PDA

View Full Version : Fishing songs?

TinarooTriumph
20-07-2006, 04:21 PM
G'day,

This could be a hard topic... we'll see which way it goes...

Fishing songs. Are there any songs that you know of that go well with fishing, or you particulary like to listen to when your on the water? Possibly attract the fish even ;D .

If thats too hard, just name your favourite band, that'll do :P . Make it a fun topic.

TT 8-)

manchild
20-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Neil Murray's new album is the favourite now, but everything from Troy Cassar Daley and the likes will do :)Other than that just set the radio on 98.9 fm brisbane.
cheers
George
good topic mate ,i hope i wont be called a yobo for this :P

tunaman
20-07-2006, 05:04 PM
When at full speed, I put the earphones in and play, Iam on a highway
to hell, by AC/DC, and if you listen to the words while your driving your boat,
you will see its quite appropriate.

But when fishing I like quiet.

signed tunaman ;)

Sea-Dog
20-07-2006, 05:34 PM
I have a strange mix of musical tastes.

70's Rock like Deep Purple & Pink Floyd

Contemporary Jazz Moppet Diana Krall - Smoooooooth. (Easy on the eye too)

Stuff from musicals like "Fiddler on the roof" - If I were a rich man

Some classical that is a bit energetic - Like movie incidental music.

Most styles of Blues music.

Even a bit of George Thoroughgood - "Bad to the bone"

I even enjoy an occasional bit of Punk.

Its the voices in my head I tell you. They can't decide what music they like. :-/

Bundy_Burp
20-07-2006, 06:17 PM
The eagles usual sound good in the background when I'm throwing a line .

onerabbit
20-07-2006, 06:21 PM
# # Depend on who you have on board...........................

# # Aye , aye #& up she rises aye , aye & up she rises..................

# # Muzz

# # Not like to listen , but always comes to mind...........

Also attracts fish

Scott_Thunder
20-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Gotta love pink floyd, chisel or just calling here fish fish fish in the deepest voice you can sometimes works. it was arse i think my brother inlaw did it once Cheers Thunder

NeilD
20-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Jimmy Buffet hits the spot while relaxing on the water.

TinarooTriumph
20-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Good stuff fella's.

I like Sea-Dog have a strange variety of music, think its got to do with what mood Im in. But Im for-ever listening to the noise of a roaring guitar. Im a hard rocker at heart ;D .

Tool, Jimi Hendrix, Trivium, Peach, and I dont mind listening to some of the older stuff aswell e.g Eagles, Sabbath, etc. Its all about a roaring guitar and a crash and thrash drum rythm to match for me. Some of you might get a royal laugh out of this, but some Lee Kernaghan never goes un-listened to around my house hold. I think his a living Aussie legend.

As for a fishing song ;D . I don't think we can name many of those... . A song which you hard rockers should listen to, which will go real good with being on the water is a song we listen to quite alot in my mates boat when we are on the water, Ticks & Leeches by Tool. Awesome song.

Keep em' coming.

TT 8-)

manchild
20-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Nothing wrong with Lee mate ,but im buyest im into country music :)
George

revs57
20-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Anything from the Fighters of Foo

hussy
20-07-2006, 08:38 PM
bernard boland , not many fish in the harbour today.

hubby

Jim_Byrne
20-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Not wrong Horse Jimmy Buffet always has hit the spot whilst out for a fish its great wind down music and a good laugh too!

However there is a time and a place, and if the company is right its great to amp up some hard rock like Tool, AC/DC, Mettalica etc, and give it a blast along with the trottle!

cheers

Jim

bdowdy
21-07-2006, 08:14 AM
:)everyones got to listen to brad paisley and his song( im gonna miss her) from his part 2 cd it is legendery its all about going fishing and the missis leaves him but he doesnt mind because hes fishing. he also has alot of other songs with fishing in them, if you get the chance to hear them youll love them even if your not a country fan. cheers bdowdy ;)

gogecko
21-07-2006, 10:22 AM
I dont take music on the water, I reckon it scares the fish....but Ive generally got Stevie Ray Vaughan in my head, cos I play him a lot in the car.
Others include

Gary Moore
George Thorogood
Pink Floyd
Deep Purple
Led Zep
Lou Reed
Niel Young
ZZtop
Santana

OK, So IM showing my age, arent we all? I HAvent found a good fishing song yet, but if I did I would sing it. MAybe I should write one? Ha ha. Yes, I songwrite and play guitar when the weather is too crook for fishing.

