PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Houseboats?

freddyfish
27-08-2006, 06:57 PM
The family are thinking about doing a houseboat trip on the Broadwater or around the Pin. Was wondering if anyone can recommend an operator that seems OK.

Cheers
Brad

Darryl
27-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Sanctuary cove hire houseboats that are reliable clean and have all the mod cons.

Darryl

freddyfish
27-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi Darryl

Is that an independant operator based there ?

Brad

freddyfish
27-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Could it be Fantaseas Houseboat Holidays at the marine village?

Brad

Darryl
27-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Yes mate an independant operator operating in sanctuary cove. Hers a link with a bit of info.

Fantaseas...

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/link.asp?fid=606848

Blackened
27-08-2006, 07:34 PM
G'day
Coomera houseboats. They are at cold coast city marina and have a good website. Very clean, modern and good pricing. We used the "kestrel" for schoolies back in '01. I will reccomend them
Dave

freddyfish
27-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks Guys

Have looked at both websites and each look good.

Cheers
Brad

Braddles
27-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Hey mate;

I have used Coomera House Boats initially when they were at Sanctuary Cove and again when they opened at GCC Marina. They boast the biggest most luxurious house boat in aus at the moment - have a look at their web site... Has a deck spa bath, plasma TV and granite full sized kitchen etc and proper bedrooms... I am sure it has a nice price tag too - about 6K / week from memory..... but I guess when you think of a 5 star resort on the water for a week per person - it makes it sound reasonable again...

They have loads of more reasonably priced boats too though... from 12 berth to little 4 berth things

ANother VERY reasonably priced boat is Paradise Princess - It is mored somewhere behind Dreamworld. If you search in Yahoo for Paradise Princess Houseboats you will find it - and if you cant PM me and I will find it for you.. Paradise Princess isnt as flash as the coomera house boats, but significantly cheaper and we were very comfortable and had loads of fun on it...

Have fun,

Brad.

Hornblower
27-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Hey Braddles,

By the sound of that post, in particular the first paragraph, I wouldn't mind having a holiday on that - Mind you I get turned away from the local pound for too much of an animal - spose I have a fat chance of being let on that boat ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Darryl
28-08-2006, 07:05 AM
Used to be called Paradise Houseboats only, friends of mine that i haven't seen for a while, Warren And Julie used to run it. I used to do there breakdowns on the weekends and work for Gold Coast Holidays Afloat during the week. There boats were ok but small at Paradise but very cheap as mentioned. Coomera have a big tag on there hire but boats are in excellent condition and it's not far either way from there to the pin. Just becarefull as i know first hand there is a lot of factors to take into consideration, especially the cost of fuel if you plan on running from the broadwater to the pin..

Its real nice to have those luxuries out on the water but at the end of the day do you just want to fish and crab and have fun with the kids, or do you want a all out week with your wife and kids that has the works. It's really what you want.

Ps, most hire boat companies will take a credit card swipe and leave it blank and in there safe, they do this so the can get there money for damages, otherwise it used to be about 1000 deposit on a average boat, you best be taking out a loan if you want the plasma screen boat with the works ;D

Darryl.

freddyfish
28-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks again guys

All very helpful. Will look at the options and make a family decision from there

Cheers
Brad

Braddles
29-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Crest Cutter AKA Darryl - Paradise Houseboats is still their name sorry mate, the boat was Paradise Princess... I was a bit confused - its been over a year now lol.. # #Its the 50ft'er I used with 8 mates. Loads of fun and the cheapest boat in that class / size by several hundred dollars. #The couple that owned it were very friendly and did everything to make sure we had a great time including mid week runs of ice and more bait for us!

The web page for that boat is http://www.paradisehouseboats.com.au/paradise%20princess.html

Like I said initially, the boat is, while comfortable, a bit dated / #not as modern as the larger vessels in Coomera Houseboat's fleet - but like Darryl said - its what you want.... a fun holiday with family or mates or a luxurious 5 star experience and pay respectively for it.

Brad - #Have fun what ever vessel you decide on. Your family will remember it for years to come!

Regards,

Brad

Darryl
29-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Sorry Brad if i came over wrong matey, i remember when Warren bought the Princess, it was the first glass boat in there fleet, not long after they got it a worker decided to drag a fuel line through the boat instead of around the boat. The pilot light was never turned off on the gas fridge and BOOM, it blew the side out of one of the ally boats and into the next, then the third one caught fire. The radiant heat of the fire made the Princess which was on the end finger go up :o. Whilst everyone was running down to try and put out 3 boats with garden hoses and least warren had the sense to cut them free and let them burn to the water line before more damage was done to the rest of the fleet. Me on the other hand went for the speed boat and raced around to Princess which was on fire and managed to cut her free atached to my speed boat. Problem was the heat was that intense that i could only run nose in.

