PDA

View Full Version : Ausfisher at work.

slyman
25-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Was walking up thru the carpark at work the other day, and spied an older model pajero i think it was, couldn't tell it was someways off and facing away, but there was a filthy big Ausfish.com.au sticker on the back window. So, its a largish hospital, construction going on, near to shopping centre, northside, been in the news recently(yeah that'll narrow it down ;D ) I work in the op theatres. Whos the fellow ausfisher!!! Say hi.

Big-D
25-07-2006, 02:08 PM
;)Sounds like the Nugget's Car.

bidkev
25-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Was walking up thru the carpark at work the other day, and spied an older model pajero i think it was, couldn't tell it was someways off and facing away, but there was a filthy big Ausfish.com.au sticker on the back window. So, its a largish hospital, construction going on, near to shopping centre, northside, been in the news recently(yeah that'll narrow it down ;D ) I work in the op theatres. Whos the fellow ausfisher!!! Say hi.

That's the deckie's, mate. 89 maroon pajero with big maroon ausfish stickers on the front and rear windows.....they are big aren't they ;D She works at The Prince Charles Hospital......her name's Bridget and she works on ward 1B normally but doubles as duty nurse manager.........she's the manic one that rushes around like a bear with a sore head ;D Call in and say hi............if you can get her to stand still for a minute ;D

kev

freddyfish
25-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey Kev,

Was crossing the Pine bridge on Sunday around 8.45am and son yelled out
" ausfish stickers" on a reddy coloured fourby. Could have been Bridget.

Cheers
Brad

bidkev
25-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey Kev,

Was crossing the Pine bridge on Sunday around 8.45am and son yelled out
" ausfish stickers" on a reddy coloured fourby. Could have been Bridget.

Cheers
Brad

Not her Brad......she went over at about 12. 15 on her way to spotlight at Morayfield........stuff for the girls needlework class to make a teddy......17 bucks :o Jeeez, I coulda bought one at lifeline for 50 cents ::) ;D Then she had to get the makings of a ratatouille for cookery class...another 18 bucks! ::) :o Zuchinni and egg plant...what the hell is that?!.....bloody rabbit food ;D.........coulda got 2 kilos of rump for that price! Why don't they teach the kids to make something practical like a reel cover or fish cakes? ;D

kev...off topic again ;D

mowerman
25-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Kids school fete on saturday.
30 bucks each for the ride tickets. Another 20 each for other stuff.

Oh , and I get to cook hamburgers all day. Thankfully the beer tent is next door.

Hopefully the local pollie will come and help like he usually does. Might get a few words in his ear.

Got_the_Fever
25-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Hey Kev. We might have to get my Mrs and your kids together, she can teach them how to crochet reel covers for all our gear. Productive and useful.

Kel [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Bundy_Burp
25-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah crochet reel covers I got to see that ;D ;D ;D ;D

mowerman
26-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Ill have a set mate.

Black and gold thanks. ;D

slyman
28-07-2006, 07:44 PM
ahh ok thanks kingtin, i'll keep an eye out for bridget. ward 1B

bidkev
28-07-2006, 10:01 PM
ahh ok thanks kingtin, i'll keep an eye out for bridget. ward 1B

Duty Nurse Manager for the next month...........if you're short of staff, blame her..........blaming Beattie won't make one iota of difference ;) ;D

kev

Got_the_Fever
29-07-2006, 02:43 AM
I think I have just started a cottage industry here. Kev you are right about not making a difference blaming beattie, he is a polly and is made of teflon. I work at a hospital and over the last 12 years I have seen things go from bad to bloody disguisting.

Kel

bidkev
29-07-2006, 09:39 AM
I think I have just started a cottage industry here. Kev you are right about not making a difference blaming beattie, he is a polly and is made of teflon. I work at a hospital and over the last 12 years I have seen things go from bad to bloody disguisting.

Kel

Agreed mate, but honestly, it's still miles ahead of the UK. The deckie came back here because she felt that she couldn't nurse appropriately in the UK. Courses that she had been waiting for years to attend in the UK were readily available the instant she entered Qld Health. She learned more in her first 2 yrs here than she did in 8yrs in the UK........she was taking a Grad Dip in health promotion within 3 months of arriving here.

We may have seen a decline here, but it is still streets ahead of many European health care systems.

The moment they stoopped traing nurses on the ward and took them into Uni, was the moment they created all sorts of problems from the nursing perspective. That's not to say that the Uni based training doesn't have merit as it is implemnted here also, but when some poor little bugger fresh from school embarks on over 3 yrs of study and then gets the reality shock of night shifts when all his/her mates are out partying, then the training is redundant.......the poor buggers don't know what hit them and many simply drop out once they get the reality check of the shiftwork.

That's one reason for the shortage of staff but the main reason is simply a lack of funding...even if they got the funding though, would that attract more (dedicated) staff or would the funding simply be taken from other areas of the health care system as is so often the case?

Let's hope the gov't listen to the health care professionals and not simply the managers and bureaucrats before they pump in our tax dollars..if they ever do :-/

kev

gawby
29-07-2006, 02:56 PM
I would like to put in my two bobs worth here.
About 20 mths ago now i had open heart surgery at the P.A. Hospital in Brisbane and i had the best treatment anyone could get. From the start of the visits to the cardiologist to the meetings with the surgeon and the preop proceedures to the operation and the care from the most professional ward 3c staff you couldn't ask for more.
Back to hospital 3 times after the op as things went wrong and the best treatment again.
A big HI and thankyou to the boys in the Qld Rescue Chopper stationed at Archerfield. I do not remember much of being put in the chopper nor the flight but without you guys i would have probably been dead. SO THANKS VERY MUCH if you see this on here.
Let me comment on the Qld Gov. Better i dont.
Got a bit off track from ausfish stickers but dosn't matter.
Graeme ;)