PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Mr. Kingtin

Obi___Wan
27-08-2006, 03:04 PM
G'Day Kev,

Just wanted to say thanks for your sharing of knowlege.

I am the chap that came over and said, you must be Kingtin that Monday when you were anchored up just inside the mouth of the South Pine.

Mate your response and the way you made a few suggestions about where might be a good place to try was one of the reasons i decided to sign up with Ausfish, thanks again.

Report from that trip, every where we went we found dozens of very small bream, very little else. I know at least you had a couple of Flathead, you held one up, hope you managed a few more.

May The Fish Be With You.

John.

bidkev
27-08-2006, 04:10 PM
G'day John.

Pleased to see that you found your way here :D

Yeah, it was pretty slow that day.......the spot X I gave you normally produces a few nice bream and cod, but that day it was quiet which was why I was, where I was, when you saw me ;D

Ended up with only 3 keepers that day..........2 more like the one I showed you.

Isn't it great when we can meet with folk who share a common interest who, without this site, may otherwise never swop a word or look. This site has been good to me and provided me not only with a wealth of info with regards to fishing but also given me many acquaintances who, if I met 'em in real life, I would be proud to acknowledge as mates.

Welcome to the site, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

kev

Obi___Wan
27-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the Welcome Kev,

Say have you ever done any good on that spot just up around the corner from spot x, you know the one where it sticks up at an angle pointing downstream, cracked open along the top edge with a cavern under the front edge?

So far we have only managed a few small G.T's and have been bricked a few times, along with a few lizards along the shallow banks.

It looks really good and i could imagine some big residents living there.

Cheers,
John.

bidkev
27-08-2006, 05:05 PM
If I'm thinking of the same spot as you, yes, I had a 52cm cod there, a long time ago though. I've been taken into snags a few times since and being the lazy bugger that I am, I gave it up as never being able to get anything from there without being bricked........always fished bait though and being static I suppose I'm just asking to get bricked...........lures might be different and give more of a chance?

Bait also has to get past the pike eels to catch anything else ;D

kev

Got_the_Fever
28-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Welcome aboard John. There is more info here than an encyclopedia. I have learnt so much since becoming a member and have changed my fishing style to reflect it. Kev well done mate, sharing info and experience is what it is all about.

Kel

Bundy_Burp
28-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Welcome to Ausfish john anyone who cant learn something from this site just shouldnt be fishing its got to be one of the best places on the internet to help you hone your fishing skills .

Obi___Wan
28-08-2006, 08:20 PM
G'Day There Kel & Bundy Bear,

Thanks for the welcome.

My son signed up some time ago and i have been reading the threads as a guest. Then one Monday i turned into the South Pine, saw a chap fishing with Ausfish Stickers on his boat, Ahhhh! i thought, that would have to be Kingtin.

I idled over and asked the question, are you Kingtin, thats me came the reply and then all this information was passed on, i was blown away as most would not give you a smell of their rotten bait. I thought, this Ausfish thing might be just worth having a further look at.

In the short time that i have been a member i have had answers to my posts in a manner that have been fantastic.

I have been fishing for around 50 years now, fishing for everything from trout, bass, silvers, yellowbelly, barramundi (my favorite) to all types of saltwater, bait, lures and soft plastics. Even spent around three years as a pro fisherman handlining jewfish between Port Stephens and Woolongong when i lived in Sydney, moved to QLD, in January 1979. Represented NSW in the Australian Anglers Comp's, last time was at Caloundra in 1977, thats why i moved up here, just woke up to myself.

Have fished all around the Gulf, up past Gove, across the top to Darwin and almost to the WA border over six months, a fantastic experience

You might say i have seen a lot, yes i have but you never stop learning and you can learn something from everyone.

Yes i am enjoying making posts and recieving answers, my biggest problem is waiting for my next trip north to Peter Faust, can't come quick enough.

Thanks Again,
John.