PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Present

iank
21-07-2006, 03:14 PM
It is my birthday coming up and the missus keeps asking what I want, I keep on telling her, a stella 1000 and a Miller bream buster rod, failing that there is a 2500 twin power reel on sale for $279 at the tackle shop we buy thru, I still dont think she has got the hint yet. ;D ;D ;D I offered to get her the same for her birthday next week and you should have felt the temp drop. ;D Any hints on how to get her to see things my way. ;)
Cheers Ian

ttone
21-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Good luck Mate, remember it's the SQUEAKY door that gets the most OIL ;D

Fishing_Widow
21-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Keep dreaming Dear,

I know that I work to support your fishing habit but don't work that hard. ;D ;D ;D

Nomes :)

theoldlegend
21-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Haw, haw haw!! ;)

What's going on here, I said to myself? :-/

IanK, I think that your lovely wife Nomes is far too clever for you and the fact that she works to support your addiction is a fair and just reason that she should share in the spoils.

Sorry mate, in most circumstances I would agree with you, trying to generate some sympathy, but I think that you're married to a very switched on person. Going from the picture on her avatar, I reckon she has a good sense of humour as well.

All I can recommend, is, well, keep talking about it. :P

TOL

Dirtysanchez
21-07-2006, 04:28 PM
I'd just buy it and wrap it, put my own card on it and say to the Mrs

Its all taken care of dear, and thanks very much for the gift, its just what I wanted
:D

Herm
21-07-2006, 04:48 PM
I'd just buy it and wrap it, put my own card on it and say to the Mrs

Its all taken care of dear, and thanks very much for the gift, its just what I wanted
:D

HA! ;D

I have done this before!

:)Janine

TinarooTriumph
21-07-2006, 06:01 PM
If she didnt get the hint before, she certainly does now!.

Perhaps a brand spanking new Haines for the Salt, or a Skeeter for the fresh ;D ? . Or maybe a El Cheapo Jarvis Walker combo ;D He'd love that :P .

TT 8-)

lippa
21-07-2006, 06:17 PM
hide the batteries mate, hide the batteries ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) she'll come around ;D ;D ;D

Scott_Thunder
21-07-2006, 06:30 PM
stayin outa this one :-X

StevenM
22-07-2006, 07:03 AM
It is my birthday coming up and the missus keeps asking what I want, I keep on telling her, a stella 1000 and a Miller bream buster rod, failing that there is a 2500 twin power reel on sale for $279 at the tackle shop we buy thru, I still dont think she has got the hint yet. ;D ;D ;D I offered to get her the same for her birthday next week and you should have felt the temp drop. ;D Any hints on how to get her to see things my way. ;)
Cheers Ian

Sounds Like a fair deal to me Ian....Come on Nomes...be a good sport.

Cheers

Steven

Dodgy_Back
22-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Ian

This is what I do with my wifey

I let her know just how tough and depressing it is not to be able to work again and if it wasn't for fishing I'd be in a nut house.

So can i please go and buy my Miller rod( or what ever comes to mind)
For my sanities sake, I know you understand .

Try it mate !!!

Geez, I hope Nomes doesn't read this!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

mcsalty
22-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Mate I really shouldn't stick my nose in here but if you really want that rod you should do something about it. Get off your arse and find her a second job!

Anonymous

bidkev
22-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Good one mc Salty ;D ;D

Best of luck with it Ian. What you need to do in circumstances like this is lovingly tell her that you know how difficult it is for women to spot a bargain in fishing departments. If you have your own cash, you can tell her that the gear is going at half price, and would she like you to go and get it, so that she can save a few bob and the effort of shopping for it herself. You then buy it, give it to her to wrap and claim back off her half of what you paid saying that was the full price. That way it only costs you half and it only costs her half. You will have what you want at half the price and she will be forever indebted to you for your consideration in sacrificing your surprise in order to save her heaps. Who knows, you may even get a bonus later in the day? ;) ;D

kev the devious

shaman
22-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Hey Kingtin...........................you rock bro.....(as my kids would say)...
I'm DEFINATELY using that and my wife doesn't visit this site................
YAHOO.................... :D :D..............BILLY

Big_unit
22-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Mate I really shouldn't stick my nose in here but if you really want that rod you should do something about it. Get off your arse and find her a second job!

Anonymous

Absolutely ROFLMAO. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

iank
22-07-2006, 04:57 PM
# #Mate I really shouldn't stick my nose in here but if you really want that rod you should do something about it. # Get off your arse and find her a second job!

# # Anonymous

Absolutely ROFLMAO. #;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Me to, have now solved the problem, went to the tackle shop and bought a pile of skirts, wire, crimps ect for my highspeed lures, the beter half (now that she has bought and given me the above ;) ;D) still has no idea what she wants :-/ no mater how much I tell her she would love that 2500 twin power. ;D ;D ;D
Cheers Ian

Fishing_Widow
24-07-2006, 12:59 PM
I will not give in, I will not give in, I will not give in.

Thank goodness that he hasn't really discovered the huge advantages of lay-by. It would mean that he could have what ever he wanted he would just have to pay it off. Oops did I say that out loud?? Damn now he will know how I afford all the clothes. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nomes

puks
24-07-2006, 01:10 PM
[smiley=laola.gif]

rofl

in our household we kinda have the policy not to by anything useful as presents
fishing gear is useful ;) isnt it [smiley=engel017.gif]

good on ya nomes for not givin in

anya

Murks
24-07-2006, 06:10 PM
ian,
i had a similar issue so when it was her birthday she got a pair of waders (my size) :) two new reels just like the ones I wanted :)and a new sensor tip rod :)amazing really ;Dagain it was just the same as the one I wanted.......
Murks
I do know however that I will end up paying for this ;)

PinHead
24-07-2006, 06:29 PM
wifes birthday today..just gave her a couple of hundred..easier that way..I cannot stuff it up that way.