept ya lip's tight then didn't ya's? Either way, both cases were a loss of control i.e. knock-on. Ya's are a one eyed bunch of mongrels, but then that's the QLD mentality is'nt it!? ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
Tiges

dan88
09-07-2006, 03:06 PM
haha too right tiges. good reply. And i hadn't thought of that incident, i think i might just keep my mouth a bit quieter about that now haha.
good to hear someone can lose gracefully.
daniel

StevenM
10-07-2006, 05:45 AM
Tiges, your right,

and all you NSW supporters are right, NSW is king, they are the best yadda yadda yadda.

but I am so proud to be a

Queenslander

shaman
10-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Sorry about the late post guys but I've been off air.
I'm a blues supporter even after 15yrs up here because as I see it as State Of ORIGIN.
I watched the last game in total dismay as the referee called those sus decisions and couldn't believe the video ref!!
When NSW was 2 points ahead at the end I was truly calling for a QLD try as I felt guilty about those decisions.
I don't think QLD or NSW played that well and as far as the total game is concerned (apart from the bullsh!t decisions) I feel that if NSW won it would have been deserved.
You'd think that NSW would be aware of the comeback strength of QLD and in the last moments would be more aware of that QLD pride that has cost us plenty in the past.
Anyway I'm not pissn in ya pockets but I'm glad after the crap reffing that you guys came out on top.
I don't think I could have lived with the whole of QLD whinging for another ten years. BILLY

mowerman
10-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Totally agree MrWhiskers, Tiges an Shaman,

And Pinhead,,,well the name says it all.

Qld finally won a series. yip yip yehah. Its like like like

Winnin the chook raffle, or , finding that 308 diff for me kingswood, or , me sister ageeing.............cant say that.

As has been said before
We were over it wednesday night.

sooty66
11-07-2006, 03:57 PM
There's no such thing as an undersized Queenslander. Where all legal sizes and proud of it.