PDA

View Full Version : Where to fish???

fishers_daughter
29-07-2006, 01:35 PM
:-/ Can anyone offer some advice on a location dilemma ... my father's birthday is coming up, my sister and I want to send him somewhere where he can fish to his hearts content (beach fishing?) but we don't have a clue where! Now you would think that after 40 years as daughter of a super keen fisherman I 'd have some idea, but nope, not the foggiest! We live at Ningi (near Bribie) he has a small boat (no, no idea what type of boat ...it has a motor and a little protecty thingy!) #:D he generally fishes in the canal or on the beach ... and the freezer is usually full of whiting and flathead fillets - does that help? He likes it simple, and he's not as mobile as he used to be so rock climbing probably isn't a good idea ... apart from that, I'm a blank. As you are all obviously far more 'in the know' than I am, I was hoping someone could help me out! Thanks guys!

Dominator
29-07-2006, 01:54 PM
What about organising a day on a charter boat?

There are plenty around and then he can get stuck into some serious fish.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Dom

Alex9797
29-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Hey FD,

how about PT Lookout on north stradboke. Heaps of houses and units to rent. Not too expensive if you go out of peak times ie not school holidays. You don't need a 4x4 to get around and there is plenty to see and do if the fishing shuts down.

best of luck

Alex

Bundy_Burp
29-07-2006, 07:25 PM
If you have a 4wd you could always go camping at rainbow beach usually some good fishing this time of year .
Or maybe jump on the barge at redcliffe and go over to moreton island that is a really good place for camping and fishing .

Bundy 8-)

gunnabuild1
29-07-2006, 11:12 PM
If your already at Bribie and the freezer is already stocked with whiting and flathead fillets an offshore charter might be the go.Sorry I'm not much help but I'm intrigued,Whats a protector thingy?

Got_the_Fever
30-07-2006, 06:18 AM
As bundy mentioned about taking the barge over to moreton, why not take it a step further. The whole family go over for the weekend and have a party on the beach for him and for dinner you can cook up the efforts of his fishing. I couldnt imagine a better way to spend the weekend and have a fresh feed of fish.

Kel

fishers_daughter
31-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi gunnbuild1 ... the thingy is the piece of plastic at the front that stops you getting wet ... it has one of those, as opposed to a dinghy that doesn't :-? Can you tell i'm not very up-to-date on any of this? :-[ thanks for the advice so far guys ...it's great ..super helpful :) Actually, the whole site is great ... i just may join my DOD (dear old dad) when we arrange this birthday and see what this fishing thing is all about ... 8-) I presume a hip flask is a desired optional extra? ;)

Got_the_Fever
31-07-2006, 11:06 AM
I think that thingy might be the windsheild. Just a guess.

Kel

Sea-Dog
31-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Perhaps the "Plastic Thinggy" is the set of clears that go around the flybridge on Dad's Riviera ::)