PDA

View Full Version : Where are you???

Herm
17-05-2006, 12:48 AM
I know this has probably been done a thousand times before, but as a new member I am interested to find out where people are from!

Maybe just - where you are from and where you normally fish, no specifics of course! :D (unless you want! ;))

If it has been done before recently, can someone just put up the link to the old thread? #Sorry to rehash old ideas.

We have recently moved to Birkdale, near Welllington Point

:)Janine

blaze
17-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Hi Janine
done before and also in every bodys profile if they care to put it there.
Me
Smithton Tassie which is on the farnorwest.
Fish all the surrounding island, odd trip to the east coast gamefishing and as many interstate trips as I can get away with.
cheers
blaze

aussiefool
17-05-2006, 04:11 AM
G'day herm,
me I'm sitting at the comp, and I tend to fish in the water somewhere ;D

sorry from Chinderah and fish the tweed area

el_carpo
17-05-2006, 04:52 AM
Other side of the planet. ;D

FISH_mad_POM
17-05-2006, 04:56 AM
still sitting at my desk in the office in brackley, UK ( 50miles west of london)
going out to wet the lines tomorrow though for a couple of days in the bivvy

TheSaint
17-05-2006, 05:10 AM
The coast with Gold.. & all over it!!

BobbyJ123
17-05-2006, 05:29 AM
Just 50 km north of Mackay, overlooking the southern end of the Whitsundays.....

bungie
17-05-2006, 05:59 AM
Nice bait you got there el_carpo :) ::)

bushbeachboy
17-05-2006, 06:53 AM
The Burdekin.

el_carpo
17-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Nice bait you got there el_carpo :) ::)

;D Those are actually pretty decent sized yellow perch. Tiny, but they are very yummy. Probably one of the most sought after species in the region....................bet it makes you guys even happier to be Australian aye? ;D ;D ;D

Now you know just how lucky you Australian fisho ba....rds are! and why I'm so jealous and live vicariously through your posts here on Ausfish! ;D

No barramundi here! :'( Plenty of carp though!................that's just depressing. ;D

P.S. Sorry about the "b....rds" bit Ausfishers. I don't mean it (the face of jealousy is ugly indeed and when you start out with my face....YIKES!) ;D. Just had to vent a little............yes, there's plenty of carp here................carp................"urban barramundi".................."rubber lipped menaces".................not barra................not cod................not aussie bass..............not those yellow belly things................certainly not any salt water fish.....................no lobsters.......................plenty of carp though..................hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmph !

Sorry, just sort of rambling on whinging to myself there. I'm going to check out the reports sections now! Wish me luck! ;D

EC --catcher of tiny Illinois fish. ;D

aussiefool
17-05-2006, 07:41 AM
El Carpo..... at least you are a Bears fan [smiley=laola.gif]

Jekyll
17-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Not far from you at all Herm.

I'm at Alexandra Hills :)

Horrie
17-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Thornlands.....nice and close to VMR Victoria Point ::) ::) ::)

Horrie

rodbender
17-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Maryborough i fish hervey bay

snakecatcher
17-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Sunshine coast but will fish anywhere given the chance

Jeremy
17-05-2006, 09:37 AM
from Brisbane, favourite spot is Caloundra's close reefs.

Jeremy

BrandonH
17-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Hi Janine! Welcome ;)

I am from Brisbane north and fish the pine river, cabbage tree creek as well as the close reefs in the northern bay around Redcliffe. I get up to Noosa quite a bit but haven't really figured it out yet :'( I might have to ask someone from Ausfish to come out with me one weekend and show me where all the fish are hiding!! Lol. I also do a fair bit of beach fishing for taylor from Morten and DI when i can!!

tight lines.

Brandon.

bigmack
17-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Welcome - Im here on the Sunshine Coast at Mooloolaba. We fish most of the close reefs from Arkwright Shoals at Coolum, the Blinker, The Gneerings, The Lump, Currimundi Close, Wide, Wider, Raper Shoals and have trolled everywher in between on occasions.

We have good fishing and we are lucky.

Phill

Argle
17-05-2006, 10:39 AM
G'day neighbour ;) Im in sunny downtown Capalaba just around the corner!! Fish the bay anywhere from Bribie to the Pin depending on weather conditions and where others are going. Usually launch from Manly cause the ramp at wello is a pain to launch and retreive from solo (i.e I dont like chips in my gelcoat) and when the wind gets up its pretty open . Have also been known to lurk around the Tweed from time to time. Hope to see you around give us a wave if you do! ;)

Cheers and beers
Scott

TinarooTriumph
17-05-2006, 10:49 AM
The Outback...

Well, close enough. Western Atherton Tablelands (Herberton/Wondecla).

Queenslander, of course ;D

GO DANNY GREEN. KNOCK THAT **** OUT!!!

