PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Boat Show

stuart
02-09-2006, 12:32 PM
I really don’t want to start a shit fight here but I have to say it. I went to the boat show in Brisbane yesterday and I couldn’t believe the crap I was looking at. Alloy boats have gone way back in terms of quality, finish and set up. The price they are asking is beyond my comprehension compared to the quality you would be getting if you were stupid enough to buy one. The only boats that truly impressed me was the AMM plates, although they still had some set up problems that I personally would change but over all they were the nicest boats there. The only significant changes I saw was the colour schemes, nothing else made me turn my head. Even the wife bagged most alloy boats and she doesn’t know much about boats.

Live bait tanks that could hold 3 guppies, transom doors that wouldn’t open with out getting the shoulder into it. Rod holders that stuck three inches above the gunnels “hat to sit on that gunnel”. Centre cabs that could barely fit two 10 year olds in, welds that could be seen from the other side of the Pacific. Grinding and sanding marks all over the alloy, orange peel in the paint jobs, pit holes through many welds and so on and so on. :o

Stu

PinHead
02-09-2006, 12:40 PM
I guess that means that you didn't buy one.

seatime
02-09-2006, 01:36 PM
stuart

some I looked at were as you say, though the focus is more on GRP/FRP boats at the Bris Boat show.

did you look at the kiwi Stabi's and Extreme boats, they look very professional and finished nicely, but the set up might not suit.

if you want plate boats, the Tinnie and Tackle show is much better.

rgds