ANdrew

Fishin_Dan
21-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Primus actually do a few songs about Fishing! Listen to their track "John The Fisherman" among a few others...

madmix
21-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Hi bdowdy.

agree with brad paisley (I,m gonna miss her)
also used to have one by Kevin Bloody Wilson, I think it
was called
All my friends don,t go fishin.

anyone got a spare copy

cheers Mick

PinHead
21-07-2006, 02:43 PM
country music is marvellous if it is played in the country..where no bugger can hear it.

Give me a bottle of red wine or port and Tom Waites and I am a happy camper.

Green
21-07-2006, 03:10 PM
98.9FM seas me right, as well as a bit of Jimmy Buffet. But you're on the money at WOT, somethin loud and heavy, Motorhead, Angels, Rose Tattoo, so many songs.

bidkev
21-07-2006, 03:10 PM
country music is marvellous if it is played in the country..where no bugger can hear it.

Jeeeeezus! Tom Waites! And I thought I was a morose bastard listening to Leonarc Cohen!? ;) ;D

kev

manchild
21-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Ok i gotta give it to you Pinhead Tom waits is up there ,but not far from country music .The problem is with him its makes you drink too much ,a bit like slowhand Clapton :)
George

ps:everything but nickelback ;D

Herm
21-07-2006, 04:43 PM
No fishing songs as such but -

Very varied music taste here #:) - anything from The Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Cure to The Doobie Brothers and recently bought the soundtrack to Walk the Line (Johnny Cash movie) and just love it! #and the kids are now singing along to all the songs - very entertaining!

Can't wait to get a cd/radio in the boat - but The Ramones might scare the fish away! ;)

:)Janine

shayned
21-07-2006, 04:54 PM

Jeeeeezus! Tom Waites! And I thought I was a morose bastard listening to Leonarc Cohen!? #;) ;D

kev
Chuck some Nick Cave, say, Boatmans Call and Roger Waters Pros and Cons into this mix and I'll be too depressed to leave the house for a week. Good for the soul though just not the liver. :'(

shayned
21-07-2006, 05:02 PM
How about some Doors and Smiths and Crowdies and some of the early Blues legends and U2 and Live and REM and musn't forget Patsy Cline, great blues singer Patsy. Beasts of Burbon, Nine inch nails the list is endless.

Owen
21-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Does "The Good Ship Venus" qualify as a fishing song? :-X

cheers,
Owen

manchild
21-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Yes Owen .While we at it i vote The Benny Hill shows theme songs ,the one were they all chase each other :P :D
George

TinarooTriumph
21-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Great stuff fella's. Enjoying this topic...

Shayned - Nine Inch Nails... one of my favourites... got to admire Trent. Under-rated band for sure.

A Perfect Circle is another favourite... we play a fair bit of that on land and on water. Also some KoRn never go's astray.

TT 8-)

Great_White
21-07-2006, 07:09 PM
I prefer the calming sounds of whale songs, and rain forest or running stream / water fall type music. :)

Peter ;)

madmix
21-07-2006, 07:24 PM
steve earle

bidkev
21-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Probably drift off topic here but here goes anyway. ::) ;D

Apart from fishing and the wife and kids, music is my great love. I listen to anything from 50's stuff right through to current day. Favourites are Dylan, Donovan, Cohen and Kate Wolf and gaelic stuff by bands such as Runrig. Favourite band is The Who and motoring out it's always The who's greatest hits........."magic bus" gets the kids singing along ;D

They all have their own mp3 players so if they don't like what I'm playing it's Black-eyed peas and gwen stefani for them.

One of the little fellers is autistic and collects music and has a photographic memory for pop trivia. Although he's only 12 he listens to my favourites plus Zepp, Sabbath, Deff Lappard, John Mellencamp, jethro tull........anything, even The Incredible string Band. He can tell you the date a song was recorded and although we have approx 2000 albums and 20,000mp3's he can instantly put his hand on an track if you ask him........name a track and he'll tell you what album and pull it instantly off the shelf. Currently he's mixing 60's stuff and putting tracks from bands such as the Merseybeats, Animals, Dave Clarke, hermans hermits etc all on one album.

We never know what we're going to listen to 'cause I give him free reign to encourage him and we listen to what his current mix is. He mixes his own albums and pulls tracks from an artist and makes up a slow tempo and a fast tempo album by that artist. he "plays" winmx and the most hits we get are for his mixes as folk think they're an unheard of album ;D His Chris rea slow tempo mix is superb :o The pm's from them really encourage him, and yes, I know it's piracy, but that's the way the world has gone with some of the crap they stick on albums nowadays. Most of what he downloads is hard to come by stuff and he still buys albums with his pocket money.

