PDA

View Full Version : Great White: A TV star

theoldlegend
02-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Saw GW on Channel 7 tonight. What a star!! Didn't see Herm though.

Where were you Herm?

TOL

puks
02-09-2006, 06:41 PM
and didnt his daughter look cute with her ausfish tshirt :)

very professional ;)

anya

StevenM
02-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Saw the flamin riptide as well

Bundy_Burp
02-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Ok how much are the autographs going to cost .
All jokes aside though looked very good on the tele .

Bundy 8-)

gropeher
02-09-2006, 09:01 PM
When the cameras turned up, Janaine ran, I tried to coax her but she wanted no part,
very camera shy that girl.. ;D

Your girls looked cool today though, shame they didnt show your 4 yr old ranting STAY AWAY FROM OUR BAY,

That cost me a few bob just quietly, because I told everyone how these 2 little cute girls were gonna be on the news but they didnt show em.

Cheers again, Ryan.

Anne-T-Dote
02-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Hey Janine, Peter, Sarah and Chloe - wha's this all 'bout - I musta missed it. Were you at the rally?

Damm, I hate it when I miss stuf on the tely...

Jack's goin well - he wants to meet the girls one day soon...

Great_White
02-09-2006, 11:50 PM
OMG!!!!

All correspondence must now go through my agent!!! ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D No seriously - all for a good cause!!!

I am a bit pi$$ed off as I gave the poor reporter a 5 mintue rant about the cause and all the put on is "I hope that common sense prevails!!!" and Sarah was watching ready to see herself but it was not to be! Next time maybe Bubba! ;)

We both enjoyed meeting you all and the girls waved out the window to everyone, even the Labor supportors :-/, for about the first 1/2 hour of the convoy! :)

Enjoyed the day and would do it all again if it is required! :)

Peter 8-)

Herm
03-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Where was I????

Where were you TOL?!?!?!? ;)

I had heard that the TV camera adds 10 pounds and let me tell you - I don't need that! So I ran for the hills or rather the cover of all those lovely big boats! :)

Peter is being unbearable, he thinks that 2 seconds on the TV makes him a STAR! Thank God that they only put on the condensed version! ;) To every question I ask all I get back is "I hope that common sense prevails" ::)

We have been to see the Boy from OZ tonight and the girls are at his parents and he rang to check on them and Sarah is yelling down the phone "You're on TV Dadda!!!!" :)

So off to bed now as I am very tired from baking all those cookies, making posters and t-shirts, and what does Pete say "Geez, if your lucky you might get to sleep with a TV star!!!" ;) Oh - I am soooo lucky!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

It is going to be a long couple of days! ;)

:)Janine

mitch_05
03-09-2006, 06:32 AM
i the news i spotted great white, flamin riptide, mr bean and another boat with ausfish stickers up the front of it but i couldnt tell who's boat it was. lets hope that it made the impression we wanted and that beatti actually listens for once.

Scalem
03-09-2006, 06:43 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was in the middle of serving up dinner, and my wife yells out, "Hey there's Peter, isn't that Janines' hubby, you know, one of your cyber buddies!!" (she calls all the people I have met through Ausfish my Cyberbuddies)... #Because I took my eyes off the tube only half a second, I missed you Pete! Did you get it recorded? Even more frustating for you when you gave them a full interview, but only got a few seconds.

Let us now when the full length documentary comes out! ;D ;D

Scalem

PS.. Who organised the Ausfish shirts the girls have on??

theoldlegend
03-09-2006, 06:59 AM
Haw Haw Haw!! ;D ;D

The price you have to pay for fame Janine!!

Mate, things are getting a bit over the top aren't they? First you go fishing with a cyber buddy, now it's rumoured you're sleeping with a TV personality.

But don't let it get you down, because

"I hope that common sense prevails".

Have sent you a PM re my enforced absence yesterday morning.

TOL

Great_White
03-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Hi Brian, did get it on tape but won't boar anyone with it #;D ;D ;D and yep 1/2 a second was about it, but all for a good cause. ;) ;) ;)

Janine made up the shirts for the girls, she got Steves permission to use the ausfish logo and whipped them up quicker than the time it took to make the cookies :o :o :o

I just noticed that Janine has changed my quote from the standard ausfish.com.au to my TV interview quote of "I hope that common sense prevails" :( :( :( That's what happens when your wife know more about computers than I do. #:D :D :D

Anyway the real star's were all the people who attended and supported the cause :) :) :)

Peter #;)

revs57
03-09-2006, 09:39 AM
It was a worthwhile event and great to meet the ausfish crew present...I saw the three seconds of fame moment live Pete...I thought it was the girls that were the attraction, not the crusty old man ;D ;D ;D and Janine's cookies were a hit!!!

I was behind Dave in his lovely Fisher "Alchemy" toward the front, I was talking to a mate who had tagged toward the rear....We were at turning at O'keefe St near the PA into Ipswich Road and the convoy was still coming through a point I reckoned to be some 10 k back....lets hope the statement has been registered.

I was amazed given that the major parties were invited, one party was obvious in their absence...the best we got from them was a statement to be read...oh well, be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Well done to the Moreton Bay Boating Alliance and the Fishing Party

Well done to the organisers and to all that participated

Cheers

Rhys

Darryl
03-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Pete will be growing a beard and kissing fish for sure now.... ::) ;D ;D

Great_White
03-09-2006, 06:43 PM
I got off light there Darryl #::) ::) ::)

I was bracing myself for the Crestcutter comedy onslaught ;D ;D ;D

Rex Hunt no worries mate bring it on ;) ;) ;)

Us 38 ers must be mellowing in our maturing age :) :) :) or maybe our brain cells are starting to slow, might get a guest invite to the GOM club #;D ;D ;D

Peter ;)

PinHead
03-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Rex Hunt no worries mate bring it on ;) ;) ;)

Peter ;)

Does that have anything to do with women and alleys ??

Great_White
03-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Not even going there Greg ;D ;D ;D

Happy with the one I have couldn't please any more ;D ;D ;D

Peter ;)

Darryl
03-09-2006, 07:48 PM
That was part 2 of what i was going to write Greg but i thought maybe i shouldn't lmao.

Gotta go light on ya pete until we at least meet and have a beer. Then it's open season mate. ;D ;D ;D

PinHead
03-09-2006, 07:50 PM
LOL crestcutter..you are as bad as me you bugger..Pete is okay..he can handle it..I think.

Darryl
03-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Hope so Greg otherwise i'm in for a Flog and Greet :-/ ;D

Great_White
03-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Nah guy's water off a ducks back, I give as good as I get. It's the MRS's you have to worry about !!!!

Sorry Dear ;D ;D ;D

Peter :)

revs57
04-09-2006, 07:31 AM
I don't reckon it would be smart to leave Janine and Jackie alone for too long Pete...by the time they'd exchanged notes, I'd reckon we'd be in more trouble than ever!!!

Cheers

rhys