PDA

View Full Version : bad day at work cured by thoughts of fishing!

gutzy
20-07-2006, 07:55 PM
I was knee deep in concrete on a finished concrete floor. :-[ :-[ :-[
Pumpie spilling core fill (concrete) all over face block work , bustin me gut all day. >:( >:(
All I could think about was tryin me new popper and how much fun I am going to have this weekend. :D
Fishin , readin the paper , cookin breakfast on a sandbank with me little burner , tryin some new techniques. ;D ;D
Fishing , the only thing that got me through this 12hr day , :'( :'(
THATS FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!
(sorry bout the whinge but Im sure it gets you all through some rough days)

snakecatcher
20-07-2006, 08:01 PM
I know what you mean - spent the day at the Mater Hospital in Brisbane today taking my 5yr old son for a regular general anaesthetic so the Docs can check to make sure his eye cancer continues to be in remission which thankfully it is. Bloody stressful for all concerned but now looking forward to a days fishing tomorrow, which weather permitting, will make everything right with the world.

gutzy
20-07-2006, 08:14 PM
bloody oath mate , hope all goes well with you and your family.
Hope you get the biggest baddest fish in the water!!! ;D ;D ;D

Got_the_Fever
21-07-2006, 02:38 AM
Gutzy you are not the only one who thinks that way. I was suppose to spend Wednesday fishing with my wife in the pine, of course work called me and asked if I would work an overtime shift instead. I spent the day getting abused instead of enjoying a day away from all the damn phones. The only thing that stopped me from going completely around the twist (it wouldnt be a long journey to beging with) was the thought of being out on the water asap.

Snakecatcher I hope the little fella continues to stay in remission.

Kel [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]