So i had a 50 ft houseboat on fire attached to a 18 foot speed boat , so all i could do was reverse flat out and drag her away from the other boats on fire. ;D Dunno if you have ever seen 2 12 kilo gas bottles let go but christ i was glas that they did what the are deisgned to do and the brass fitting let go and the bottle didn't explode. Melted the windscreen on the speed boat when the bottles let go , both in the gap of about 2 minutes. Anyways with the channell 7 chopper hovering and police fire and ambo's present , i walked off and went back to anti fouling the oppositions houseboat that we had on bruce harris's slip at the time. ;D ;D

Two weeks later Kieth Williams old boat burnt for days just after Warrens boats went up, so that was 2, and to make it 3 i had a battery explode in my face. So whoever said it happens in 3's is on the money . ;D ;D ;D

Moral of the story, dangerous shite working round fully fuelled and gassed boats.. ;D ;D ;D

Darryl.

Braddles
29-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Sorry Brad if i came over wrong matey, i remember when Warren bought the Princess, it was the first glass boat in there fleet, not long after they got it a worker decided to drag a fuel line through the boat instead of around the boat. The pilot light was never turned off on the gas fridge #and BOOM, it blew the side out of one of the ally boats and into the next, then the third one caught fire. The radiant heat of the fire made the Princess which was on the end finger go up :o. Whilst everyone was running down to try and put out 3 boats with garden hoses and least warren had the sense to cut them free and let them burn to the water line before more damage was done to the rest of the fleet. Me on the other hand went for the speed boat and raced around to Princess which was on fire and managed to cut her free atached to my speed boat. Problem was the heat was that intense that i could only run nose in.

So i had a 50 ft houseboat on fire attached to a 18 foot speed boat , so all i could do was reverse flat out and drag her away from the other boats on fire. ;D Dunno if you have ever seen 2 12 kilo gas bottles let go but christ i was glas that they did what the are deisgned to do and the brass fitting let go and the bottle didn't explode. Melted the windscreen on the speed boat when the bottles let go , both in the gap of about 2 minutes. Anyways with the channell 7 chopper hovering and police fire and ambo's present , i walked off and went back to anti fouling the oppositions houseboat that we had on bruce harris's slip at the time. ;D ;D

Two weeks later Kieth Williams old boat burnt for days just after Warrens boats went up, so that was 2, and to make it 3 i had a battery explode in my face. So whoever said it happens in 3's is on the money . ;D ;D ;D

Moral of the story, dangerous shite working round fully fuelled and gassed boats.. ;D ;D ;D

Darryl.

Hey Darryl - your right mate ;)... You never came accross as anything but friendly, like just about everyone else on Ausfish... I was the confused one calling the company Paradise Princess when that was the name of the vessel we hired from Paradise House Boats...

OMG about your story!! I do remember that in the news - a few years ago now yeah?.... Was anyone seriously hurt? Sounds like Warren had a tough time and so did his staff including you! I hope your no longer working with houseboats - sounds way too dangerous!!

I looked after a patient that sustained serious burns after a fire on board her grandfather's cruiser about 12 months ago, which was under repair at the marina - sacrey stuff!

Regards,

Brad.

Darryl
29-08-2006, 07:54 PM
No Brad know one was hurt during it luckily, although i'm very suprised that people weren't injured.Wether it was adrenilan i dont know but trying to put out a seriously fuelled fire with a garden hose is insane. They had more guts than me that's for sure. ;D

Yeah would be at least a few years now Brad and no i dont work on houseboats anymore ;D House renovations seem to be safer .

Hooter
30-08-2006, 06:58 AM
ar gee guys whats wrong with ya trailer put a tent on it bunch 44 gallon drums tied on, couple paddles for your guests cooler for ya beers and away ya go come on guys is no one thinking out there anymore ;D cresty can't beleave you did'nt of that ::)

GBC
30-08-2006, 07:37 AM
G'day -

Spent last weekend on the cheapest of the coomera houseboats - 42ft 'dusk breaker'. 3 double rooms plus fold outs, barbie upstairs etc etc., cost about $900 for the three nights plus $20/hr running.
For their cheapest boat it was well fitted out - everything worked. I can highly recommend them.

C.J.

Darryl
30-08-2006, 07:45 AM
I wasn't going to tell him how to build one because i wanted him to hire mine. Here's Kingtin heading out in my hireboat last week. Man he was wrapped with the extras the boat had.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/5480/captainstabbinvk8.jpg (http://imageshack.us) #

Braddles
30-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Crest Cutter - are you for real??

Does that thing actually move / float or is it trick photography??

First feature I would be looking for is the life vests and the tender lol.... although I'd had to see whats been improvised as a tender!

Brad.

gunna
30-08-2006, 11:52 AM
I wasn't going to tell him how to build one because i wanted him to hire mine. Here's Kingtin heading out in my hireboat last week. Man he was wrapped with the extras the boat had.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/5480/captainstabbinvk8.jpg (http://imageshack.us) #

I need to get a pic of one on a pontoon in Bells Ck at Caloundra. Makes Crestcutters look 5 star ;D.

Make sure you take some crab dillies. I used a houseboat years ago (Paradise I think) and we just dropped pots from each corner everytime we anchored anywhere. Fresh crabs for lunch and dinner every day.

midgeptgiru
30-08-2006, 11:55 AM
oh boy looks like another weekend for the boss. Its blowing it tits off here at present.