PDA

View Full Version : Wet day in QLD?

mylestom
30-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Just looking at the weather radar for Brisbane(Marburg radar).

Seems like a little bit of the wet weather (Flooding) that we are getting down here is heading up your way.

Any good for the catchments or is that hoping a bit much.?

Trev

Canoedle
30-08-2006, 02:45 PM
not a lot up here mate, I'm in Esk, a stones throw from Wivenhoe, just checked the rain guage and it reads 21.5mm from the last week, not a bad start, but we need a whole lot more before things start to improve, that amount of rain just soaks in and gone, good for the grass though.

mylestom
30-08-2006, 02:54 PM
As a ex farmer from Qld wish you all the best and hope that you get some of the rain that we have had for the last few days. Good luck and may your glass (Dam) be full.

Trev

fish2eat
30-08-2006, 02:59 PM
we could certainly do with a good creek flush out to spark up the fishing

Az
30-08-2006, 03:11 PM
dont be silly.. it can't be raining.. we're in a drought!!! #::) .... or is it just that our dams aren't in the storm belt like hinze??

Dirtysanchez
30-08-2006, 03:34 PM
When the weather man on the news said Rain I laughed, planned a BBQ and the Mrs did some washing.. suffice to say we were floored when it actually did rain, and it still is in Brissy :o :o

Bloody steaks tasted crap under the griller, and we had to nip out and buy a new dryer !!

::) :-[

Fishing_Widow
30-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Well we are in Canungra and it pretty much hasn't stopped drizzling/light rain all day. Ian went down the coast and said that it didn't stop whilst he was down there. Hmmmm and I rode my bike today.... ::)

The only problem with the rain here is that it is on the wrong set of hills for the dams that need it most. :(

Hope it comes out your way Canoedle.

Nomes

finga64
30-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Fished down the pin today.
All I can say is ...Lucky I put a bilge pump in 'Junior' :)

imported_admin
30-08-2006, 04:08 PM
44mm yesterday, 9 so far today.

Sadly not in the dams though.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/ws/broadcast.jpg

midgeptgiru
30-08-2006, 04:26 PM
yeah well it seems that way for the next couple of day

Canoedle
30-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Started raining heavily in Esk about 5pm and is still steadily filling the gutters, here's hoping it keeps going for a while. The locals say a lot less is ending up in the dam though, we need a few weeks of this sort of weather. ::)

StevenM
30-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Canoedle,

Mate I hope she rains bucket loads round ya and fills the Big W and Somerset

Fishing_Widow
31-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Still raining here in Canungra.

How is it in your part of the world Canoedle?

Nomes :)

Canoedle
31-08-2006, 10:08 AM
got another half an inch or so over night and its looking promising for some more rain today. It's not great fishing weather, but I think I'll get over it. ;)

Smailesy
31-08-2006, 11:27 AM
good to see the rain it is a pain 4 me as i work outside and i am now very wet but i dont care

mylestom
31-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Well tried to send it north to u, but still hanging around down here. We got minor flooding but should flush down some of the fish.

Hope your days are wet and your dams improve soon.

Trev

Canoedle
31-08-2006, 02:48 PM
good to see the rain it is a pain 4 me as i work outside and i am now very wet but i dont care

;D It's funny watching people walking down the street in the rain up here, like they've not seen rain before.

Great_White
31-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Went away to Caloundra fore 4 day's come back and the empty wheelbarrow was over flowing that's a good 25 cm of rain in the last 4 day's for Birkdale area :o :o :o

Any more and I will need the boat to get around the yard #;D ;D ;D

Peter #:)

mylestom
31-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Watching the weather forecasts for Qld for next few days, looks promising.

However you can fit the Weather Forecasters in the same barrell and pay them on a performance basis.

Then they would both owe you money. ;) ;) ;D ;D
Trev

mylestom
31-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Weather radar looking great for Qld.

GOT MY FINGERS CROSSED AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT YOU GET A GOOD DROP.

Trev

TinarooTriumph
31-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Really hope that these dams in SEQ receive plenty of rain ASAP. Will be staying with my Uncle in Tagoolawah next year for a few weeks, so im hoping to have a shot at them bass.

Theo 8-)

The_Walrus
31-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Took the bette half for a drive today, 400kms from Strathpine via Caboolture, Kilcoy, Esk, Crows Nest, Blakbutt, Kilcoy, Cabboolture and home.

Most areas seem to have received some good rain. #During the travels, rain went from light drisles to downpours. #A number of creeks were actually flowing and could see water reaching some farm dams.

Another week of this would be great.

Luc

Loco_Pez
31-08-2006, 10:32 PM
We've had over 80mm here this week - just on the other side of the mountain to you Nomes.

You can thank me for it - it's only because I bought a load of water last Friday.

Hope you guys that need it are gettin some.

Canoedle
31-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Still drizzling in esk, must be over the 2 inches since monday now, as you say Luc, another week of this and we'll be on the improve. Another month of it and we'll be out of trouble.