PDA

View Full Version : whats the worst thing you done to go fishing?

manchild
10-07-2006, 07:02 PM
ill start. Making up stories how many things to see and do in Broome 4 years ago ,so i can go fishing there .All the family did for 10 days is watching me fish ;D Ohh yes i went fishing on our first anniversary ,turned a phone off and stayed out till 9pm .I told her that my phone were playing up :P
cheers
George

this is gonna be interesting come on fellas

Sea-Dog
10-07-2006, 07:30 PM
I knew a bloke who got married at Seventeen.

On his wedding night, he went fishing with his mates. :o

....by the way, he is still married to the same woman some forty years later.

Feral
10-07-2006, 07:32 PM
No way, my wife might read this thread!

hussy
10-07-2006, 08:25 PM
passed my son lying on the footpath on way to boatramp, he said he had fallen off his bike and his arm hurt, have a sit down for a while and a drink you,ll be right, went fishing. in the shit big time when i got home . his arm was broken.
hubby

flotsom
11-07-2006, 12:10 AM
i am the other way, my mrs went to fraser island comp without me for the 1st few days!

fishlady
11-07-2006, 06:27 AM
I dunno but I reckon most ladies out there are fairly happy with their angling partners and the amount of time they get off from them when they go fishing!
After all theyre only going to play around with fish......... they could be at the titty bar!!
I love any time out from all the boys in my family and reckon they should fish MORE, MORE, MORE! As long as they take me every now and again!
Hope you are all gonna have a lovely day
Jane

shayned
11-07-2006, 08:45 AM
Oh my god, there's titty bars?????.........................no one told me about this!!!!!!! ...................................and to think of all the cold, wet , miserable nights I spent staring at the tip on my rod when I could been staring at the ti.......................... Nah dont think so, if a bloke starts going to watch those girls dance it's only a short horrible slide to being dragged along by the missus to watch another group of women dance and wallah, before you can say Nut Crackers Suite, a bloke goes and gets all cultured up.

I reckon I'm safer with the bream. ;)

Az
11-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Jane... you need to have a chat to my mrs!

whykickacatalong
11-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I dont see it as a bad thing, I organised my honeymoon on Frazer Island. Not on the Kingfisherside where there is little land based fishing but at Happy Valley close to some good gutters where I spent everyday chasing whiting and Tailor for my new brides dinner (well it sounds better like that ;)). She should have known what she was getting herself in for anyway, her father is a mad keen fisherman, I fished with him before we got married so surely she did not expect me to change, a woman would never think that would they ;D ;D ;D

major-defect
11-07-2006, 10:46 AM
My wife encourages me to go fishing just as long as she gets to go sometimes.She even bought me a new yammie for the boat.Can go any time I want ,where and i want budget permitting.She's a beaut.

PinHead
11-07-2006, 11:11 AM
I must get it quite easy..can go to those bars..or fishing..never a problem ,

INDULGENCE
11-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Walked into the bosses office one Monday and said I needed the next week off.
When he said no I said you better tell my other half as we are getting married on the weekend and it was to be my honeymoon.
Of course I got it off after a big drink on the Friday with the whole office to celebrate gifts and all.
The big down side were the number of work mates pissed off with me for not inviting them to the wedding.
We caught some good fish and arrived back to work with a tan so the story held up.
I still havnt let on after 15years.
Wally

shaman
11-07-2006, 01:12 PM
passed my son lying on the footpath on way to boatramp, he said he had fallen off his bike and his arm hurt, have a sit down for a while and a drink you,ll be right, went fishing. in the shit big time when i got home . his arm was broken. #
hubby

GO YOU GOOD THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bet ya felt like sh!t when you found out though...........BILLY

shaman
11-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Walked into the bosses office one Monday and said I needed the next week off.
When he said no I said you better tell my other half as we are getting married on the weekend and it was to be my honeymoon.
Of course I got it off after a big drink on the Friday with the whole office to celebrate gifts and all.
The big down side were the number of work mates pissed off with me for not inviting them to the wedding.
We caught some good fish and arrived back to work with a tan so the story held up.
I still havnt let on after 15years.
Wally

15 years is a long time not to tell someone you fooled em.
How have you held it in ?.............I don't think I could control the urge, especially after a few beers........................BILLY

MagicRik
11-07-2006, 01:47 PM
My wife is happy for me to go fishing, And think its importent for me to have my own time....... ;D...........So im a very happy man.
The hard part is finding a balance....time with the famaily and fishing......cos once your out fishing it like "Just one more cast, just one more cast" and two hours later im still there "just one more cast"

Rik

Smailesy
11-07-2006, 02:35 PM
my wife loves me going fishing at least i get out of her way

Brenno
13-07-2006, 08:28 PM
if i dont get out of the house for a few wks my wife starts telling my mates to come and get me as i'm climbing the walls.

dont think i've lied to go fishing but i have called in sick so that i could go with a mate and look at some boats. but i have bought rods and reels and only tell her about them when she sees them.

Dannyboy
14-07-2006, 05:52 PM
I can go any time I like just so long as I tell her what time I'm coming home. She is very happy to get me out of the place.

My tip is do what I do.

Keep asking her where things are and then before she can answer start looking in her half of the wardrobe! Before I can get the door open she will say " Why don't you go fishing it looks like a good day for it!!!

Me thinks she may have stuff in there I don't know about, like my new reel up in shed!!

lock
15-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Never had to lie to her about going fishing but bent the truth a few times about gear that has been bought. ;) It usaly works when I say I needed new tools for work . By now I should have shares in mitre ten.

tunaman
15-07-2006, 03:11 PM
After a man works all day, and has cut the grass, taken the bin out
feed the bloody cat, fix the car and all the hell a man has to do in one,s
life, I think we should be given a new boat once a year, and let us
go fishing when we feel like it!
if thats all right with you darling?
Yes us blokes do a lot for them, and my missus dont mind at all
that I fish alot.
She say its the smell, thats hard to live with?

signed tunaman ;D

-spiro-
15-07-2006, 09:46 PM
once every couple of months i got to ring work up and tell them im sick and won't be in today. Just so i can go fishing and get paid for it. I bet that gets up the nose of a couple of self employed people out there ;D The funny thing is work knows that i am acturly going fishing but never pull me up for it ;D dosn't help getting sunburnt with a soar back as a excuss ;D

maxwellson
19-07-2006, 05:21 PM
know of a bloke whos call sign is "selfish pig". self explanatory. its on his boat side also ..........