TinarooTriumph 8-)

fishn-ads
17-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Brissie my whole 34 years JUST LUCKY I GUESS!! Fish the bay Nth/Sth coast Island yeah as said I' fish anywhere too.

El-Carpo
Yellow perch? never seen them before, we have Yellow belly (no reflection on us Australians I hope?)

Ads

el_carpo
17-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Aussiefool,

Yeah, I'm a Bears fan but that often gets depressing too. They stink! :P The bitterness of my carp rant is spilling over. ;D Thanks for trying to cheer me up and being optimistic though!

Fishn-ads,

Our yellow perch are pretty close to your red-fins from the pics I've seen on Ausfish. The first time I saw one, I thought it was a yellow perch.

As far as your concerns about about yellow bellies being a reflection on you Australians goes.........FEAR NOT! I've seen pics of your wild-life! I would never, ever call an Australian yellow under any but the most extreme of circumstances. I doubt I'd have the courage to even step outside my front door let alone get in the ocean with what you lot hang out with. It's all poisonous THIS and big teeth THAT over there! :o ;D

You Aussies are either the bravest or craziest breed of humans on the planet! So yeah, you can believe me when I say you'll never hear me call any of you or your countrymen or women (whom by the way are also braver than me...not to mention far easier on the eyes ;)) a coward.

Besides, if I ever made fun of "yellow bellies", you guys could make a lot more fun out of our "crappies" which, by the way, may just be the world's worst named fish. It's pronounced CRAH-pee, but there's not a person alive who would think so. Poor fish. You think you have problems? How'd you like to have to go through life with a name like crappie? Almost brings a tear to your eye.......until you think of the tit mouse or dung beetle. Then you just giggle. ;D

My ankle is finally healing (sprained or broke it or something three weeks ago) so I'll soon be able to spend more time fishing and less time thinking up things like this post. Hang in there everyone. The end is nigh! Then, I should be a more "Badger-like" rather than "Mr. Toad-like" individual.

*See "Wind in the Willows" for further details.*

Also, to get back to what the main point of this thread is about, it seems like most Ausfishers are from the Eastern and Southeastern section of the country. Is that right? In all this time, I've never really looked at a map for the towns, lakes, rivers and parts of the ocean that have been mentioned. Good idea for a thread! :)

Slider
17-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Teewah on the Noosa North Shore. Have got the world on my doorstep - if there were barra here I'd never leave.

mitch_05
17-05-2006, 05:49 PM
rockhampton. mostly fish the river but might need to go out to the islands and chase the mackerel soon ;)

nick1971
17-05-2006, 05:57 PM
I am from Townsville and a nomad a heart always try and fish different places. My next all aussie adventure may even even see me travel south abit to Peter Faust dam.

Cheers

Nick.

Darryl
17-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Russell island in #Moreton Bay. Fish all over the place bar around this Island.

Darryl.

Dobie_65
17-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Caboolture and I fish Passage and Caboolture river

GARFISH
17-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Deception Bay now, Fish mainly Bribie, caboolture river, passage and the pine. Odd trip to the Islands or bay am looking to do more of the latter now.

Formerly Bundy born, I still miss the VILLE

Blackened
17-05-2006, 07:15 PM
G'day
Chandler here on the southside of brisbane. Fish anywhere from hutchies to the pin. Sepending on what boat is at my disposal and who i'm goin with. Mainly fish the brissy river and green island.
Dave

Jono757
17-05-2006, 08:52 PM
hey bushbeachboy what is your name and where are you from i am also from the burdekin. i live in ayr.

HORTO
17-05-2006, 10:28 PM
hi, i'm currently in Beauty Point tasmania about 4 mins north of Beaconsfield.
fish (dive) mainly the east coast of tas. and Trout streams, lakes, dams. when in trout season.

when i'm not down here at uni, i spend most of my time around Coffs Harbour area.

catchy_fishy
18-05-2006, 05:41 AM
Johannesburg SA

Closest saltwater fishing is +/- 6 hours drive add two if towing a boat.

Makes me as jealous as my USA counterpart not being able to take part in Ausfish M+G's ;)

fishing1
18-05-2006, 06:21 AM
JUST NORTH OF MACKAY AT SEAFORTH. FISH ALL THE CLOSE ISLANDS AND REEFS.

gotya
18-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Victoria point where the beautiful Moreton Bay is my back yard!! ;D

Slient
18-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Brisbane in the Great South East (Qld)
I fish everywhere expect creeks in Brisbane :( Gee I live in wrong place but Forced to work in this place

Cheers
Silent

maztez
18-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Gidday Im Gold Coast and along with my son Brett (Brejen)and our deckie Adam(grandson) ;D fish the reefs off the seaway with the occasional trip up to the sunshine coast to the brother in laws and fish the banks cal-wide etc.Prior to this it was Darwin NT and spent a lot of time down the track fishing the east and south alligators ,hardys creek mary and adelaide and roper and daly and on and on rivers (phew)...really miss :'( my barra fishing so a trip to arrawonga dam on the cards next holidays .
cheers Terry ;D ;D

powderfingers
18-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Formerly from Durban, South Africa and have lived in USA, Ireland and England, now settled in Bargara Beach near Bundaberg- I fish rivers, lakes, beach, rocks everywhere!

