PDA

View Full Version : Are you coming to the rally on Saturday?

gropeher
28-08-2006, 07:42 PM
It would be good to get a perception of the numbers that are likely to turn up,

I hopew hundreds of boats can make the pilgrimage.

So will you be there this Saturday?

Ryan.

longtail
28-08-2006, 07:48 PM
all going well we will be there with boat in tow and kids in the car wearing their fishing clothes ;) ;)

let's hope it achieves something ::)

Jason.

puks
28-08-2006, 07:59 PM
i'll be there one way or the other
hopefully with kel and the boat
if he has to work i go down to clontarf and hitch a ride maybe if someone will take me in :-*
i do hope there will be lots and lots of ppl there

anya

Seahorse
28-08-2006, 08:07 PM
whats this all about

gropeher
28-08-2006, 08:21 PM
The closures to Moreton Bay fishing grounds,
Have a good read through fishing news section, this is serious business.

It is happening.

Ryan.

P.S. Look at fishing news for posters and times of the rally.

revs57
28-08-2006, 08:27 PM
I'll be there with the crew...esky and thermos locked and loaded...reckon it might be a slo-o-o-o-w-w-w crawl and need some refreshments along the way...I'm kinda hoping there will be enough support that when the first lot are reaching the city the last lot will still be leaving Cleveland...Now wouldn't that make a statement!

Cheers

rhys

Obi___Wan
28-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Yes Rhys it would!

And i might add all the way from the Hornibrook to the city.

It may make the b*+*#'s think twice about it

John.

imported_admin
28-08-2006, 08:37 PM
whats this all about

Read the post at the top of every chat board.

"Protest Convoy"

Great_White
28-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Janine & I will be going, don't know how long we can stay for as have a prior arrangement in the afternoon we can,t get out of.

Peter :)

JasonT
29-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Definately there..
Boat on and ready to go.......
Puks - If you need a lift I have a seat!
I'll be at clontarf from about 8.30
Planning to do the drive then come home....

Jason

sunny
29-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Can't be there as I'm working, but it definitely gets my support

harry_h01
29-08-2006, 11:59 AM
I'll be in Brisbane, but will be stuck at a presentation for my daughters new school.

If I see you along the road, I'll toot and wave.

Harry

Lobster48
29-08-2006, 12:03 PM
If I could make it from Darwin I would be there will bells on...

Black_Jack
29-08-2006, 05:25 PM
what is the latest the convoy will be leaving cleveland?

The_Walrus
29-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Will be in Cairns that day :P

Luc

Hornblower
29-08-2006, 06:03 PM
I am working but I have got someone lined up to tow my boat. :( :(

gropeher
29-08-2006, 06:09 PM
The convoy will leave at 10-00am.

Ryan.

jim_bream
29-08-2006, 08:04 PM
You betcha!
BUT- the old VN Commodore is one sick little puppy, she's had a temperature for the last few weeks, wheezing and spluttering... it might be the old girl's last outing... SO.. if anyone lives near Chermside I might need a lift back. ;D
Might even cremate her in front of the cameras for the 6pm news....

Failing that look out for a dirty blue VN Commodore with a rocket launcher strapped to the roof.... real rockets.. aimed at City Hall..

Ha ha ha ha ASIO- just kidding maaaaate!!

:-[

ratherbefishin
30-08-2006, 08:32 PM
I'll be there,
Cleveland, 0830
The William St Ramp (that's the one near Raby Bay, NOT Toondah Harbour isn't it?)
I'll have the boat and kids in tow (not necessarily in that order)
No time to make banners between now and then so if anyone has a surplus of banners the side of my boat is available (5.6m Cuddy)

See you all there

Richard

Jackinthebox
30-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Hell Yeah!

We'll be starting from Cleveland with my 385 Quinnie Explorer on the back of a mate's blue Commodore Storm Ute - then off to the boat show.

