PDA

View Full Version : Update on Touchy Wood

Jonno
30-07-2006, 04:28 PM
To all of Touchy's friends, My name is Nerrida Wood and I am Jonno's wife. I thought I would let you know about the latest update on Touchy. He is still in ICU at the PA hospital. He has developed an aneurysm in the aorta the main artery that runs from your heart to your legs. That has been bleeding internally for the last 2 days and he has gone in for emergency surgery at 2pm today to try and repair the damage. The doctor believes that he may not come out of surgery. We all certainly hope that he will make it out of surgery. I will let you all know the outcome of the surgery.
Thanks
Nerrida :(

Great_White
30-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Hello Nerrida

Our prayers and best wishes are with you and your family!

Peter and Janine

bidkev
30-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Our thoughts are with Touchy and family, and with you, Jonno and Nerrida.

kev and Bridget

outsiderskip
30-07-2006, 05:59 PM
our prayers go with u nerrida
know how u feel
only it was me in trouble

pete

Jonno
30-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Dear all,

I have just heard from Jonno and amazingly he has pulled through. It was not an aneurysm but a pocket of blood from somewhere - the doctors don't know where. He came out of surgery at 5.00pm. He is now stable. He is one lucky man!

Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes. It means a lot to Touchy and his family!

Regards
Nerrida ;D :)

Darryl
30-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Man Touchy is one strong fella, good onya Touchy as the saying goes, you cant keep a good man down.....

All the best to ya.

Darryl.

jim_farrell
30-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Still thinking of you touchy.

Sportfish_5
30-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Good news - Hes a tough cookie

Keep strong Fred

blaze
30-07-2006, 06:46 PM
hang in there touchy
thoughts are with you and your family
after thought
ya better get outa there soon, think of the stress ya causing those nurses
cheers
blaze

Bundy_Burp
30-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Heres wishing Touchy and his family and friends all the best during this hard time

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
30-07-2006, 08:35 PM
I've not met you Touchy, but I feel as though I've known you for ages through Ausfish. You hold your focus mate, and one day when we do meet I will be proud to shake your hand.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Wood family

Dave

aquarius
30-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the update Nerrida, My prayers are with Fred and family.

Brent

Big_Ren
30-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Fingers and everything else crossed that Touchy's condition keeps getting better.

Regards
Paul

warrior
30-07-2006, 09:21 PM
as reel nauti said dont know you personally but good luck and as all fishos do think possitivelly and thinkabout your next trip out in the boat it will bring you good vibes and help with the healing process.

Scalem
30-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi Nerrida,

I too, have not met touchy in person, but the relationship he has with the same person I buy my tackle, speaks volumes. If you speak with Touchy, tell him I relayed the message he was not well. He needs to pull through so he can get back to field testing all those new soft plastics!

My prayers are with you! ;)

Scalem

Nugget
31-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Hi Nerrida - pass on our best wishes to the old fella and also to Bev - hope she's holding up ok.
Can you let us know when (not if) Touchy comes out of ICU - a few of us would like to visit him.
They wouldn't let me in at ICU because I'm not family.

Thanks

Dave ><>

SCOTTYGC
31-07-2006, 09:43 AM
tough old barstard

they wont take him that easy

hang in there mate

scotty

puks
31-07-2006, 12:08 PM
thank you nerrida for hte update
it is time touchy bought a lottery ticket

its good to here that it wasnt an aneurysm and that he came out of surgery ok and stable

all my thoughts and wishes as well as GOTs go out to touchy and his family

all the best anya

roz
31-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Come on Fred, I havn't been able to catch up with you since last years River to Mud.

Hurry up and get well. We all want to see you back to your old loveable self.

Cheers Roz

longtail
31-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Hang in there Fred , our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thinking of you.

Jason and Family.