Maria
18-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Wellington Point. I fish everywhere.

Benno

waykel
18-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Barnsley, Newcastle, N.S.W.
5 Minutes from the lake 20 minutes from the sea ;)

Stu
18-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Kippa-Ring for me.
Fish the northern bay and around the Cape and beyond.
;)

Eddy1
18-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Live in Toowoomba....developed Eddy Lures 25 years ago but sold it in 98 :(. Fished all over from Kununurra to Copeton Dam. My wife and I have just got back into fishing now the kids have finished sport...bought a 5.7 Freedom Sport and am loving it :D...been out about ten times in the last 5 weeks. Want to get out to the B Banks this weekend but the weather is a question.
My wife & I used to walk down to the sunken wall (brissy river) in the middle of the night back in the mid seventies. Not a good spot to be caught on a big tide, but great bream fishing at times. Every body needs a passion and fishin's mine. ... ed :) :) :)

southernson
18-05-2006, 07:19 PM
From gayndah (1hr n a 1/2 west of bundaberg. Fish the burnett river and noosa area a fair bit.
Cheers

scott_b
18-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Gday
I'm From Inverell northern NSW , fish for cod in the local rivers and dams. Hears one of the rivers I have to put up with!!!.
Also try to get up to one of the barra dams once or twice a year.
wamjam

Huggy_B
18-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Burbs of Western Australia. Have fished many places north and south along this great coast.

land_based
18-05-2006, 11:37 PM
Most of the time I'm at North Brisbane, the rest of the time I'm at Woodford. I fish redcliffe and brisbane river msot of the time, but frequent sandgate, cabbage tree creek, nudgee beach, etc.

mcsalty
19-05-2006, 08:31 AM
8-)....live in caloundra....half way between the pub and the beach.... :-/ :-/ :-/

bushbeachboy
19-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Hey Jono 757,
I'm in Brandon. Just moved here. What a top spot. I'll pm you my number.
Cheers mate,
Craig

Louis
19-05-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm a Wynnum boy born and bred.

Lived in Wynnum all my life.

Good place to live but the fishing ain't what it used to be.

Louis

tiges
19-05-2006, 03:04 PM
I live on the Sunny Coast. Recently sold my house at Kawana, and am soon moving to a house and bit of land I bought up at Lake Macdonald, near Cooroy. Staying at my father in laws at Mt Mellum (near Landsborough) at the moment, while I wait for my tenants to either find somewhere else or their lease runs out (end of Aug). Absolutely stinging to get there. Here's a pic of the view from my yard.

kingcobe
19-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Me and dad(kingtin) are located in brisbane and we usually fish in moreton bay, offshore at cape moreton, hutchies reef and brennons reef and the odd time we fish at the pin when we go camping.

Jay Jay

richieboy
19-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey mate. I'm also a Wynnum boy, thru and thru. Previously from PNG (the land of the Fuzzy Wuzzies you blokes) before coming to Australia to get an education. Fish all around Brisbane as well as both coasts, but why would I travel to far when I'v got the beautiful Morteon Bay at my doorstep.
Got a 12ft tinny for in close but I love my landbased stuff just as much!
Cheers.
Rich ;)

slugo
19-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Welcome Herm... I Live and fish at port stephens just north of newcastle mainly estury, river and beach fishing (stocton beach)...

But I do manage to sneak up north and over the border 3-4 times a year to burrum heads.

Len

rossco
19-05-2006, 09:02 PM
roma qld,fish anywhere. time & distance are my main enemy.

cheers
rossco

seatime
19-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi

live in brissy and usually fish around amity and offshore from sth passage,

kingcobe
19-05-2006, 09:19 PM
This post has only been up for three days and it already has 53 posts on thats lots for three days.

