PDA

View Full Version : who fishes the Pine River

alby
09-07-2006, 10:05 AM
This has probably been done before, I just like to know how many members fish the pine river area. And what kind of boat you run as it would be great to meat up some of the members some time. I have stessl 475 edgetracker

jameshallam
09-07-2006, 03:04 PM
g day i m james i fish the pine river regular and imj sure i ve seen u and gave u a wave i m usually in a 375 quintrex dart 25 yammie abd 36 riptide tiller on the front and the boat is cover in stickers since i m a abt member live 2 minutes from the ramp on bald hills road

kingcobe
09-07-2006, 06:51 PM
My dad (kingtin) and i fish the pine in a stacer 395 seasprite

tinnieman
09-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi there, I fish the Pine, even though I live on the southside... I was there today 385 Quintrex explorer (was going to get a Allycraft insider till the girlfriend left me...lol) , got 30 fish between me and the kids in about 3 hours with blood worms and squid. Tight lines boys and girls.

Canoedle
09-07-2006, 09:30 PM
I fish the pine in my kayak from DWB when I get a chance.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/NakedGun/60cmFlattie2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/NakedGun/karl_114.jpg

tinnieman
09-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Canoedle, nice lizzard. I got a mixture of whiting, bream and a coulpe of striped things I am still trying to figure out what they are. Cant say I have seen you around, I put in at DWB as well, used to live at Bald Hills till I got married and went to the darkside (southside) but now the divorce is through I might get back there fukll time one day. Will keep an eye out for you and give a wave. Take care.

shayned
10-07-2006, 08:45 AM
I fish the pine land based when I can, every month it seems I learn something new about the old girl and just when I've thought I've used every possible lb access point I stumble on to another one ( its also a great way to meet new security people too) :D :D. I've only got a few of them well sorted and the rest are works in progress but it keeps it interesting. The target for the coming summer is to sort out shark fishing on the pine.

As for always learning new things, does anyone know about this resort area thats been approved, at first glance it looks like changing dramatically a fairly large fish nursery area. :(

MrWong
10-07-2006, 07:00 PM
I fish the Pine a fair bit... though I must admit I rarely do when its calm - straight to Moreton I go! Though when the prawns are on I am there most nights... I live on Rushworth St not far from you jamesshallam...... I probably run past your door most nights around 9pm ::) small world hey! We will have to catch up sometime

Cheers
Norm

The_Walrus
10-07-2006, 07:14 PM
I also fish the Pine for around 50% of my trips and mostly fish above the highway bridge targetting mostly flathead.

Whenever I can I launch from the the ramp at Wyllies Park just upstream of the bridge to Petrie.

Boat is a 4M SeaJay Bass N Barra.

Luc

lippa
10-07-2006, 08:16 PM
i'm always down there in this old girl! got the sticker, so i'm not too hard to spot

Scottnojack
11-07-2006, 05:43 PM
I fish the river quite often as well. Put in at Dohles and work my way up. I am usually out very early in the mornings though. I think I have seen you jameshallam many moons ago. We had the usual "Gettin Much Mate" chat and that was it. If ya see me out come and say gday.

Scotty

chrisfish
17-07-2006, 09:16 PM
I fish the pine and am usually shore based in grey Orvis wading gear or in a 14 foot Stessl silver tinny with a 15 hp Johnson motor. The wading gear is pretty cool - it belonged to my uncle and when he died earlier this year, his wife sent his fishing gear to my Dad, and he gave me one of the wading outfits. I figure he'd appreciate knowing we are enjoying using the gear.

Mick
17-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Fished the Pine River for Barra yesterday, but didn' t do any good....

Unfortunately I am not joking.... sort of.... I am on holidays at the moment and visiting my parents in Bray Park. I grew up here and fished nothing but the pine river until I moved to Bowen in north qld. I figured while I was here and since I had brought most of my fishing gear I'd take my barra outfit down to the highway bridge and chase a few whatevers there these days but didnt do any good

Got_the_Fever
18-07-2006, 05:02 AM
I fish the pine whenever I get the chance. In fact I will there early Thursday morning with a mate. If anyone sees my Terri Nordic poly boat come over and say hi. We will be fishing close to the mouth. We normally launch at clontarf and drive around from there.

Kel [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]