PDA

View Full Version : Catching Crabs during Winter

Louis
02-08-2006, 03:29 PM
G'day All,

Recently I posted a thread on catching crabs during the winter months.

Well, we have all heard the old saying that it is a waste of time going crabbing in any month of the year without the letter 'R' in it.

Well it appears that this isn't the case anymore.

In recent times I have heard many reports of people still catching crabs during the winter months so I decided to give it a crack myself recently.

I have recently gone crabbing on two occasions lately and I have caught crabs both times. Both the sandies and the muddies appear to be out there.

I don't know if it has something to do with global warming, or what is causing it, but I thought that I would pass this information on to all the other Ausfishers out there.

So, good crabbing fellow Ausfishers

Louis

PS: I have some pots in at the moment in the boat passage at Fisherman's Island. So if you see a big guy with a beard hopping into a little tinny with Ausfish stickers on the side, don't be afraid to come up and say G'day.

bidkev
02-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Good on yer Louis. I've always crabbed all the year round and found little difference in catch rate, only in fullness. There's plenty of sandies around at the mouth of the Pine atm. Was catching one every couple of minutes on line the other day, but lost every one as I tried to get the net under 'em.

kev

NeilD
02-08-2006, 06:04 PM
TheMuddies certainly fire in winter if we get a bit of a fresh

Neil

shaman
04-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Plenty in the valley at the moment but be sure to get a room as it's cold out there ;D ;D ;D....................Billy