Jay Jay

Gazza.Boyne
19-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Boyne Island, central QLD, overlook Bray Park & Facing Island

Gazza

familyman
19-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Central coast nsw near scenic ;Dbudgewoi and I fish anywhere I can get a fish! Going to spend more time in the hawkesbury from now on after a few good runs on live chopper tailor,pulled knots ,broken line,generally too disorganised :'( oh well good to have you and your family on here Janine,good place to learn and be entertained as well ;D
cheers jon

Craigus
19-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Formerly from Durban, South Africa
Now Shailer Park, brisbane southside/logan

I fish anywhere I can, but it is mainly the southside and goldcoast

Craig

ancienttinnie
19-05-2006, 10:07 PM
From Jimboomba, have boat will travel!

wayne_cook
20-05-2006, 12:59 AM
live on lake macquarie largest saltwater lake southern hem.
Mainly fish ocean nelson bay area and seals.try to get away further north a few times a year .If i can find 1 i,ll post a pic of paradise.
nice to read were u guys are from.

rossramage
20-05-2006, 05:57 AM
townsville anywhere my tinny will take me.

wayne_cook
20-05-2006, 01:16 PM
live on lake macquarie largest saltwater lake southern hem.
Mainly fish ocean nelson bay area and seals.try to get away further north a few times a year .If i can find 1 i,ll post a pic of paradise.
nice to read were u guys are from.

waykel
20-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Nice picture brrbear. Is that wangi. ;)

ozkat
20-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Nerang QLD . That makes me a Nerangatang ;) Ill fish anywhere but try to avoid the Broardwater at all costs unless just going offshore.

wayne_cook
20-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi waykel head south from wangi around pulba when u hit diamond drill bluff
head west tailor bay.
It's looking between cams and nords wharf
Cheers bear

Heno
21-05-2006, 11:49 PM
live in Townsville and work allows me to travel/fish from Cooktown to Gympie. Spoilt??? hmmm.... maybe, just a little.

Ozwald
22-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Sri Lanka at the moment ( no decent fishing to be had, ban on outboards over 25hp as the the Tamil Tigers use them to power boats that attack the Sri Lankan navy on suicide missions) then to Laos until the end of June ( Giant Mekong Catfish, hard to catch and a bit sluggish on the line given their weight however the really big ones can pull; not that I've managed to catch one) and then back home to Brisvegas and some proper fishing!

wayne_cook
27-05-2006, 09:58 PM
A pic from a diff perspective,

fishin_till_late
28-05-2006, 10:25 AM
I live in Bilambil up behind Tweed heads and mainly fish the tweed river and the terranora lakes which is about a 2 minute walk down the road. Good spot 2 live with some good fish around.

icey
28-05-2006, 02:08 PM
okok newbee here ..

Staples/Brainerd,Minnesota U.S.A

Dannyboy
28-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Home of the yellowfin tuna Narooma.

longtail
28-05-2006, 03:31 PM
hi Janine ,

me i'm at woodridge , logan . i fish wherever really :-/

anywhere between the goldy coast and sunny coast .

used to live in hervey bay moved down here about 18months ago and i really miss the fishing in the bay' , try to get back up there as often as possible .

cheers
jason

theoldlegend
28-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Birkdale.

TOL

Lucky_Phill
28-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Currently working/ living in Agnes Water,

Live in Hervey Bay only as from last year, before then

Brisvegas !

Fish....................where my Nissan or tinnie takes me !

Cheers Phill

Gbanger
28-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Coorparoo in Brissie, used to live at runaway bay down the goldie, work in southport...

have been fishing offshore gold coast, but have a new tow vehicle now so will be changing fishing locations to the bay and sunny coast...

Herm
28-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Hey - TheOldLegend!

You could be my neighbour! ;)

Janine :)

wayneoro
29-05-2006, 07:03 AM
port bundy real close to river and ocean like to fish wide

preso
30-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Just sth of you Meadowbrook on the lovely Logan river :-/

cabfisher
31-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Hi All I live at Caboolture Like to fish Caboolture River & North Reef at Scarbough & the bay when it is safe to do so for my 3.6 meter Tinny I need help with getting the trailor out of garage Launching & Retrving washing and putting it back in garage so if anyone that lives near by would like to help me and come fishing .
Please P.M. me
Cheers Harry

Mick
31-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Bowen, North Qld

major-defect
31-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Mission Beach fish the family group of islands and the local rivers and like to explore new fishing spots.

seajay39
31-05-2006, 07:31 PM
g'day
i'm from bundaberg.mostly fish the estuary and chase bass out at lake gregory.

bramsay
31-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Hi Janine Sydney,mainly fish local but have been up as far as Gladstone 16hrs drive with trailer

B00NY
31-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi all i,m at Clontarf i fish the around the peninsula to mooloolabar

cheers David

freddyboy
01-06-2006, 01:53 AM
hello all im from whyalla south australia ,,, we mainly fish for snapper this way... cheers fred

firefish
01-06-2006, 11:16 AM
From Wodonga on the VIC-NSW Border.
Fish the Murray for Cod and Crays, Lake
Hume for Red Fin and the Mitta Mitta and
Little Snowy for Trout and any dam in the
area for a feed of Yabbies [smiley=fireman.gif]

fishlady
04-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Gove NT and fish anywhere there's water as its all full a fish round here. Wessels, English Companys and Brombys are favorite spots.

wrip109
04-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey El carpo

You should see the carp in Queensland. I fish for them with 2kilo line and size 12 hook and they come up to 10 kilo very often.

