PDA

View Full Version : WEBCAM

ON-THE-CHEW
31-07-2006, 04:36 AM
I was land based fishing off the tweed bar wall on saturday, (to big a swell to go out) and was amazed how many people got to just inside the bar about to cross it and turned back and went home as it was too messy. #

Why doesn't someone get a webcam mounted at the front of the tweed bar and the seaway bar, so people can view the conditions before they get there. #This would have a number of benefits.

*Number one people's safety.
*A lot of people travel a long way to cross the seaway or tweed bars and a lot of travel time could be saved if rough conditions could be seen before departure.
*It could be used as a means of people watching others crossing the #bars under different circumstances to gain local knowledge of the area.
*It might save someone crossing the bar when the conditions aren't great, just because they have already travelled a long way to get there.
*People can start to get an idea of what conditions, (tide, wind and swell) have effect on the bars without even leaving their home.

I only suggested these two bars as they are very busy bars, with a lot of smaller boats using them. #These two bars are also known as "easy bars to cross", but can turn nasty just as quickly as any other.

ON-THE-CHEW
<")>< #<")>< #<")><

aussiefool
31-07-2006, 04:52 AM
Mate there is

http://www.coastalwatch.com.au/contents/default2.aspx

just use the drop down box

hussy
31-07-2006, 09:00 AM
why dont the people listen to the weather before going ,to just inside the bar , then going back home? if they go to the trouble of fuelling up getting bait,food etc, why not check the weather as well. instead of (she,ll be right, no worries) then getting there and changing mind. i,m sure most of them wouldnt ,check conditions on there computers as well as the radio, (she,ll be right no worries). hubby

Archer
31-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeh because these days its so hard to check the conditions between all the Web cams, radio, TV Internet...... :o

iank
31-07-2006, 07:12 PM
And the weather people get it right!!!
Cheers Ian