PDA

View Full Version : Do we NEED Fluorocarbon to catch fish?

MagicRik
10-07-2006, 02:22 PM
As i fish i like to take in whats going on around me. And its hit me that fish are getting smarter or fussier about what they will eat. The reason for my thinking this is that the bream out back wont hit anything on a hook.
Ive tryed all my SP's on a 1/26 size 2 hook and they just swim away >:(
But the guy next door comes out with half a loaf of bread and just throws it in and they go nuts.

So do you guys think that fluoro is going to make a difference?
Or is it my bait or am i going to have to do thing stupid like bread on a small hook and no sinkers.

Thanks Rik

wayne_cook
10-07-2006, 03:37 PM
m8 u have to do what works.
When baiting for bream I usually take 3 to 4 set ups 1 with light flurocarbon 4lb one with light sinker maybe a long leader different baits etc.
If any set up starts producing better results bingo!The same setup doesn't always work on each trip.
One thing though fluro c. isn't the beall.Its just another option,that might work on a particular day.
Most times it slightly outfishes other setups that I use.
Cheers bear

Noelm
10-07-2006, 04:00 PM
sort of seems obvious, if someone comes along with a loaf of bread and "they go nouts" they like bread!! if you want to catch them then use the old adage "match the hatch" but in this case "match the bread" not too difficult a task huh! but you will probably get one eventually if you really persist with lures or something just for fun.

revs57
10-07-2006, 05:34 PM
NO

choppa
10-07-2006, 06:47 PM
""""helga's?????????""""

Az
10-07-2006, 06:54 PM
NO

in concur ;D

hussy
10-07-2006, 08:32 PM
i used to catch more fish before bloody, sounders, flourocarbon,carbon fibre, soft plastics, braid, electric motors,4 strokes, and kick arse ,spinning and baitcasting reels, so as to your question, yes i do think flourocarbon makes a difference.

hubby

choppa
11-07-2006, 01:08 AM
yes i do think flourocarbon makes a difference. #

hubby

whats toothpaste got to do with catching bream anyway?????????? ;D ;D ;D

StevenM
11-07-2006, 06:04 AM
Choppa,

its all in the three rings of confidence.....watch while I dunk this biscuit in my coffee

cheers

Steven

Nathalie
11-07-2006, 02:54 PM
:)Hi Rik

Have a read, if you have not yet at "TIPS FOR FISHING" on "SALTWATER CHAT"

Nat. ;)

MagicRik
11-07-2006, 04:16 PM
NO

To the point and really helpful thanks :P

Rik

finding_time
11-07-2006, 04:45 PM
No you dont need fluro-carbon to catch fish!!............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................

But some days it will make all the differance and so will using lighter leader.

Ian