I also see guys fishing for them using bow and arrows. They fight like hell (the fish not the archers) beats the hell out of the fishing near Liverpool were I was in a previous life.

Phil

saphire
04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Logan City is where I hang out.
All the best,
saphire.

el_carpo
05-06-2006, 01:12 AM
wrip109,

They do get big. That's for sure and they fight good too. Their popularity is growing as a sportfish. I enjoy carp fishing a lot (though barra fishing sounds better ;)). Sounds like you prefer light gear for them. 2kg is about 4 pound I think? (math was not my best subject ;D). You're a skilled fisherman! Landing a 20 pound bruiser of a fish on 4 pound test line is no simple feat!

We have bow fishers over here too. They shoot the common carp but right now they mainly are after an invasive species called the asian big head carp and silver carp. They have gotten loose and are taking over our river systems. The big fear is that they will get beyond the electric barrier and get into the Great Lakes. They get to massive sizes. 100 pounds! :o They are dangerous too. When you go near them in a boat, they get scared and start jumping wildly. Wouldn't it be fun to get hit in the face with a 100 pound carp while scooting around in your fishing boat? OUCH! ;D They're filter feeders too so you can't really catch them on hook and line. You'd need an awfully small hook to bait a piece of plankton. :-/

You're from Liverpool? That's cool! Home of the Beatles right? Is there good fishing in England? What did you mostly catch there? I hear about the carp, trout and pike. Are there other species that fishermen and women chase?

rossco
05-06-2006, 05:36 AM
roma qld, anywhere closer to water would be better.

marlinqld
05-06-2006, 05:38 AM
Hi herm

Alexandra Hills here.
Almost neighbours to you.
I fish the bay alot, brisbane river.

Just bought a 5.1mt Ally Craft centre console with 75hp mariner, so starting to branch off shore and across ro Moreton etc. Pm me mate, maybe we can catch up and have a beer or fish together.

cheers
mike

wrip109
05-06-2006, 07:13 AM
El Carpo

I was in England upto the late 60's and I think it might be a lot better now. In the 50's and 60's the best fishing was in Ireland, which is only a quick boat trip from Liverpool. My target species was pike although my personal record was only seven pounds.

In Queensland I target Bass, Yellowbelly and Tilapia. Carp are a bit like catfish - great fun but not all the time. You can actually see the carp swimming all round you in the shallow rivers just a few miles West of where I live.

I have always done ok fishing for Bass and Yellowbelly; length wise I have landed 55 cms of each (Yes I know I keep switching from Imperial to metric).

This year I have caught almost nothing, just the odd yellowbelly or baby bass. Must the the low water levels causing the fish to move away from the known good spots. I can't even find them on my sounder.

Tilapia are good to catch. They take all my skills as an angler to catch them and land them on light line. For me they are the best fighting fish in the world for their size(Up to 5 pounds).

Shame, but they have been declared a noxious fish in Australia. There are all kinds of rules that have to be followed. I hate killing ANY fish but laws are laws.

Phil

jack_attacks
05-06-2006, 12:21 PM
From Redcliffe, and fish easturies around the area, in the bay, and outside.
Matt

maddog71
05-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Gday all
Live in Galston, north west Sydney

Fish, Anywhere from Berowra Waters, Hawkesbury and Brisbane waters,
Soon to start venturing up to inland dams like Glenbawn and always interested in any good spots around these areas.
Cheers,MD

Got_the_Fever
16-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi all

Im from Redcliffe, I spent years as a kid fishing around here and down the pin with my dad. I finally bought my first boat a few weeks ago and now im looking forward to learning about fishing for all the ones I never got a chance at, snapper jew and just experiencing life again. I spent a long time away from what I love and it is time to get the passion back. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Kel

Ally_Jack
17-06-2006, 06:31 PM
G'day all
Live in Gladstone, Qld. Came here for a 3 month job, been here 9 years

Fish the harbour, narrows and creeks and rivers, starting to fish outside with some other mates, going as far as 4.5mtr tinnie allows

Also fish at Awoonga, can't stop chasing a bigger barra.

Jase.

eggbeater
17-06-2006, 07:32 PM
G'day im in Caloundra & fish the close reefs of Mooloolaba.

MattyDucati
18-07-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm in Bunbury WA at the moment, off to Gove NT soon, Grew up in Giru just south of Townsville QLD.
Iz just gota get a boat for Gove ;D

shayned
19-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Good old pine rivers and will fish anywhere I can get to. A fair bit around the pine river and redcliffe/ scarborough areas though.