Mick

redspeckle
31-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Now i have an exuse to get out of working on the Fishing Party Stand at the Brisbane boat show (stand no 539B)
I be there at Cleveland boat ramp with my Car (Prado, sliver in colour) boat (Redspeckle name on it) in tow and chasing up polling booth workers for Cleveland electorte for next saturday 9th of september to help in hand out how to vote cards and get Shane Boese as many votes as he can so don't be shy come up and have a [smiley=chatirc.png] with me
[smiley=dankk2.gif]
Mitch
ps It was good to meet you yesterday at the boat show Reel Magic

fishin4fun
31-08-2006, 12:56 PM
would love to but have to work.got to show them pollies we are united. good on you guys that are going.........cheers rob

jeffrey_h
31-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Come on guys, we need more boats there from Cleveland.

Years ago I was heavily into the aircraft noise protest when they wanted 2nd runway and that and I know it made a big impact by having the numbers show up to meetings and rallies, and the constant phone calls. They do take notice and your presence there will not be wasted. Come the time to make their decisions we will be there in their face again.

I'd like to go fishing to Saturday but I also want fish in the bay and the right to catch them.

Jeffrey

imported_admin
31-08-2006, 02:09 PM
There will be plenty there. Most people for some reason are not bothered clicking on a poll to tell people they will be there. I have watch as people I know will be there have viewed this post but they have not indicated that they will be there by way of clicking.

I sent over 14000 E-mails out the other day and was swamped with replys of people saying they will be there. So don't be complacent but don't worry also.

Should be a great convoy, see you there. If I was a betting man, I would put money on over 500 cars and cars with boats.

As the late Don Chipp would say "Keep the bastards honest"

As I would say

"SHOW THE BASTARDS YOU CARE"

mitch_05
31-08-2006, 05:44 PM
i dont live in SEQ however i still care even if it may not directly affect me. this is stupid as soon enough there will be no fishing in now popular areas as they are all being turned into marine parks and nobody cares to listen >:(.

i wish all who are attending the very best and SHOW THOSE STUPID POLITICIANS WE DO CARE!!![

ratherbefishin
31-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Just to let everyone know, I warned Michael Caltabiano, sitting member for Chatsworth, that the convoy would be travelling through his electorate. That gives HIM an opportunity to let YOU know how he feels about the issue.
I doubt whether he will be able to stand by the roadside (The Lib Party launch is next day and he'll prob be busy with that) but lets see if he at least makes the effort to put one of his staff on the roadside?????

Pitsta
31-08-2006, 06:59 PM
I'LL BE THERE NEW STICKERS AND ALL ..!
BUT NO BREAKS ON THE TRAILER.

MARK ;)

mylestom
31-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Wish you all the best for the protest rally.

Sorry that I can't be there as live a bit south.
But fish regularly in QLD also born and bred there.

Hope the numbers are good. All the best.

Do the politicians really know what they are doing.

Pay both them and weather forecasters on a performance basis.
Boy would that save us some money.

Trev

britto
31-08-2006, 07:20 PM
should be good

BeastMaster
31-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Beast Master will be there(Raby Bay)- I'll be towing the sons dinghy "Miss Conduct"
I remind All Fisherman: look what happened to the GBR ,Flat Rock , Hendersons etc etc . If you cannt make it on Saturday-
Make your Vote count.The future of Moreton Bay and our bait grounds will depend on you. I fish and I vote.!!!

axelfish
31-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Hi Everyone! I will be at Cleveland Boat Ramp with bells on, and slogans.
Remember, we need to be on our best behaviour so as to remain credible.

1 or 2 dickheads in a car drinkin or hoonin' could catch media attention and make us all look like yobo's.

Show the general public we can be responsible custodians of the bay.
We have a powerful voice now with Moreton Bay Access Alliance, and they have called for the Rally.
On Saturday we will be representing not only our families, but also the people in all the Industries that use Moreton Bay for their livelyhood.

See you all on Saturday!

searaider
31-08-2006, 08:14 PM
I'll be there with the boat (Searaider 2 ) .
See you at the Clontarf ramp .

Peter
Searaider 2

Cheech
31-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Cheech's Charters will be there at Clontarf.

2DKnBJ
31-08-2006, 09:38 PM
I will be joining the crew at Clontarf for the drive into town.

Cheers Dazza

seafarer3
01-09-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm trying to be there !!!!!

Cheers
Scott

shayned
01-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Apologies, I'm working yet again!!! >:( >:( I wish everyone who makes it the best and god sakes let the bloke without the trailer brakes up the front! ;)