PDA

View Full Version : Is it Not Unusual???

ttone
04-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Hi Fisho's,
# # # # # # # I'm just wondering, are there any (true) yarns out there of rather unusual methods of catches etc.? #::)
# # # # # # #Many years ago I took a Dad and Son team (very inexperienced) fishing in the Wuruma Dam. Back in those days all that there was there was eeltailed catfish (jew) and spangled #pearch. We were out in my boat, and the boys were fishing on the starboard/port side. Things hotted up when dad got a hook up, and at the same time, so did the son. When dad eventually reeled his jew in, we found out that there were in fact 2 hooks on, the other being the Son's from about 25 metres away from the opposite direction. I have never seen anything quite like that before. Have you??
P.S. Up to this this day, they're still arguing over who caught it!!! # :-/
Cheers ttone

bidkev
04-08-2006, 11:57 AM
I kid you not. The deckie once reeled in a skate with the male stuck to it........the old adage of "throw a bucket of water over them" didn't ring true ;D

What was she doing feeding at the time? I suppose there was no ceiling for her to stare at so she amused herself some other way ::) ;D

Come to think of it, the deckie eats in bed :-/ ;D

kev

The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger
in every opportunity.
-- Winston Churchill

Jewmaster
04-08-2006, 12:01 PM
WE have had the same xperience with threadfin salmon, but they move very quickly. I'd say one of the two fisherman, wasn't paying alot of attention to his rig

bidkev
04-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Hi all. Can anybody tell me if the brand Stacer has had any dramas or performance faults. I am back on the market for a new boat around 5 meters.

Post in the boating section mate as you'll likely get more response. I've got a stacer 3.95 and am perfectly happy with it's ability to cut through chop.

kev

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those
who have not got it.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Fat_Chilli
04-08-2006, 12:23 PM
I've reeled in two mud crabs at once, they must've been hard at it? 8-)
The jenny went back.

woeldo
04-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks kev. I am new at this and still learning the ropes

madmix
04-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Hi ttone,

Yes same thing with large queenfish, during a feeding frenzy.
unfortunately we didnt realize it was same fish until entangled
with anchor rope. The fish won.
Six fishos in two boats, we estimated in excess of 200 landed
in just over two hours. never seen the likes again.

cheers mick

ttone
05-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Yea Guys, it's amazing what happens out in #the water that remains hard to believe. # #
Even the size of the fish!!?? #;) # ;D
ttone

griz066
05-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Years ago we were 5 in a 17ft haines fishing at Boondooma dam (fresh water) we were anchored, I was fishing out the port side and couldn't miss a fish :) A young fulla was fishing the same sideas me, and he was bring his line closer and closer to mine, he eventually hooked up got a fright, struck too hard and broke his line :-[ I sh!t you not the very next fish I caught had his hook and about 6 inches of his line hangin out its mouth ::) We caught 22 fish that evening and I caught 21 of them, never had a hot bight like that again though 8-)

S_Bend
05-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Mate and I were fishing the mouth of the Noosa river years ago. Just drifting around in the boat when one rod bent down followed by the other. Both of us reeled in to find the same whiting attached. Never had anything like it happen since.

MyEscape
06-08-2006, 06:12 AM
My wife and I actaully did that one morning fishing off the bank in Bakers Creek. I think my wife hooked up first and then I was hit and sure enough, we both reeled in the same fish.

Steve

freddyfish
06-08-2006, 11:30 AM
......... to be loved by anyone

da da da da dah