Homer_Jay
19-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Golden Beach Caloundra........ Just dont get enough time away from work to enjoy it!

Fishing_Widow
19-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Now living at Canungra. Moved down at the start of the year with work from Darwin. Don't do much fishing. Liked fishing up in the NT when it wasn't too hot. Fished Darwin Harbour, Bynoe Harbour and Corroboree Billabong. Don't fish as much down here as I am stuck to weekends and there is sooooooo much boat traffic down the Gold Coast.

Hopefully going back to Darwin at the end of next year. Other half will be happy ;D ;D

Nomes

tiges
19-07-2006, 01:29 PM
We finally moved into our new place last week. Mentioned it, it an earlier post. For those that missed it, a house with a big shed and a pool, on 3.7 acres. Overlooking Lake Macdonald on the Sunshine coast, I'm happy as Larry. Here's the view from the front yard.

Joe_N
19-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Sunshine Coast

Big_Ren
19-07-2006, 10:38 PM
At Kawana Island on the Sunny Coast so offshore Mooloolaba is home turf for me.

Cheers
Paul

lock
20-07-2006, 02:14 AM
Cork city Ireland at the moment

Scalem
20-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Hi Janine,

Loganholme - when we moved to this location fishing wasn't the main reason for settling here, but short of living on a canal, this is glorious! It's 5 mins to S/E freeway, so I can go either direction, Gold or Sunshine coast. 10 mins to Carbrook boat ramp on the Logan river. 20 mins to Victoria point, and about 30 mins to Manly boat harbour. I'd say I am pretty central to anything on the south side 8-)

Scalem

sonocam
20-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Northside of Brisbane, Albany Creek.

Bundy_Burp
20-07-2006, 06:19 PM
I think my username might be enough of a hint to my location . 8-)

dop
20-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi Janine
Live at Rochdale South,fish around the Broadwater,launch boat at Jacobs Well
Regards Peter

Hornblower
20-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Hey Herm,

I fish the Gold Coast, Southern Bay, and at times Fraser, oh and one trip to the Cape and never caught a thing off the wharf at Seisa -(I Must be the only person never to have caught a fish up there) but I don't think that counts. ;D ;D ;D

fishin_till_late
20-07-2006, 09:25 PM
I live in Bilambil Heights, up behind Tweed heads and mainly fish the tweed river. The teranora inlet is just a short stroll down the road and i often get on my pushbike and fish landbased there. Good living so close to the water. Here's a pic from my back varanda.

fishin_till_late
20-07-2006, 09:26 PM
oops forgot the pic. :-[

tunaman
20-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Queensland Australia.

signed tunaman ;)

marlinqld
21-07-2006, 05:23 AM
God's Country... Redland shire by the Bay.

DNO40
21-07-2006, 06:15 AM
Toolooa Bends - Gladstone - Central Queensland.

Fish wherever and whenever I can.

DNO

tincanpeter
21-07-2006, 04:52 PM
I now live at Tin Can Bay (paradise). Fish the sandy straits.
Lived at St George for awhile, closed off a boredrain for delving (clean out) after the delver went through there were at least a dozen carp none under 18 inches plus dozens of small ones. The boredrain was about 3foot wide and 12 inches deep.

tunaman
21-07-2006, 05:04 PM
tunaman lives at cooloola cove, the best place on the planet!

signed tunaman ;)

Scalem
22-07-2006, 08:16 AM
I live in Bilambil Heights, up behind Tweed heads and mainly fish the tweed river. #The teranora inlet is just a short stroll down the road and i often get on my pushbike and fish landbased there. #Good living so close to the water. #Here's a pic from my back varanda.

Mate, nice spot. You would have to target wild bass from your location wouldn't you?

Scalem

Dory4.1
22-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Hi All

I'm at Hamilton on the northside of Brisbane, I fish around the mouth of the Brisbane river, because its close to home.

Cheers
Michael

theoldlegend
22-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Marlin Mike,

g'day mate. :)

I believe you're not too far from me. Alex Hills vs Birkdale. I'm in Barron Road. Just look out for the Tactical Response Squad.

TOL

marlinqld
22-07-2006, 06:09 PM
cheers TOL, must have a drink with you one day.i sent you a PM mate

Mike

Herm
22-07-2006, 07:06 PM
There seems to be a few of us all living around the same area, Birkdale. Alex Hills, Capalaba, Thornside

Maybe a drink could be on the cards! ;)

Janine

marlinqld
22-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Sounds like a plan Herm..........the redlands chapter of Ausfish ;D

BlitzBaga
23-07-2006, 11:36 AM
This post has been around in the past and was popular back then. I am from Ipswich (don't hold that against me). It's 1hr to Somerset, 1hr to Moogerah and 1hr to the Gold Coast but it's 6 and a half hrs to Awoonga :(

Cheers
Murray

alsere_42
23-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi im in cairns and i will fish where ever???

fishin_till_late
23-07-2006, 08:53 PM
I live in Bilambil Heights, up behind Tweed heads and mainly fish the tweed river. #The teranora inlet is just a short stroll down the road and i often get on my pushbike and fish landbased there. #Good living so close to the water. #Here's a pic from my back varanda.

