PDA

View Full Version : Intruder!!!

Deiter
10-07-2006, 12:31 AM
G'day Ausfishers, new member here. i joined a week or two ago and have made a few posts already, but thought a formal introduction was warranted.

I have been reading the many posts and learning a great deal from you all over the last 2 or 3 months.

To be honest, i feel as though i know many of you already. I feel a bit like one the intruders on Big Brother. By that i mean that i have watched and listened and observed from a distance, and now i am thrown into the mix where i am just another new face in an ever-increasing crowd.

i am a young family man, married with 1, living in the Redlands on brissie's south side.

to say that i am fishing mad would be like saying Hitler had a bit of a temper.

i love to fish, love playing with boats, love looking at them, talking about them, repairing them, modifying them, sitting in them, smelling them, comparing them, etc. etc. etc.

in short, i have salt water in my veins.

It doesn't matter if its whiting in the Logan, tailor off the sand, or snapper and pearlies in the deep stuff, if it swims - it fascinates me. (grinners, toads, catfish, wirrah's excepted)

yes, i do own a boat. she is a 17ft carribean safari w/ 91' johno 90hp and has been sitting in my shed for the last 6 months undergoing a 'bit of a rebuild'. :-/
long story short, i was going to replace the back2back seats with pedestals one day, and next thing i know i have cut the floor out and gutted the entire hull. Floor and stringers are now replaced and glassed in, along with a new underfloor tank. still a bit to do, but hey, i'm getting there. might start a new thread on it if anyone is interested. If only i spent as much time working on it as i do standing around it with a beer thinking, 'hey you know what would be good...'

this has also put me in the "Deckies For Hire" bracket. i do shiftwork and often have 3-4 days off midweek, so if you need one, let me know. I pull a mean anchor rope.

I should say that i need a bit of notice though. At least twenty minutes. ;)

O.k. i think i have rambled long enough, hope to catch you on the water.

Damo

Herm
10-07-2006, 12:53 AM
Welcome Damo! :)

I have not been a member long myself but they are a friendly bunch! Full of great information and good humour! ;D

Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures ;)

:)Janine

staggy
10-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Welcome aboard Damo.

Staggy

StevenM
10-07-2006, 05:32 AM
welcome welcome welcome

enjoy Damo

cheers

steven

marlinqld
10-07-2006, 05:49 AM
Welcome aboard damo........... ..another good Redlands boy on board ;D

I am local AlexHills mainly go out saturdays, so will PM you if i have a spare seat

Mike

griz066
10-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Welcome bud

maztez
10-07-2006, 07:53 AM
WELCOME ABOARD DAMO YOULL ENJOY THIS MOB ;D SO MANY DIVERSE CHARACTERS ::)ALONG WITH SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE AND GOOD HUMOUR
CHEERS TERRY

revs57
10-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Sounds like you've got the credientials to fit here Damo...Picked up your post on the "great day" thread...you'd qualify for a deckie on "Flamin Riptide"...particularly if you're a good shot with a 10 ball ;D ;D ;D

Seriously...welcome aboard

Cheers

Rhys

Big_Ren
10-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Not a bad introduction Damo. Welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy it.

Cheers
Paul

theoldlegend
10-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Welcome to the site Damo! :D

Another Redlands boy, hey. 8-)

Good to see.

TOL

moondancer
10-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Welcome Damo! All power to the redlands boys (and girls!!) I mainly head out on weekends with my boys, but if on the odd occassion i can get a weekday in, I'll yell out for a deckie.

Enjoy,

Lawry

ibbo
10-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Good on ya mate - Welcome

Its a top site - Enjoy :)

Cheers

IBBO

Smailesy
10-07-2006, 05:52 PM
enjoy mate

robersl
10-07-2006, 06:00 PM
welcome young grasshopper you will learn much on this site and one day go forward as a master pass on you knowledge as well

MagicRik
10-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Welcome Damo
Ive learned a hell of alot on this site too,
and ive not been fishing long 9 months in total
The guys on here are great if ever i need help i just ask and get heaps.
I need all the help i can get :-/

Rik

NeilD
10-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Welcome.

You should fit in just fine

Neil

Bundy_Burp
10-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Wecome Aboard Damo 8-)

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
10-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Welcome Damo

If you need any help/advice with the rebuild be sure to check out the thread
"White ants in the PLayPen" in the boating section. It is a wonderful, detailed thread by Bev and her husband Ross.

Cheers
Dave

mju_75
10-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey Damo,

I'm a brissy southsider (logan) who also works shiftwork......... great fun isn't it!!!! I'm always interested in a good deckie... I own a 4.3m stessl with a 50hp. Thinking about heading out wednesday if you are free. Usually fish mud island......but happy to fish anything :) PM me if interested.

Ohh and welcome :)

Cheers

Mark

kingcobe
10-07-2006, 08:55 PM
you'll enjoy it here

Louis
11-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Welcome aboard Damo

Louis

Deiter
11-07-2006, 10:12 PM
gee, thanx for the warm welcome, i feel like one of the family already [smiley=smug.gif]

also, i didn't realise there were so many redlanders on here! Good to see!!
we do live in a very blessed part of the world, we just need better bloody boat ramps. :)

Cheers to all the guys who have offered to utilise my crewman-club-membership. I hope to take you all up on in the not too distant future. It would be nice to breathe the salt air instead of resin fumes for a change. :o

Reel Nauti, I have have read every page of the "PlayPen" saga more than once. How i wish i had the same experience, resources and equipment (wouldn't it be nice to have a big shed and a midi loader with a boom arm.) Bev and Ross (and helpers) did a great job. My only wish is that they found the white ants and started the thread earlier so i had a bit more of an idea while doing mine. as long as you are pretty handy, the big stuff is easy. its all the little tips and tricks that make things fit as they should and come up right the first time with a minimum of mucking around, and thats what i didn't have.
Jeez, did I muck around. only coz i wanted to get it right though, and i am very happy with the job so far. its just so time consuming. [smiley=worried2.gif]

cheers all,
Damo

Murks
12-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Welcome Damo,
I too was an intruder but now I am a fully fledged housemate.. ;)
Its a great site,, I cant believe how responsive people are here..
All the best
Murks......

Deiter
13-07-2006, 01:20 PM
ha ha ok guys, i need to to clarify something...

the missus read my introduction and feels that i am misleading you all when i say that i am a "young" .

the truth is, i turn 30 in about 2 weeks, and apparrently she feels that this no longer qualifies me for the young bracket unless i am talking about my maturity level. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

all things being relative, i am not argueing - young it is. ;)

Damo

revs57
13-07-2006, 02:19 PM
What are ya talking about, you're still wet behind the ears Damo...ya best is still in front of ya

Cheers

rhys

Deiter
13-07-2006, 02:30 PM
cheers Rhys, i'll be sure to show her your opinion when she comes home and tries to kick me off the 'puter. :)