PDA

View Full Version : two fingers on treble....ouch!

gone_phishin
12-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Young son Josh (going_phishing) has just learnt why we don't just grab hold of a popper caught in a tree when the tide is in full flood #::). Two of the hooks have gone bend deep into two fingers...ouch :'(

He's just up at the hospital now getting the 2 fingers freed up again so he can fish later today he reckons....I reckon he'll be too sore but we'll see. All the jokes started on the way back to the ramp......just a little prick.....Josh's first fingerling.....strange bait....etc.. He didn't even catch a fish this morning!!!

Funny enough I was just talking to him on the mobile and he still feels no pain at all. Isn't it weird how the body can mask pain so wonderfully...though I did tell him when they get the bolt cutters onto it there may be a tad more pain, and as for th huge needle ;D ;D (he hates needles)

Couldn't work out what to put this thread under....Tackle.....Report Estuary.....Recipes (for disaster)so thought I would just put it here.

gunna
12-08-2006, 12:29 PM
OOOOuch. Might have to flatten the barbs on all the other trebles. I never do but I know I should ;D ;D.

Dezzer
12-08-2006, 12:32 PM
No pain yet!!! :o :o

born2fly
12-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Bugger me,
I can remember getting a treble caught in my leg with a bass still attached to the lure an dshaking around but I recon 1 in each finger has to cain :'( :'( :'(

Poodroo
12-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Some things you only do that one time huh? I am guessing he has learned his lesson on that ;D

Poodroo

gone_phishin
12-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Just spoke to him on the phone....definite pain now 'cause the doctor just stuck the needles in both fingers and attacked. One of them didn't take to well but he has such a hatred of needles he told the doctor to take that hook out anyway....doctor wouldn't so hence, another needle... and is fighting tooth and nail with his Mum about the Tetanus shot he now has to have later this week.

Not happy Jan!

I better not keep the jokes going when he gets home as he is finally starting to catch up to his Dad sizewise. ::)

Gorilla_in_Manila
12-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Ouch!

This is a bit late, but a really handy bit of gear to have with you when flinging lures at tree lined banks is a broom handle or bit of dowel about 3 ft long with a little sheperds crook on the end.
Make a little U shaped crook out of 10 or 12 gague fencing wire or a strong 3 inch nail, and secure and bind firmly to the end of the stick. Then just motor over near the lure, catch the trebble or hook with the crook on the end of the stick and give an almighty heave.

Also good for getting lures off sunken snags down to a few feet when you can still see them, and getting the hook out of the mouths of spikey mongrel catfish or chomping sharks that you don't necessarily need in the boat with you. :D

Cheers
Jeff

Lone_Wolf
12-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Good advice Gorilla. They also say never to cut the the hook flush with the skin, so the attending doctor can see the direction of the barb for the extraction exercise. I am not a needle man either and am wincing at the thought of what he is going through.

Chin up going_phishing! #

roz
12-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Thank Gawd for local anaesthetic. Been there done that.

Hang in there Josh! ;)

Murks
12-08-2006, 05:57 PM
not good :'(

darryl_l
12-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Geoff,

I thought Josh got enough trophies this year already but looks like he is trying real hard for the DAG award ;D ;D

Hang in there Josh I aint gunna take that trophy off ya lol 8-) ::)

Darryl L

going_phishin
12-08-2006, 06:03 PM
hey guys,
I'm ok and it didn't hurt 1 bit :D ::) :o It can't have been to bad 'cause I talked mum & dad into going back out again this afternoon and we got some threadfin salmon, herring, bream, and grunter 8-).

Thanks Darryl I wanted that one so bad last year I had to try for it this year.

cheers
Josh

griz066
12-08-2006, 07:04 PM
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH :'(

:'(

shaman
12-08-2006, 07:13 PM
GO JOSH!!!!!!!!!!!
That would have stopped me matey, even with the benefit of a few painkillers [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]
Oh the exhuberance of youth............where did it go.

Champion effort mate..........................Billy

gone_phishin
12-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Geez your a hero Josh :o....you wouldn't even sit still long enough so I could Tag & Release ya ;D ;D ;D

Chicken.....

Dad

going_phishin
12-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Yea I'd like to see you get a treble in your fingers and not jump around while I was chasing you with a tagging gun. ;D :D

cheers
Josh

Great_White
12-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Ouch! #:o :o :o Can't be happy with that #:(

Must have been 2 for the price of 1 day ;D ;D ;D

Here's to a speedy recovery ;)

Peter :)

blaze
12-08-2006, 11:16 PM
dont laugh about being tagged, trying to tag a fish one day that was laying across my legs on a wet towel, fish wriggled. I took the tag in the top of my leg, luck happen that the barb on the tag was just under the surface and come out fairly easy.
cheers
blaze

StevenM
13-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Matey youre a tough little tike,

getting on the puter to tell your ok

then asking ma and pa to go out again

onya

Cheers

Steven

Jewmaster
13-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Well done mate, A love of fishing can get you though most things, Good too see you jumped straight back in.

going_phishin
13-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys
we went out again today and got a feed of whiting but not much else my fingers are fine but I won't have a scar to show the guys at skewl :'( Just 2 small holes.

That must have hurt blaze :o a tad more than a needle.

gone_phishin
13-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Out again today for a feed of whiting but he did NOT want to take the flicking rods....thought he would give it a miss for once. I think the thought of a treble at the moment is enough to get him bottom bashing ;D.

fez
14-08-2006, 01:20 PM
If you are going to do a job do it properly. :-[

That's what we all like to see straight back on the horse (so to speak) :)

Fez

Smailesy
16-08-2006, 12:45 PM
that has got to hurt :'(

gone_phishin
16-08-2006, 12:53 PM
I hope he's learnt his lesson 'cause we're going out tonight chasing Tarpon and Blue Salmon on 1 kg line with the same poppers, but I've just spent the last hour changing over to Owner Stingers with Hyper Wire rings so he will have to be extra careful :o

Geoff

timbacutta
16-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Ouch. Well Josh you put your hand up ;D for the DAG award early this year. Hope all heals well and we'll see you at State Wide.

Jeff.