PDA

View Full Version : Expensive Fishing Trip

Fishing_Widow
14-07-2006, 12:24 PM
My hubby went fishing today (surprise, surprise). He rang me to tell me that he was off the water like he normally does. Not long after that phone call I got another one to ask about who our insurance company was :-?. Warning bells went off in my head and numerous thoughts of what could have happened did also. I told him who I thought it was and asked him why he needed to know. He then calmly told me that he had hit a Mercedes. :o My next question was HOW!!! After he had exchanged details with the driver he rang me back to fill me in on what had happened.

It turns out that he had a car pull out in front of him and so he decided to change lanes so as not to hit them. He did the right thing - looked in the mirror and saw nothing so had a quick look over his shoulder and everything looked clear so he moved across. The only problem was that he didn't see the BRAND NEW, QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLAR Mercedes sitting in the lane. Crunch. The number plate on the boat trailer took out the front edge of the bumper. The bloke was really good considering that he had only just picked it up :)

Thank goodness for insurance. I am still undecided on how long it should be before I let him take the boat out again. ;D ;D ;D

Nomes

P.S. Apparently the boat is all OK. ;D

kitty_cat
14-07-2006, 12:31 PM
as long as the boats alright
cars are only to get to the ramp anyway
wayne

kitty_cat
14-07-2006, 12:32 PM
just for interest was the fishing trip cancelled

Fishing_Widow
14-07-2006, 12:39 PM
No Wayne,

He was on his way back. Ian and his brother went out for a bream fish this morning and apparently it got a bit cold and they decided to pack it in a bit earlier. Maybe he should of stayed in bed ;D ;D

Don't know how many they caught though,

Nomes

dan88
14-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Good to see you can see the funny side of it. Lesson learnt....don't pack it in because its cold ;D

Fishing_Widow
14-07-2006, 01:06 PM
No point in ranting and raving about it because what is done is done and you can't change history :)

I am leaning towards grounding him for two weeks ..................... no hang on I don't think I could handle the DTs it comes with ;D ;D ;D Maybe he should go out again next week with one stipulation - don't hit anymore expensive cars ;D ;D

Nomes

Fishin_Dan
14-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Ian oh Ian.... How are you meant to hide it from them when you ring them & tell them!!! ;D

Hope the boat wasn't damaged mate!

themisses
14-07-2006, 01:22 PM
It's what you don't say that is more important. ;) So next time you have any kind of mishap, you can come back with "and what was my reaction when you hit that $250 000 car??". AArrh a control feaks work is never done!! ;)

Seriously i hope all is ok with boat and persons involved. Sounds like it must have been fairly low speed accident? And the D###Head that pulled out probably did not even notice what they caused. >:(

PinHead
14-07-2006, 01:27 PM
If you are going to hit a car..always make sure it is an expensive one...makes for a much better story..don't stress over it..that is what insurance is for. Mercedes are only German Holdens..nothing all that special about them...next time Ian..make it a Ferrari.

iank
14-07-2006, 01:30 PM
The first thing I checked on pulling over was the boat, onlt the number plate bracket was bent with no other damage, the mecedes however had the front bumper half ripped off with even a piece of it stuck to the boat trailer's number plate holder. Exchanged details and went on our way. Any way I believe in doing things right, no hitting cheap cars when excess on insurance covers both cheap and expensive. :D ;D 1st ever claim against me. :(
Cheers Ian

Fishing_Widow
14-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Stop it PinHead........Don't encourage him. He gets into enough trouble on his own ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nomes

Dannyboy
14-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Could have been a Rolls :'( :'( ;D

lippa
14-07-2006, 07:03 PM
might be worth a shot! i specalise in touching up prestige vechiles, done many mercs, porches, ferrari's ect. if its only the bumper i should be able too fix it for half the cost of your excess. pm me for details. i'd love too help!!!!

cheers

lippa

iank
14-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the offer lippa, but the car was only 5 days old, and he was on his way back to Sydney, the whole front bumper will need replacing, the bloke was prety good about it as I think he also saw the wally who just pulled out in front of me, I didn't see him in my mirror or when I looked over the shoulder, but I saw the number plate bracket on my boat trailer slip neatly into the gap where the bumper meets the side panel and peel it half off.
Cheers Ian
PS I am not banned from fishing, only driving . ;D ;D ;D

webby
14-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Charter Boat, What Charter Boat :-?

Hornblower
14-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Least it shows you don't do things by halves "iank". Just remember, any prang you walk away from is a good prang ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

As the RACQ add goes - Insurance "Wouldn't be without it - would you?"

Cheers ;)

strongy
14-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Wow glad all turned out ok ,hate to spoil a fishing trip , And as for the bozo who pulled out in front of you he`s probably one of those people ,,'Never had an accident all my life ...( but caused a shiteload off e`m) >:( cheers Strongy

aussiefool
15-07-2006, 04:14 AM
bugger the cars bumper ..... let's get down to the important thing in life, like ....................................... did you get a feed of fish ? what bait did you use and so on ;D
Aussiefool

StevenM
15-07-2006, 04:45 AM
Sounds like the bloke in the flash shinney car is at fault, if he saw the wally that that pulled out on you and you only got his bumper with your bloody rego plate......mate hes at fault......dont dont back down.....hes at fault I am tellen ya.

iank
15-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Just to clear a couple of things, we were on our way home as it had turned colder then an eskimo's outhouse on the water ;D, (took me 5 min to tie a uni knot and I dont know how long to retie a leader) we caught about 7-8 bream 3 flathead and a couple of pike on plastics in the couple of hours we were on the water. The drama happened on the way home when a black rav4 deceided it didn't want to wait another 5 second for myself and the few cars behind me to go past >:( >:(, I didnt see the mercedes (even after a quick look in mirrors and over shoulder) and then a horn blast and my number plate holder introduced itself to the mercedes front bumper. Did check boat before looking at the mercedes.
Cheers Ian

iank
15-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Charter Boat, What Charter Boat :-?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

S_Bend
15-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Mate, it's never nice when this happens - no matter how minor. I remember when I bought my first boat - 18 1/2 foot Swiftcraft. Went halves with a mate. He was driving, had an "incident" near the Wynnum Rd offramp on the gateway (it came to rest around 50 metres away from us). A few months later, we got the boat back - ready to take it out on its maiden voyage. Good luck on your next trip.

Great_White
15-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Not Happy Jan >:(

Good to see nobody was hurt, will hate to see what happens to your excess :o

Peter.

stalker
17-07-2006, 06:49 PM
You took the words out of my mouth webby . I was going to say MERC ? what MERC ? !!!!