PDA

View Full Version : Auction Photo

Sandman
07-08-2006, 01:59 PM
As you are aware we have a camp comming up in September for young carers. Alot of support has allready come from members of Ausfish or should i refrase that to HUGE.
I am also fotunate to have a close friend of the family (sisters partner) who is a Assistant director of such films a Jinabyne and the most recent yet to be released Condemded with a range of Actors such as Vinnie Jones ( Ex footy player for England). Vinnie signed this particular photo for me so as it could go toward the camp, he wanted to attend the camp but he wont in Aust when it happens.
Now my proposal is on good authority that this photo is worth investing in due to Vinnies reputation back in England as well other cult movies such as Lock stock and 2 smoking barels. The photo is personaly signed a week ago and has "Be good" written on top #;D.... Any interests pass them on, all offers considered if none will perhaps see what we get on Ebay.
Regards
Sandman

Fishslayer
07-08-2006, 02:42 PM
I'll kick it off .

$50.00

imported_admin
07-08-2006, 04:10 PM
$200.00

shaman
07-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Funny thing, today a friend of mine was saying that that this Vinnie Jones actor dude came into the restaraunt she works at on the weekend and said he was an absolute crack-up and tipped her $120.00.
Sounds like a nice guy......................Billy

Big_unit
07-08-2006, 08:12 PM
$225

Sandman
08-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Looking good Guys i will run this until Friday the 18th and will announce the winner $225 is the highest offer so far , It would be worth doing research on signed photoes remember the English market for such a photo will attract $$$
Regards Sandman

Sandman
08-08-2006, 07:43 AM
Just to let you all know as the Q was asked, the photo is original taken by the Assistant Director Jamie Crooks , is A4 size and is framed , the frame is gold trim with black.
If you would like to see it i am in Brisbane , give me a PM and we can tee something up.
Regards
Michael

Sandman
08-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Bump

Big_unit
08-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Come on buyers SALE O SALE O its on the market and worth the sugar.

I always wanted to be an Auctioneer. 8-) 8-)

I wont bid against myself but its such a worthy cause that I will bump it.

;) ;) :)

Cheers
James

Sandman
09-08-2006, 07:40 AM
;D Thanks James looking good for you! Common guys the movie has not even been released yet . Rare signing directly related to the camp for the camp. Vinnie has only signed face photoes or posters name only this is unique as put the "Be Good" above his name, Let James off the hook ;D.
As mentioned the highest Bidder is confirmed Friday 18th will also get a little blurb and thankyou letter from The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Qld, unfourtunatly as you get a prize i dont think it would be tax deductable :-[ but hey always worth a try.
Mick

Big_unit
09-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Yeah let me off the hook, ;) ;) ;D ;D

Why would I want that in the trophy cabinet ? ::) ::) ::)

Cheers
James

Sandman
09-08-2006, 03:25 PM
you get a prize i dont think it would be tax deductable but hey always worth a try.

Just to comment on the above, it is possible this is able to be claimed as it is percieved as a donation.

Fishslayer
09-08-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm almost positive it can't be claimed because you are getting something in return for the dollars. Guess a quick call to any tax accountant would verify it tho.

Big_unit
09-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Nah my info is you can not claim it but who cares its for a great cause.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Come on surely someone wants to have a bidding war with me, lets get into it Im keen. $25 rises. Lets raise some money and have a laugh on the way.

Where are you Ausfish you seemed keen to have a go ?

;) ;) :) :) ;D ;D

Cheers
James

Sandman
10-08-2006, 08:16 AM
;D [smiley=helpa.gif] [smiley=end.gif]

Big_unit
10-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Who is keen to bid against me ? ;) ;) :)

$25 rises for a very very good cause. :)

Cheers
James

tunaman
10-08-2006, 11:37 PM
nice try bigunit, better luck next time.lol

signed tunaman ;D

Sandman
11-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Have you made that space on the mantle piece yet James ;D

Big_unit
11-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Jobs right the space is ready for my new addition. 8-) 8-)

Looks like Ive scared the crap outta these fellas. ;D ;D ;D

Oh well my missus reckons money just burns a hole in my pocket BUT at least this time its for a worthy cause she says. She thinks I spend way too much on fishing gear, Ive got no idea where she gets that idea. ::) ::)

Third and final call at $225 - What do you reckon Sandman ?

ShaneJ
11-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Well done James. I was going to put in a bid untill I saw yours. I wont bid against my mates so its all yours.
I'll see you tomorrow when I get up there.

Shane

Big_unit
13-08-2006, 12:09 AM
;) ;) :)

Sea-Dog
13-08-2006, 08:42 AM
James is correct when he says that it is not a valid deduction.

I am one of the @*$^%&$)# that work for the ATO. ( I know, I'm gonna cop some flak. I've heard it all before.)

quote from ATO website

Requirements for a gift to be tax deductible
For a donor to claim a deduction for a gift, there are several requirements:

the gift must be made to a deductible gift recipient (DGR)
the payment must really be a gift
the gift must be of money or property that is covered by one of the gift types, and
any gift conditions must be satisfied.

What is a gift?

Gifts have the following characteristics:
there is a transfer of money or property
the transfer is made voluntarily
the transfer arises by way of benefaction, and
no material benefit or advantage is received by the donor.

So, even though no deduction is available - it is for a good cause anyhoo.

Cheers, Sea-Dog

fullscale
13-08-2006, 06:45 PM
isnt it funny though how some ppl have money for some things, yet not others :-?

Sandman
14-08-2006, 07:44 AM
James,
Third and final call :o Get your bids in by the weeks end ..... James if you wish to make the cheque out to "Fun in the Sun camp" Multiple Sclerosis Society of Qld or if you doing cash let me know and i will get you the details .
Either need your address to post or arrange a place to pick up.
A little cautious of sending it by mail as i said i have a mate in HB so i could possibly bring it up to you? Let me know.
Michael

Sandman
15-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Going once ! [smiley=hammer.gif]

Sandman
17-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Going twice, three.... [smiley=hammer.gif]

Sandman
18-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Congrats James

fullscale
18-08-2006, 06:45 PM