PDA

View Full Version : foiled

Dignity
29-07-2006, 04:02 PM
After somebody stole the hitch pin back at easter time and was probably trying to steal the tow bar attachment as well I bought one of those lockable ones. It is made to suit a variety of sized towbars and uses a pin to stop it from rattling on the the smaller sizes. Seems someone was going to have a another go - the anti rattle pin is missing but guess these low life hadn't seen a lockable hitch pin before so I still have my towbar. Getting too bloody common.

sam

JasonT
29-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi!
I don't know the circumstances involved (ie was a trailer attached?)
I can only suggest you try what has worked for me and that is to never have the towball on the car unless you're towing something. It can be a bit of a pain, but having a canopy on my dual cab gives me a lockable convenient place to keep it...
Out of sight out of mind!

Jason

PS: I have a hitch pin lock and a lock to secure the trailer to the ball when needing to leave it unattended!

Dignity
30-07-2006, 10:44 AM
no trailer attached - think somebody is just trying to steal the hitch - last time the small bolt that stops it from rattling was all that stopped them - or they were disturbed - just annoying low lives out there

sam