PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Brisbane CBD?

HiRAEdd
09-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Just wondering, is there anywhere around the Brisbane CBD that is worth throwing around some soft plastics after work with a view to catching some fish?

Cheers,

Gavin

Az
09-08-2006, 03:51 PM
bream/squire/tailor/jew/catties/moses perch/cod/threadfin salmon

just to name a few!!

HiRAEdd
09-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Ok, I've got half the picture, the "what", now how about the "where"? :)

I'm not suggesting anyone divulge their secrets, I'm just after an idea of where to head within easy walking distance of say the Riverside Centre on Eagle Street.

Do you think they'd mind me trolling a lure behind a City Cat? ;)

Az
09-08-2006, 04:30 PM
i know some had fished off the goodwill bridge, but pretty much anywhere that looks fishy and your allowed to fish should have something to catch, under the story bridge and wharfs etc, or you may have to just get the ferry across to the kangaroo point side

johnlikes2fish
09-08-2006, 04:38 PM
I guess you arent paddling to work. Some of the spots where you may have luck are around Breaky Creek where it joins the river for bream and small jew on occasion try the bridge just up the creek and also at the city cat spot there, bream will be around most structure but you will have to persevere, sharks are abundant but liveys are the go with them and you should catch a few catfish.

R_K_HILL
09-08-2006, 11:02 PM
TIP: Do not eat whatever you catch in the Brissy river, unless its close to the mouth.

tunaman
10-08-2006, 12:10 AM
I wonder if you people listen to your selfs. and you have the hide to give the greenies a hard time.
Then you whinge you cant eat the fish in your own river.
What do you think we are trying to do!
Iam no longer in action, its been 7 years since my retirement,
I wonder if you have ever heard the word contradiction.

signed tunaman

griz066
10-08-2006, 06:47 AM
You may catch a few mullet around the centre of the mall if ya use the right bait ;D

R_K_HILL
10-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Better to be safe than sorry ;)

HiRAEdd
10-08-2006, 09:14 AM
I wonder if you people listen to your selfs. and you have the hide to give the greenies a hard time.

At the risk of changing the topic of my own thread :) I'm a little unclear on your point tunaman? And please don't take offence, I'm genuinely interested in understanding what you mean. I think the only time recreational fisherpeople give greenies (of which I am both) a hard time is when it comes to fisheries closures (whether warranted or not is a different story). The only reason we possibly shouldn't/can't eat fish from the Brisbane River is due to industrial and agricultural pollution. And I'm sure every recreational fisherperson is all for a reduction in pollution in our waterways.

shayned
10-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Got to wonder how a day time flick along the bike way under the riverside express would go?

Az
10-08-2006, 10:28 AM

signed tunaman

completely missed your point :-/

tunaman
10-08-2006, 02:44 PM
I read in other posts, that greenies are bad news, all the greenies are
trying to do, is stop pollution and industrial waste like you said.
This post didnt have anything to do with your post, I am very sorry I caused any confusion. This was directed in a general way to some of the other members who think greenies are a waste of time.
The Brisbane river is a beautiful water way and it is sad to hear that you can not eat the fish in it without taking a risk.
And where the contradiction comes in some fisherman hate them because of closing down decent fishing areas and this I agree with, but when they do something great for the fishing community they are all claps and pats on the back for the greenies.
The extreme greenies i think go a little to far sometimes but they act in the best interests for all of us, you cant please everyone all of the time.

signed tunaman