PDA

View Full Version : Fishing when its windy

marzoe
13-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Its blowing hard enough to blow a dog off its chain in Central Queensland at present.
Just so happens that I want to do some fishing and crabbing as I have some leave at the moment and have been hanging out to go.
I thought I would find a sheltered river somewhere to go put some pots out and have a fish for bream or flathead but I've heard conflicting reports about #whether or not to go when its really windy as the fish don't bite and the crabs aren't around.
What does everyone think about this.

JasonT
13-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Mate, I know it's a bit of a drive but the Boyne river is always an option!
Have caught some nice bream in there!

Cheech
13-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I find that when it is too calm I do not do as well as when there is a bit of wind and sea. But then when it is excessive, that catch rate drops off. Though I tend to think that its is more to do with not being as comfortable and not being able to do things as well due to the rock and roll.

mickstar001
13-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Dont know much about the area up there marzoe, think you should be able to find some area of river which is nice and protected, down brissy way has been the same here for the past week and a half - better to fish/crab the rivers and give it a crack than sit at home doing housework ;)

Mick