Mate, nice spot. #You would have to target wild bass from your location wouldn't you?

Scalem

There's a couple of creeks up behind there where the picture is, allthough it's still saltwalter, good crabbin though;D. I have heard of bass up in the upper reaches and i am dying to give it a go soon. It is a good spot though, 10 min drive to town :)

Deiter
23-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Another from Alex Hills, 5mins to the wet stuff and i don't think i could stand to move further away than that. i love being close to the water, makes those spontaneous fishing trips a breeze.

on the topic of a Redlands M&G, i think it would be a great idea to meet up for a beer or whatever, put faces to the names etc. Hogan's, Finn McCools, Herm's place for a BBQ ;D ;D (you did start this thread janine ;)) whatever, i'm easy....not cheap, but i'm easy. ;)

damo

mowerman
23-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Another one from Alex Hills.
Been in the area over 30 years. Not a house between Capalaba and Cleveland back then.

I saw a photo a while back of the floods in 52 or 53 when a cyclone crossed land in northern NSW. This photo showed the Sands hotel at Cleveland.
For anyone here from Raby Bay, The high tide and the storm surge had the water level at the bottom step at the back of the Sands.

Hows your flood insurance.

Herm
23-07-2006, 09:56 PM
WOW! :D

I am amazed with the response to this thread! #It was one of the first ones that I put up and just hoped that not too many members would think I was a tosser for asking such a question! :) #I thought that it had dropped off the face of the boards a while ago - only to pop back up again now! :) #I think that some of the new members can find something like this thread interesting to find out where the other members are located! #And, in my case, see what others are catching close by to me and tormenting me by showing what I am unable to catch!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Considering I seem to be unable to catch a decent fish these days :( #Maybe (god forbid! :-? :-?) a non-fishing #:o based Meet and Greet :-/??????

Would love to meet up with members and as Damo said "put some faces to names" whether it be "at Herm's place for a BBQ" or elsewhere - let's see how much interest we can raise! :D

And :D :D :DTHANK YOU :D :D :Deveryone for posting!!! #

I know that in the original post I said that I was sure "that this has probably been done a thousand times before" so I thank you all for spending the time to add to this thread!

Cheers

S_Bend
23-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Janine, great to see you generated a bit of interest. I'm Eatons Hill - Northside Brisbane. 1/2 hour to the boat ramp but that's not too bad. Fish the Northern Bay and beyond.

Scalem
24-07-2006, 09:58 AM

Mate, nice spot. #You would have to target wild bass from your location wouldn't you?

Scalem

There's a couple of creeks up behind there where the picture is, allthough it's still saltwalter, good crabbin though;D. #I have heard of bass up in the upper reaches and i am dying to give it a go soon. #It is a good spot though, 10 min drive to town :)

Really? You have not tried it? I would give a guarantee, in writing that the upper reaches have nice bass, I did it with a mate in his canoe a couple of years ago. Explosive surface hits on one particular lure that I witnessed..... Buy yourself a Kokoda Cicada in natural colour and fish late afternoon. Awsome fun! I am only jealous I don't live there, I would go almost every weekend.

Good luck!

Scalem

skippa
24-07-2006, 03:46 PM
WOW! :D

I am amazed with the response to this thread! #It was one of the first ones that I put up and just hoped that not too many members would think I was a tosser for asking such a question! :) #I thought that it had dropped off the face of the boards a while ago - only to pop back up again now! :) #I think that some of the new members can find something like this thread interesting to find out where the other members are located! #And, in my case, see what others are catching close by to me and tormenting me by showing what I am unable to catch!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Considering I seem to be unable to catch a decent fish these days :( #Maybe (god forbid! :-? :-?) a non-fishing #:o based Meet and Greet :-/??????

Would love to meet up with members and as Damo said "put some faces to names" whether it be "at Herm's place for a BBQ" or elsewhere - let's see how much interest we can raise! :D

And :D :D :DTHANK YOU :D :D :Deveryone for posting!!! #

I know that in the original post I said that I was sure "that this has probably been done a thousand times before" so I thank you all for spending the time to add to this thread!

Cheers

Janine,

It is amazing how many Aushfishers there are in the Redlands. I'm down the southern end of the Redlands now, but lived in Birkdale and Capalaba for over 20 years.

