PDA

View Full Version : MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS KIDS CAMP

Sandman
23-05-2006, 08:13 PM
For all those putting their time into helping out on odd days its all go --- 17th - 23rd September . We are still in the process of the camp in CQ comming up in July wont be alot of fishing from me on this trip but am sure a line or 2 will be dropped.

If those of you who volunteered such as Bret drop a line to me confirming your availability on those dates would be great as the post has been down for awhile ... Keep in mind a Blue card is required and safety checks required, basically your BC details go onto our data system etc.

Lokk forward to hearing from you all.
Cheers Mick

finding_time
23-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Bump

Sandman
25-05-2006, 12:26 PM
::)

Sandman
25-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Mods could you put this post it the top topics atleast unil July please .
Mick
Save Ian bumping every topic :) thanks Ian

subzero
25-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Gidday Sandman, I am moving house at the moment and will be still sorting stuff out over the next week or so. Will talk to you in a week or two, you can still count on VP1 from VMR Victoria Point for several hours for rides but will sort an exact day out with you later on. I was thinking perhaps it would be easier for both you and us to do it one day during the week seen as the camp is held over a full week. (Remember you will need to supply the bluecard worker more than likely although we may possibly have one or two members with it by then... it hasnt been a concern from us so far as we are exempted for rescues but not sure if we are covered for p.r. work).
Phone 0403539485 if you need to talk sooner.
Cheers Lloyd :)

subzero
25-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Oops, CQ, Central Queensland????
Are you running 2?
I am talking about the one down Horizon Shores or where ever it was later in the year? (I hope I havent got my wires crossed) :o :-[ :-/

Sandman
26-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Lloyed yep you got the correct one :) CQ may well be cancelled unfourtunatly , Still pushing ahead with it all the same.
As mentioned Gold Coast 17th -23rd September Howard Street Runnaway Bay , i agree the one day will be the best choice, my boat will be moored there for the week ( in case i need som RnR ::) ) .
Re: Blue card , I will need to check with that , if you come under your unbrella we might be ok , i will follow up with them today. Unfourtunatly we had to cancell the bike rides ( Ulyis? ) as each member required a blue card , that was a blast with those bikes .

Thanks to the mods again ;)

Brejen
26-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Mick should still be good with them dates mate. Blue card still comin but shouldnt be a prob at all. Just let me know when/what we need.

Did u get onto the other Mick re sponsor money

Brett

Sandman
29-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Bret,
Yes certainly did and he is complete Gold :)

Brejen
29-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Mick put his name down as a helper too mate. He'd love to be in it.

Brett

Sandman
30-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Bret is that a new rig ?

Brejen
31-05-2006, 10:39 PM
NA Mick same one.

Brett

bidkev
08-06-2006, 11:28 PM
Mick, can you repost this with specific details.

Considering the time it's been up, it's not got a lot of reads. Perhaps an attention grabbing header ( such as simply "HELP") in the main body of the general section directing folks to here.

The blue card issue may frighten off folk who otherwise may be interested, so full details of how easy it is to get a blue card (if they ain't suss) may help, plus the fact that once the blue card is obtained then they can use it for other purposes.

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs here but simply trying to raise awarenes as this community has a propensity to help out wherever possible and if informed sufficiently.

As a foster carer I have entitlement to a blue card although I haven't applied yet. When I do, and if I am available, subject to wife's shifts etc, we would like to help out if possible.

kev

Sandman
09-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Kev ;) At this point I now have enough hands in helping , My suggestion from here on in is to have M&G perhaps a BBQ.

In regards to Blue cards for those that do not know and perhaps are in need of advise . The Commission of Children are changing criteria for Blue cards etc for those who are incontact with children this includes trades

http://www.ccypcg.qld.gov.au/index_flash.html

If you work with children or similar foster you require a card by law if you are a volunteer you require a card more so than if you are employed , now under the new Disability Services Act 2006/2007 we will be required to have both a BC and Disability card of some sort.
It not a walk in the park to get a card as any infringment will effect the time it takes to get your card no matter how old. My advise is to disclose everything and get advise from their legal team as well get your application in now as it takes months.

I still encourage members( with blue cards) to contact me regarding the camp .

Thanks Kev hope you cam make it.

Regards

Feral
12-06-2006, 01:25 PM
ITs ridiculous whats involved, my mate had an assault conviction from when he was 18, a pub brawl, they all got done. Nearly 20 years ago, yet everytime he gets his card renewed, it takes twice as long as the rest of us to get his. Like what has a conviction for brawling in a pub got to do with kiddie fiddling?

It's also starting to take much longer for normal (clean) applicants to get cards renewed, my wife just got hers renewed, and it took 6 weeks from application to delivery.

Sandman
13-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Feral,
Yes some of us have certainly had these experiences thats why i ask for all not to be put off about applying as certainly 20 years is taken into consideration .
I am only talking of the above mentioned , i do believe fire arm offences etc certainly would not even have a look in.

F1SH_BOY
19-07-2006, 07:05 PM
is there a website for this camp?