PDA

View Full Version : How to tell if the weathers bad & fish not biting!

way_out_bush
21-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Not living near the east coast(4 hours inland) It is easy to tell if conditions are bad on the coast as this site on weekends is really busy!!
Anyway us land locked people really enjoy reading all the posts!!!
Thanks to everyone for your input. It id great to be able to access information across such a broad sprectrum of people from all over the world.

Have a good weekend!

Sea-Dog
21-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Surest way to tell is:

If I have the chance to go fishing, then either the weather will be atrocious or the fish have all gone North/South on holidays.

Ahhh, it doesn't matter about the fish - they are only an excuse for mucking about in boats.

Just enjoy the experience anyways.

As far as the weather is concerned, have a look at seabreeze. It gives a reasonable picture of the likely conditions.

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/qld.asp

- Sea-Dog

seatime
21-07-2006, 09:02 PM
way_out_bush

is it fishy out where u are? wherever that is.

it's not just the weather or the bite, this forum has it's own attraction, can be a bit addictive at times. personally i have way too much time on my hands to be healthy.

rgds

Hornblower
21-07-2006, 09:49 PM
The way to tell the weather is:

1) If it is blowing 25 knots and the synoptic chart looks Sh*t House,, then I have days off approaching;

2) If it blows 30 knots then I have pulled out the Tide Book and the winds won't abate until I put the book back on the shelf;

3) If it is blowing 35 knots and raining, then I would have decided to chance the weather for taking the boat out the night before; AND

4) If there is a cyclone then you know that I have decided to take holidays and go fishing.

Hope that helps Way out bush ;) ;) ;) ;)

Actually, perhaps if I decide to paint the house the drought will break ;D ;D ;D