PDA

View Full Version : Bald Hills Creek

shayned
18-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Has anyone put a line into the series of ponds on the opposite side of the highway from Strathpine. I'm pretty sure that it's Bald Hills Creek.

BrandonH
18-07-2006, 10:42 AM
I think your talking about part of the southpine? there is access behind the shopping centre and also from the large park b4 the shopping centre. Heard of Bass comming out of there at times, might be too much salt in there atm though.. have you got google earth? if so save a pic of where your talking about and post it ;) someone should be able to tell you where your looking :)

I fished Baldhills the other week. came up with 2 yellow tail pike thats it :( one of them was on a flathead fly thought witch was fun and different, then another one was on a manns streach 5+ trolling for flathead and this huge pike slamed it head first!! this wasn't too far from the mouth though, its very shallow too guys so at low be very carfull!! (you can see the trenches made from peoples props!!!!).

Cheers
Brandon...

shayned
18-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Brandon,
I'm unsure how to use google earth but the park is Gus Davies Park and Gladdon st Bald Hills is close. UBD map 99 ref P20

bidkev
18-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Shayne, that's just an overspill from the lagoons in harold kelly park, or vice versa. The lagoons aren't marked on the UBD. It's freshwater and at times is completely covered in azolla and lilies. They dredge it all out every so often. There should be some rather large goldfish in there if the dredger hasn't got 'em ;) ;D

kev

land_based
18-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Bald hills creek

land_based
18-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Also does anyone know about the tiny little estuary located directly across from bald hills creek?? I went there about a year and a half ago just walking around and im sure the mouth of the creek was roped off by DPI????

shayned
18-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Rob,
How the hell do you do that, what a great tool. The area I mean is back further along the creek.

BrandonH
18-07-2006, 12:01 PM
here it is, can't see much it is bald hills creek or the end of it :-/ never fished there but have heard of eels comming out of it.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/bjh79/Baldhillscrk.JPG

Rob, that little creek has signs all over it saying private property keep out!! some bloke owns the land and is quite a pri#k about letting people fish up there.. have caught a couple of bream on plastics right at the mouth b4.

Shayne, Google earth can zoom in on anything in the world ;) all you need to do after that is copy the picture to the clipboard and past back into an image file, then upload to a server or directlly to ausfish :) easy for some.. anyways let us know if you decide to have a flick there!!

cheers
Brandon..

PS: I had a dream one night about that pond (the area to the right of Bracken ridge rd) I dreamed that it had been converted into a barra park of sorts and i was fishing there in a comp :o :o was quite an strange dream.. #:o i kept droppig the fish i had hooked >:( and only one other competitor had caught something!! Lol. anyways.. tight lines :D

shayned
18-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Found the spot trying to upload here goes nothing.

shayned
18-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Bugger, try again.

shayned
18-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Sorry, I meant the area near the blue roofed rotunda with the foot bridge and island in the middle of the lagoon. Brandon, good dream re the barra, I'll pm you if you want to have a muck around there.
Regards,
Shayne

BrandonH
18-07-2006, 12:38 PM
That is in the pic i posted also but its not very clear. I would be keen for a flick around there, this week would be good cause the wind will be keeping me away from the places i want to fish >:( Would be good to catch up with someone else from here too ;) send me a pm and we will see what we can come up with!!!

Cheers
Brandon...

shayned
18-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Yep right pic, I found it on g.earth and emailed to myself and cant do anything with it. I'm pretty sure Kingtin's right its kelly park, you can see the foot bridge from the road as you drive towards bracken ridge from strathpine.
Regards,
Shayne

Has anyone tried it?

MrWong
18-07-2006, 01:54 PM
There are redclaw in the ponds near the off leash dog park off Rushworth St, Bald Hills - - oh and turtles :D cant catch em on a soft plastic though.
There are some huge schools of mullet living under and around the road bridge on the way to Strathpine where the road crosses the South Pine and there are some big Long tail tuna living quite comfortably in my freezer ! (allthough at about minus 17 deg and frozen). :-? ::)

bidkev
18-07-2006, 02:30 PM
My place in relation to the lagoons

bidkev
18-07-2006, 02:32 PM
My place ;D As you can see.......it doesn't exist.....just the plot we started building on more than 2 yrs ago.........them sattelite pics must take some time to reach earth ::) ;D

kev

shayned
18-07-2006, 03:00 PM
If the lagoons are that close to Kingtin's place then at least we know that all the catfish and eels have been cleaned up. ;D ;D ;D

I must be the only computer un-co here. Off to the test pages with me to try and post one of those sat images.

BrandonH
18-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Lol, your nice and close Kingtin ;) I will run into you oneof these days down the pine i am sure :)
I think most of the Brisbane shots are at least 2 years old. I know that QUT at Carseldine (where i work) was building a new building about 2 years ago and google earth shows it in progress rather than the nice new red building that stands there today :( I think you get updated pictures if you register and pay them money.. I wish they kept the resilution up when they get out into the water though!! you can nearly make out the reefs out front of woody point ;)

Cheers
Brandon...

bidkev
18-07-2006, 03:12 PM
If the lagoons are that close to Kingtin's place then at least we know that all the catfish and eels have been cleaned up. ;D ;D ;D

I must be the only computer un-co here. Off to the test pages with me to try and post one of those sat images.

Shayne, have you downloaded google earth? If so, bring up the image, go to file....save......save image and save it to your desktop as a jpg. Then open it and resize it as if you would for posting here.

kev

bidkev
18-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Here's the hidden ramp I mentioned in another thread.........looks like a trucky is having a break in the car park

shayned
18-07-2006, 05:13 PM
It's probably been mentioned on here before but what a great way to scope out new places to fish or revise ways to fish old places.

Lifestyle
18-07-2006, 05:19 PM
king tin it has just dawned on me from your posts and it must be true that all the good fisherman live on the northern side :o . You guessed it me to ;).
I would only put small boats in at that ramp in the above post. Their was talk of vandals geting down there i think.

shayned
18-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Another crack at a closer image.

bidkev
18-07-2006, 05:40 PM
quote author=Lifestyle link=1153178969/15#21 date=1153207171]king tin it has just dawned on me from your posts and it must be true that all the good fisherman live on the northern side :o . You guessed it me to ;).
I would only put small boats in at that ramp in the above post. Their was talk of vandals geting down there i think. [/quote]

There's vandals at nearly all ramps nowadays >:( you're right though, I wouldn't leave my trailer there. It's ideal when I launch at deepwater on a weekend. The deckie takes the trailer home and then I ring her to meet me with the trailer at the other ramp.....saves losing your rag at the jet skiers and having to queue at deepwater.

kev