Told him that Ian Anderson (jethro tull) was in my class at school and within a week he had every album of tull's ;D

Current easy listening, and has been for a long time, is Leonard Cohen's "ten new songs".....up tempo it's a mix he's made of stevie Nicks and another is a mix of Cream.

His collection is huge and wide ranging in genre so if you've got a missing album that you'd like, give me a pm and he may just have it for you.

kev

Great_White
21-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Gee, I can't even get a bite on ausfish ;D ;D ;D

I thought someone would hang sh!t on me for sure in my previous post. Oh well I better come clean, will listen to almost anything but love the Hoodoo gurus & Offspring. :)

I don't mind some techno and a bit of Eminem & Fast Crew in hip hop. ;D

We don't have a CD player in the boat yet so don't get much in the way of music on the water as yet.

Peter #;)

lock
21-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Doors, Primus , Xaiver rudd, jimmy buffet , Alan Jackson, Johnny Cash, Deep purple thats just some theres alot more .

shayned
22-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Great White,
After reading out of the mouth of babes string, I was going to suggest using you as bait for beach fishing. ;D ;D

shaman
22-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Have any of you old rockers heard the new aussie band "Wolfmother"
they are sensational and bring back some pretty wild and wooly memories..............original music but you'd swear you were back in the 70's...............lead singer rocks.....................

GREATWHITE you had me goin' ya wally...............I thought "oh well to each his own" but sorta screwed my nose up a bit.............Billy

Got_the_Fever
23-07-2006, 10:10 AM
hey all

actually im GOT's missus and deckie
but i read this forum and although most of the fisho lingo still escapes me every now and then i come across a thread that really rocks
like this one here
i looooooovvveeee music
and esp the stuff you guys have mentioned here and believe me its not a age thing
its just good music hard to get these days
i havent been out in the boat with hubbi that often yet (uhmmm once i believe sofar ;D) but when i go down the beach with my earplugs i always have to have rammstein Seemann on it
its a german band but its about a sailor more in a goth kinda way nick cave and so on but thats watermusic for me
also i would have godsmack on it with serenity i dont think it would scare the fishies

as for the guy who like gaelic stuff
try clannad loreena mckennit and have a look around for the pogues irish drinking band mix between folk country and punk

and kingtin
i loved your last post although autism is not easy to deal with i think what your kid does and can is amazing and its not really piracy its therapy for him ;) i think i gonna pm you about it
and you are absolutly right some of the stuff is so hard to come by in down under in a record shop wich is a shame

ok that was my two cents worth and i think i gonnasign up in here for my self so nomore gender confusion ::)

regards
anya

bidkev
23-07-2006, 11:01 AM
<snip>
as for the guy who like gaelic stuff
try clannad loreena mckennit and have a look around for the pogues irish drinking band mix between folk country and punk

and kingtin
i loved your last post although autism is not easy to deal with i think what your kid does and can is amazing and its not really piracy its therapy for him ;) i think i gonna pm you about it
and you are absolutly right some of the stuff is so hard to come by in down under in a record shop wich is a shame

regards
anya

Feel free to pm me anya. I have all of Loreena Mckennits stuff and the pogues. Also loads of Irish "rebel stuff" Clanceys, Wolfe Tones and not to forget more contemporary stuff such as the Waterboys and Saw Doctors. It realy is amazing what the lad has collected.

kev

BigE
23-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Celine Deion ........ up LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's hard on the Ear muffs but the Barra just float to the surface....... remember limit your catch not catch your limit.

Cheers E

BigE
23-07-2006, 11:10 AM
& of course Nuggets sweet voice on Sat & Sun

E

puks
23-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Feel free to pm me anya. I have all of Loreena Mckennits stuff and the pogues. Also loads of Irish "rebel stuff" Clanceys, Wolfe Tones and not to forget more contemporary stuff such as the Waterboys and Saw Doctors. It realy is amazing what the lad has collected.

kev

arent the pogues great :D love them since im a teen
and geez waterboys havent heard that name in ages
good to see you keep finding a link to the topic and the fishing ;D

thanks kingtin very much appreciatet

regards anya

mangajack
23-07-2006, 05:20 PM
I can't belive not one of you guys mentioned Creedence Clearwater Revival.......They are the ones to relax with when fishing nothing better.

Jack

TinarooTriumph
24-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Good posts fella's. Some good act's being mentioned...

Jack... your bloody right!. I havn't heard all that much CCR, but the CCR songs I know would go well on the water.

