PDA

View Full Version : Deep Water Bend Burning??

shayned
23-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Does anyone know how much DWB was effected by the bush fire this afternoon, the smoke was very black at times.

SeaHunt
23-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Most of those so called "WETLANDS" burns about once a year or so.
Traffic on the Gateway seems to be the main casualty. :D

finding_time
23-08-2006, 05:35 PM
The sky was certainly #black , didn't kmow it was a fire , just thought Kingtin was smoking his latest shovel nosed ray!!!! [smiley=chef.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif]

Got_the_Fever
23-08-2006, 07:32 PM
as long as he wasnt smoking something else

Canoedle
23-08-2006, 07:37 PM
If any damage was done to the facilities or houses on the bend you would have heard about it on the news, all that was mentioned was the traffic delays.

Dirtysanchez
24-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Mostly the scrub close to the highway from the looks of it

The ramp is made of concrete so all cool there :P

Hope no one lost any property or similar :-?

BrandonH
24-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I went out the front of clontarf this morning for a fish and couldn't belive it when the sun came up and i could't see the bridge!!! lotsa smoke..

Cheers
Brandon..

PS: Shayne, we will have to get out for another fish soon mate!!!

bidkev
24-08-2006, 12:00 PM
The sky was certainly black , didn't kmow it was a fire , just thought Kingtin was smoking his latest shovel nosed ray!!!! [smiley=chef.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif]

I wasn't..........I couldn't get any tally-ho papers big enough to roll it in. ;D

kev

bidkev
24-08-2006, 12:03 PM
I went out the front of clontarf this morning for a fish and couldn't belive it when the sun came up and i could't see the bridge!!! lotsa smoke..

Cheers
Brandon..

PS: Shayne, we will have to get out for another fish soon mate!!!

She's still burning and what a bloody mess it's made in bracken ridge.........had to backflush the pool this morning as it dumped the ash overnight. I think others closer to it must have a right mess to clean up :o ::)

kev

shayned
24-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Kingtin,
Have you thought about a rice paper window blind and an oxy to light her up?

Brandon,
Knew I shouldn't have went last week, I've got child minding duties this Sunday
and I bet the tides are a lot better this week. Still if you are keen maybe something can be organised, those flathead lies I saw last week are taunting me!

Freeeedom
24-08-2006, 02:44 PM
I launched at DWB this morning - (should have stayed home). It's burnt out from the Gateway road through to the DWB road about as far as the first of the houses. Didn't cross the road, so the houses and picnic areas were never threatened. There was a lot of smoke and media helicopters circling as if it had flared up again, but no sign of any fire when I came out at about 1.30pm. Must have been a bit further over to the east I guess
Cheers Freeeedom

Bundy_Burp
24-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Went through that way today its certainly burnt alot of scrub thats for sure .
I hope everything down DWB is still ok .

Bundy