31-07-2006, 12:04 PM
See the link below

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=62108

Cheers

Steven

madmix
31-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Had 2 adult whales and a calf go directly
underneath boat a couple of years back, very spooky.
16 ft boat anchored in 25m of water, 4 pob all hanging
on for grim death. They submerged about 100m off port side
and surfaced about 50m to starboard.
While it was an experience we will never forget, in future
I will be happy with dolphins.

cheers Mick

roz
31-07-2006, 02:30 PM
The men are locals from my area.... I live at Woolgoolga but launch my boat from Coffs.

I was out there one afternoon, and just happened to look over the side and wondered why the water had turned black, not realising there were three whales swimming under my boat. They surfaced not far from me.

I would consider that a close call, but personally think it's better dodging whales than having no whales to dodge.

On the other hand, everyone down here are hoping and praying the missing guys turn up safely.

roz

Big_unit
31-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah Whales are great, I hope the guys turn up safely.

On the topic of Whales, I was fishing last night just north of Wathumba Crk, northern Fraser Island. Just on dark a whale decided to scare the sh!tter outta me and Dan by launching itself into the air and doing the biggest belly flop Ive ever been near or seen about 50 or 60 metres from the boat. Makes you a little edgy when your sitting in a 425 Stessl Edgetracker and these massive suckers are playing silly buggers but oh well what do you do if they body slam your vessel ?

Cheers
James

Big_Ren
31-07-2006, 06:17 PM
We are all praying for a miracle. It's times like these that you really think about things that can go wrong. I don't know what the answer is...maybe wearing an inflatable PFD while you're fishing could be one option.

Cheers
Paul

griz066
31-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Big Unit if a whale body slams your boat you simply stick your head between your knees and kiss your ass good bye ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
31-07-2006, 06:24 PM
its obvious that from the number of these clumsy oafs swimming around out there that much more "scientific research" needs to be done.

please send your opinions to

http://www.japan.org.au

Lucky_Phill
31-07-2006, 09:00 PM
;D ;D ;D Chris !!!!!!

James,

Did you say " Dan " was doing body slams or Whales, you know the two are so alike :-X :-X ;) ;D ::) ::) ::) Did I say that ?? :)

Phill

Great_White
31-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Just one question, would you see a dark shadow at 9.30 pm at night :o

Peter ;)

Big_unit
01-08-2006, 12:26 AM
James,

Did you say " Dan " was doing body slams or Whales, you know the two are so alike :-X :-X ;) ;D ::) ::) ::) Did I say that ?? :)

Phill

Nah Id say a whale is a lot prettier and people want to see whales.

;D ;D ;D