But again, if your a hard-rocker like me, I think a great boating (maybe not fishing ;D ) song is Ticks And Leeches from Tool. That'll keep the throttle down ;D .

Cheers.

TT 8-)

JasonT
24-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi!
Excellent topic!
On the water I use a small handheld AM/FM radio tuned to MMM mostly. I find it the best way to keep the noise down as good songs often prompt a quick flick of the volume in the upwards direction.
At home..
I'm flogging James Blunt's "Back to Bedlam " to death at the moment, but nowhere near bored with it!
Among my favorite music...
Anything eighties (of course)!
Pete Murray
Counting crows
The Cure
Sisters of Mercy
Crowded House
Dream Academy
Eskimo Joe
Garth Brooks
George Strait
James Blundell
Hoodoo Gurus

and one more..
Mental as Anything

'Nuff said!
Jason
;D

GAD
24-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Alice coper ,pink floyd , hendrix , thorogood , eagles , greenday ,garth brookes, wolfmother , and lots more put a cd player in the boat but it takes memory cards as well ,1gig card just playes and doesn't skip while punching through any rough stuff

hussy
24-07-2006, 09:25 PM
great white, its coming

hussy
24-07-2006, 09:54 PM
great white with your taste in music its a good thing you dont have a cd in your boat, bloody whale sounds,tunamans ac/dc, wouldn,t be a fish for 10 ks,sea dog goes from pink flloyd ,deep purple, almost starting to admire his taste ,then comes in with fiddler on the roof.and scott thunder ,with barnsey,now theres a good burley,even the toads would piss off.greeny loves rose tatoo, yeah thats what captain cook said when he was fishing with banks.gad, i,d hate to have a bloody migraine in your boat, i,d be lookin at slashing my wrists listening to your lot, alice cooper pink flloyd,george thoroughgood,hendrix,i think i would need purple haze in my brain to go out fishing with you as well,and not to mention jason t ,floggin james blunts ,back to boredom, now theres a leg-wetter.celine dion hard on the ear muffs,sounds a lot better if you put a soft plastic in each earhole ,then put the muffs on.but on a serious note i think all of your songs are great songs,with the exception of celine dion. and no matter what music you have out there it makes the day just that little bit better still. keep singing guys. hubby

tunaman
24-07-2006, 10:12 PM
You never said what you listen too?
I had a angus young fish jump onto the deck, with a big airguitar
solo, and he said all the fish loved it.
Maybe thats why I catch so many fish ;D

signed tunaman :o

S_Bend
24-07-2006, 10:29 PM
For that real nautical experience, you can't go past Engelbert Humperdinck's classic - Lesbian Seagull.

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/beavisandbutt-headdoamerica/lesbianseagull.htm

Seriously, I'll listen to pretty much anything. Hoodoo Gurus are definately up there though.

OK - the Lesbian Seagull is probably a bit much. Not a bad song though. I've just dropped the boat off for a few weeks to have some work done and I'm going through withdrawal symptoms already. Anyone need a deckie???

TinarooTriumph
25-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Lesbian Seagull :o . I think Sir Humperdinck likes his happy herb's ;D . Will check it out though [smiley=guitarist.gif]

Any other Wacky Weeder's you'd like to mention? ;D

TT 8-)

choppa
25-07-2006, 09:29 PM
hey,,,, i thought my calendar idea was good,,,, but you guys/gals have got me thinking more here

AUSFISH VOLUME 1,,,ALL YOUR FAVORITES

BUT WAIT,,,,,,,THERES MORE,,,,,,,

if your one of the first 5000 to order your exclusive volume now,,,,,,,we'll throw in an extra track or two

CHOPPA DOES NEVILLE,,,,,,,,,,by the easybeats
YOUR MUMMA"S REALLY YOUR AUNT,,,,,,,,,by twisted sister
I LUVS YA ALL,,,,,,,,,,by jeff fenech

and as a special surprise,,,yes if you call right now,,

ACHEY BREAKY HEART,,,,,,,,,,,,by the man himself,,,,,billy ray

i'm in trouble aren't i???????

Got_the_Fever
25-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Choppa if we order 3 calenders that doesnt mean we get 3 cd's does it?#If it does we will have to make you an offer you cant refuse. [smiley=rifle.gif]

Kel [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Bundy_Burp
25-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Please choppa anything but billy ray that guy should have been banned years ago there are probably fish floating to the surface belly up right now just because we mentioned his name .