A local M&G sounds good, who knows we probably walk past one another in the shopping centres without even knowing it .... ::) yes it would be good to put some faces to names ;)

I'm easy, fishing or non fishing m&g, BBQ at your place Janine ::) (if ya trust us ;D) or maybe some drinks at Hogan's Wello ... fish and BBQ at Peel?? ... fish and BBQ at Raby Bay?? ... fish and BBQ at Wello??

I've been to few M&G's and met some really great people, so what ever sounds best for you guys, I'll definately join if I can.

Over to you Janine .... and no your NOT a Tosser ;)

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

marlinqld
24-07-2006, 04:01 PM
count me in 3 mins to raby bay wello or the sands... let me know and ill be there

marlinqld
24-07-2006, 04:05 PM
why not a non fishing bbq by the bay,....kids can run and play.......wello is nice, to the right on the southern side of the ramp. lotsa room,

whatever is the popular opinion, i'm in.

Argle
24-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Yep I'd be up for a Redlands M & G for sure :) BBQ at Wello or Raby Bay or drinks at Hogans or the Sands not fussed but would be great to meet up with some local Ausfishers

Cheers and Beers
Scott

theoldlegend
24-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Might be an idea to hold it on neutral ground: if it were held at somebody's house, then that somebody would probably be forced by the neighbours to leave the neighbourhood.

Just my thoughts.

TOL

JasonT
24-07-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm at Brighton (QLD).
I usually launch from Clontarf or Scarborough and fish Redcliffe, Pumicestone Passage, and the Pine river.
I have the Ausfish stickers (in red), and my 3.75 Cody is named "Sea~Puppy"
Say Hi if you're out and about!

Jason

skippa
24-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Yeah TOL,

Netural ground sounds good. I only suggested BBQ at Janine's 'tongue in cheek' as I thought she mentioned it on an earlier post.

We had a family m&g at Peel earlier on this year and it turned out a great day. Doesn't bother me where either, fishing or non fishing.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

pipebender
29-07-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm at Cleveland, and would be stoked to meet the redlands chapter, seems like it's just a where and when?

hussy
29-07-2006, 08:17 PM
here on bribie . hubby

dhabidiver
03-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Abu Dhabi...but I'll be swanning around the Whitsundays come November;D

Black_Rat
03-08-2007, 09:07 PM
At Kedron for the moment renting :(

I have had my offer on a house accepted tonight !:laola:

Now I am moving North from where I am. Over the Hornibrook :) :-X

The boat ramp is only 3 mins away ! ;D ;D ;D

mickstar001
04-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Seventeen Mile rocks (near Jindalee).

Mickstar

chillihead
04-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Tintenbar. ....Northern NSW,:D

10 k's north of Ballina. :)

Cheers Chillihead. ;)

Chas & Clarry
04-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Hey Janine

Looks like your thread has come back to life for a second time ;), I wonder if you have noticed ?? Great to read where people are from.

We are from Pine Rivers and tend to fish out of Shorncliffe or on the Pine River locally. If we go North its Caloundra or Noosa, if we go south it is the Pin.

We've got easy access to the Scarborough Reefs and Brissy River but am embarrassed to say that inspite of being so close, we've only started to explore them since joining Ausfish:-/ ...but we're having fun doing that now...definite case of better late than never:) !!

C&C

mally
05-08-2007, 05:48 AM
hi, i,m from bethania southside,fish anywhere i can.originally from PNG,hey richieboy what part of png u from WANTOK?

breamnut
05-08-2007, 07:48 AM
tweed river

Synful
05-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Yup!!!

Been done to death in another thread :-/

Me, northern beaches of Cairns (Kewarra beach).

turtleshead
05-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Gladstone here, but soon to be Cairns.

mangomick
08-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Now you know just how lucky you Australian fisho ba....rds are! and why I'm so jealous and live vicariously through your posts here on Ausfish! ;D

No barramundi here! :'( Plenty of carp though!................that's just depressing. ;D

P.S. Sorry about the "b....rds" bit Ausfishers. I don't mean it (the face of jealousy is ugly indeed and when you start out with my face....YIKES!) ;D. Just had to vent a little............yes, there's plenty of carp here................carp................"urban barramundi".................."rubber lipped menaces".................not barra................not cod................not aussie bass..............not those yellow belly things................certainly not any salt water fish.....................no lobsters.......................plenty of carp though..................hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmph !

Sorry, just sort of rambling on whinging to myself there. I'm going to check out the reports sections now! Wish me luck! ;D

EC --catcher of tiny Illinois fish. ;D

Plenty of Carp and George Bush....How lucky can one man be:'( :'(
Down here we wear the badge of B...tards with honour;D

mangomick ...............Gladstone...The freshwater Barra capital of Oz