PDA

View Full Version : Swains weather???

rando
13-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Can someone give me directions to a 7-day weather report for swains???
Thanks
rando

Canoedle
13-07-2006, 02:58 PM
It's gonna be horrible up there m8, I wouldnt go if I was you. :P

rando
13-07-2006, 03:37 PM
OK Ill cancel on your advice ::) :)
20-25 knts down here, whats it going to be out there???

jim_farrell
13-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Rando weatherzone.com.au has a GBR link with 4 day forecast for capricorn channel. Best i could find.

rando
13-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Thanks Flick.

jim_farrell
13-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Oh how i wish it was me. Is there nothing better than counting down the days and checking out the weather forcasts. :)

Cheech
13-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Rob, I thought you had already gone. Must be this weekend? Have a great trip. Sure I will hear all about it when you get back.

NEWBY
13-07-2006, 09:32 PM
#Best I can do for ya mate. This is buoyweather. I am a member so can get 7 day forcast. As close as I can get to where I think Swaines are. I would be pretty close here. Dont know what you going out in but it looks pretty good out there. Hope it helps.

NEWBY

Friday 7/14 Morning #
Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.
Winds: ESE 19 to 25 knots
Seas: ESE 7 feet at 6 sec. #
Afternoon #
Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.
Winds: ESE 18 to 25 knots
Seas: ESE 8 feet at 7 sec. #
Saturday 7/15 Morning #
Breezy whitecaping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Moderate short period wind waves.
Winds: ENE 13 to 18 knots
Seas: ESE 8 feet at 7 sec.
Afternoon #
Breezy whitecaping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Moderate short period wind waves.
Winds: ENE 12 to 16 knots
Seas: ESE 8 feet at 7 sec. #
Sunday 7/16 Morning #
Seas: ESE 7 feet at 7 sec. #
Afternoon #
Seas: ESE 6 feet at 7 sec.

Monday 7/17 Morning #
Light winds with a slight chop. Small short period wind waves.
Winds: NE 9 to 12 knots
Seas: E 6 feet at 7 sec. #
Afternoon #
Breezy whitecaping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Small short period wind waves.
Winds: NNE 10 to 14 knots
Seas: E 5 feet at 7 sec. #
Tuesday 7/18 Morning #
Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Small short period wind waves.
Winds: SSE 16 to 22 knots
Seas: S 6 feet at 5 sec.
Afternoon #
Winds: S 14 to 19 knots
Seas: S 6 feet at 5 sec. #
Wednesday 7/19 Morning #
Breezy whitecaping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Small long period swell.
Winds: SSE 12 to 16 knots
Seas: ESE 6 feet at 11 sec. #
Afternoon #
Breezy whitecaping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Moderate long period swell.
Winds: S 13 to 18 knots
Seas: ESE 6 feet at 11 sec.

rando
14-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Cheech
Leaving tomorrow 7AM arrive Gladstone and embark Boobybird,leave port about 3-4 Pm from memory.Arrive on the reef about 5am and fishing by 6.30-700. ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Newby
Champion mate thanks a bundle, looks like the first couple of days will be choppy and then gradually easing. Should make for an interesting experience , the last trips were a millpond once we were on the reef.

Crossing the Capricorn channel has been always a bit rough, last time I went, one of the other boats lost a bloke overboard in the middle of the night.He was never recovered. :( :(.

Ive packed the digital so I hope to have lots of good pics for a report when i get back

Az
14-07-2006, 12:30 PM
good stuff rando, i'll be up there in a few weeks - august 12 8-)
look forward to your report when you get back and hope you have good weather!

Ally_Jack
15-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Mate just got back this morning from swains on the Tura, rough trip home blowing 25 knots or better, swell 2.5mtr plus, but all worth it for the trip. It should be down to 15-20knots today, and when your out there, it don't matter that much anyway.

Have a great trip :) :)