Bundy

manchild
26-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey everyone i just tought youll be happy to know that Billy ray cyrus has a new tv series that shows on disney channel :D So does Reba mcentyre ;D
George

as for a fishing song how is Ian durys I wanna be straight ? :P

bidkev
26-07-2006, 07:14 PM
<snip>
as for a fishing song how is Ian durys I wanna be straight ? :P

Or his, "Hit Me With Your Ugly Stick" ;D

kev

manchild
26-07-2006, 07:18 PM
<snip>
as for a fishing song how is Ian durys I wanna be straight ? #:P

Or his, "Hit Me With Your Ugly Stick" ;D

kev

or no sex no fish but rockandroll? ;D

major-defect
26-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Catatonia,CCR,Beatles,Wilburies,B52, sex pistols,status quo and madness would be my favourites.

rick_k
29-07-2006, 01:01 AM
well, I've been told some game boats are glassing subs (woofers, not boats) into their hulls to pull up the beakies.

But for a fishing song, even if it is from a pro's perspective, what about Billy Joel's 'Alexa"?

Got_the_Fever
29-07-2006, 02:55 AM
Rick with some fish it might be better to play some twisted sister, Where not going to take it.

Kel

hussy
29-07-2006, 09:45 PM
what about , i lobster and never flounder . he rapped his arm around her nand they drove off in his carp. which was sung by a big burley feller, who was a piano tuna . he was the bass i ever saw. after herring it , tears fell to my eyes ,they fillet to ther bream.i oyster love her she was as pretty as marlin munroe. enough ........................ hussy eel only break her heart

shaman
29-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Hubby ;D ;D ;D
Apparently Jack Newton's favourite song is "Chop The Pilot" by
Joan Trade Your Arm In........................Billy

TinarooTriumph
30-07-2006, 10:22 AM
what about , i lobster and never flounder . he rapped his arm around her nand they drove off in his carp. which was sung by a big burley feller, who was a piano tuna . he was the bass i ever saw. after herring it , tears fell to my eyes ,they fillet to ther bream.i oyster love her she was as pretty as marlin munroe. enough ........................ # hussy #eel only break her heart

I dont know what your on Hubby, but Id like some ;D .

TT 8-)

puks
30-07-2006, 10:23 AM
what about , i lobster and never flounder . he rapped his arm around her nand they drove off in his carp. which was sung by a big burley feller, who was a piano tuna . he was the bass i ever saw. after herring it , tears fell to my eyes ,they fillet to ther bream.i oyster love her she was as pretty as marlin munroe. enough ........................ # hussy #eel only break her heart
[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=lolk.gif] [smiley=lolk.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

that cracked me up
have to admit had to read it a cpl of time to get it tho

ps i used to be blond and iam not a native speaker lol

regards
anya

hussy
30-07-2006, 07:18 PM
where is anya from? possibly dutch ?german maybe?. hubby

Got_the_Fever
30-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Hubby she is from Germany, born in Frankfurt. She is a mail order bride which I picked up at a very low price, and she has been worth every cent that it cost to have her shipped over and a lot more.

Kel [smiley=laola.gif]

maztez
30-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Years ago our favourite to fish (and to drink to ) was TED EGANS DRINKERS OF THE TERRITORY . ;D ;D ah many memories but still a favourite with me
cheers Terry

TinarooTriumph
30-07-2006, 07:42 PM
A song I think you will all like - Maybe not for the water and boat, but for drinking and whatever ;D . Tool - Sober. Check it out... it's a masterpeice.

TT 8-)

manchild
31-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Southpark fans will appriciate this:Timmy and a Lords of the underworld ;D :D
George

uripper
31-07-2006, 09:17 PM
I prefer the calming sounds of whale songs, and rain forest or running stream / water fall type music. :)
Peter ;)

yeah ... like on ABC radio Sunday morning with Macca - kinda cruels it though when they mix rainforest bower birds with open country crows - or lapping waves & seagulls with lorrikeets - fair dinkum, some of those studio mixers have never been past the bitumen & the chardonnay sipping suburban 4WD'ers will swallow hook, line & sinker - wish the fish were that stupid
MalM ;)

TinarooTriumph
01-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Peter ;)

yeah ... like on ABC radio Sunday morning with Macca - kinda cruels it though when they mix rainforest bower birds with open country crows - or lapping waves & seagulls with lorrikeets - fair dinkum, some of those studio mixers have never been past the bitumen & the chardonnay sipping suburban 4WD'ers will swallow hook, line & sinker - wish the fish were that stupid
MalM ;)

Amen to that ;D !

Seriously, there must be song out there that attracts fish.

TT 8-)