PDA

View Full Version : witches hat prat

imagineer
12-09-2006, 09:08 AM
could someone confirm how to bait a dilly.
Thanks
Neil

Noelm
12-09-2006, 09:52 AM
there should be a string/cord across the centre of the round frame, usually has a loop knot in it, just tie your bait to this and throw it in, or what I do is have a large snap swivel with the baits attached to it, and just clip them on and when finished, unclip and put in a bucket, when you get home put bucket and baits in freezer (not in the house freezer) and next time you go out, baits already to go, I use them twice usually before making up some new fresh ones.

stevedemon
12-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Hi imagineer
another good idea is gutter guard and make your own bait keep or you can buy them pre-made from tackle stores the other idea as stated above and use s/s wire or fishing line to tie bait to loop hope this helps

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

RCG008
12-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Also an easy option is getting one of those onion/orange type bags and making bait keeps out of them. Their ok fo sand/blueswimmer craps but if going for muddies they often need repairs.

fish2eat
12-09-2006, 04:02 PM
the dillies are a very cheap and effective tool for catching sandies, but as RCG008 says, keep them away from muddies. A muddie will shred a dilly in minutes, I have replaced many a net. Stick to the deeper cleaner water where sandies hang and you'll be OK, check them every half hour.

imagineer
13-09-2006, 03:46 PM
many thanks guys I appreciate the help

Regards
Neil ;D

madman1
13-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Be careful with the gutter guard as it connects very easily to the mesh and tangles and fouls your dillie. Go to your local tackle store and get a few bait hooks and poke it thorugh bait if it allows.

Good luck and let us all know how you go.